Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bleeding after positive pregnancy test?

Replies

• I had positive pregnancy test on wednesday. Five months trying. Got morning sickness and tender breasts then suddenly on friday night I began bleeding heavily. Went to hospital and two pregnancy tests later im not pregnant and miscarried. Feel so low. Very upsetting. I have a two year old son. Just hope ill concieve again. So terrible to have then loose.
  • Martha James, That was the end result of my post, as well. "Chemical" Pregnancy. So heart rending. Sorry for your loss. Baby dust to you ~~~

• I empathise with those of you who have had a chemical- I teach science, have been objective and teach contentious subjects.. I had a pale line last month, 11 days po, that got paler the next day, and I had a few odd small clots when I wiped same day as I got first line. By four days after line had gone, and Af started with vengeance.

Despite all my scientific logic I was distraught. Hoping for more luck this month. Been bd like mad, but its only about 5 days post ov if I calculated right.

Fingers toes and everything else crossed!
  • My last period was on 26th feb.on 27th march dere was a spotting and it stops that time.after 11 days i had a HPT and it was  fent lines and that day we had inntercourse ,started bleeding,it continued for 3 days.again 14th april  i had another HPT and this time it was dark lines means positive.on 20th april we went for ultrasound and in ultrasound it shows nothing and nw agin it was little bit bleeding from 2 days.doctor advised to do a scan after 2 weeks.please advised whats going on?i'm scared as i hv a miscarriage before.its my first baby.plz advice me what to do?

• Hi all,

I am so glad that there is a post here that i can read and feel like there are ppl out there going thro excatly what i am going thro. So i did i a pregnancy test last thrusday as period was 5 days late, it was postive image and then i did another one for the next 4 days all still positive image however on Saturday that has just gone i started bleeding no cramps and only a small clot came out, and now i have pretty much stopped bleeding only lasted 1 and a bit days. I am in the Navy so i am now awaiting for the blood results to come back which should be today. I am so scared, my partner still thinks that i am pregnant and he is so happy. I am scared as i have had 4 mc. So my question is "am i still pregnant or have i had a mc??????

• I'll keep my fc for you Kells_Bells xx

• Hello all, i have 14 year old son to start this off so everyoneimage knows, as of last November I felt changes in my body and I knew I was already a few days late of having my normal regular period so I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. Then a few days later I started to billed so I took another hpt it came out positive, I made a docts appoint took their test and it came out negative, as soon as I left docts office I took another test and it came out positive. The same day docs sent me to gecloud work and results came back that I was pregnant.image I had to wait three days to take hpt and still came back positive but very light. I went back doctor blood work and after 4 or 5 hpt that were positive my blood result came back negative. I must have had a mc Very sad. Now 8 months later my period was late and I have been feeling nausea and took a digital hpt it came out positivetar two days later I have started bleed. I have been having cramps tenderness in my breast and hoping this isn't another mc. I am going to wait a few days before I take a hpt but I hope the bleeding stops and that I don't lose this one. I'll let you know what happens cross your fingers for me ladies!,,,

• I am in the same boat. I was due to start my period on saturday 20th july.. no period came so I did a clear blue test and it came up positive 1-2 weeks.. I was so happy because me and my partner have been trying for 3 months. So then on sunday I started spotting.. very light. But it has got heavier, like a period and I have period like pains and I also took another clear blue (hoping it would reassure me?!) and it came back 'Not pregnant' I have been to the doctors this morning and she said that was impossible ( which it cant be because its happened) and that I have to wait a week and take another test to see if its still positive or not?! has anyone had this and anything good happened in the end? Or should i prepare for the worst. I was so happy image

• Hi, i had a positive test on Friday (ttc for 13 months now) then took another 2 tests later to make sure, both negative. Got a bit down, but i have been reading online, and some say, there must have been that hormone in you to turn it positive, i didnt know what to think or feel. So thought i'll try another test in a week to make sure, but think i have just come on today, with slight spotting.

i have just been referred to my local fertility hospital, as i was told i may have polycystic ovaries, and they want to look into this further. any suggestions??

• Hi I have taken 4 HPTs and all were positive but i went to a clinic and they tested me and i was negative according to them then i came home and took my 4th HPT which was a digital clear blue and it was positive. But my period was 5 days late and i started spotting then woke up the next morning with a full on period my fiance still thinks im pregnant but im not sure i have been cramping soo im really confused if anyone can give me any hope it would be greatly appreciated thank you!

• I would say to anyone bleeding like this to try another hpt once the bleeding has stopped for a few days. If its still positive then get in to see a doctor for a blood test xx good luck xx

• My period was late yesterday,  I had 2 positive digital hpt then started bleeding likea period although more campy. I went to the er and the urine test and blood test were negative.  The doctor thought I was making up my positive tests. It was so frustrating. 

• My story is very similar. Af was 10 days late, I'm irregular so I didn't think much of it. Took a hpt the morning of the 27th & 28th both were positive. Late afternoon on the 30th I started cramping with lower back pain. That night I started bleeding, light watery pink. I took another hpt the same night and it was negative. Today I'm still bleeding, it hasn't changed in color. I've read that this is normal. I've had one mc at 11 weeks and it wasn't like this. It was very heavy & painful. At this point Idk what to think. I'm waiting until the bleeding stops & then I'm gonna take another hpt. Fingers crossed....
  • HI last time i had my period was on 2nd july 2013 last 4-5 days so i was due next to get my period on 29th july 2013 well i didn't took two test really faint positives havent been to doctor yet as have to wait till new starter motor goes in my car which hopefully tomoro fingers crossed well today im 1 week and 2 days late well later today i got sum light bleeding pinkish not heaps tho i had a head ache all day today basically slept all day while partner looked after kids ate heaps no cramps no clots i still get nauseas and get hot flushes could any one give me an idea of whats happening when i had my last baby a yr ago i had a heamorage but inside no bleeding it absorbed away there was that much its first baby theyve seen survive with that amount of blood well he is a healthy bouncing boy now

• HI last time i had my period was on 2nd july 2013 last 4-5 days so i was due next to get my period on 29th july 2013 well i didn't took two test really faint positives havent been to doctor yet as have to wait till new starter motor goes in my car which hopefully tomoro fingers crossed well today im 1 week and 2 days late well later today i got sum light bleeding pinkish not heaps tho i had a head ache all day today basically slept all day while partner looked after kids ate heaps no cramps no clots i still get nauseas ive been having hot flushes could any one give me an idea of whats happening when i had my last baby a yr ago i had a heamorage but inside no bleeding it absorbed away there was that much its first baby theyve seen survive with that amount of blood well he is a healthy bouncing boy now

• I took a pregnancy test yesterday whuxh was monday the 5 and it was a faint postive and today is the 6 and im bleeding and idk wat to think this will be number 2 if im am pregnant
  • Just an update: It turned out that I had what's called a chemical pregnancy. My bleeding got heavier followed by painful cramps. I am now on day 9 & still bleeding image cramps are gone now though. This was my 3rd miscarriage in the past 10 years. After researching online, I've started taking baby aspirin, b6 & vit d, hoping to conceive next month!
  • Hi all, after a bit of advice, my period was late so done a HPT and it was positive 13.08.13 but then on the 14.08.13 I started bleeding which lasted 2 days and stopped then I started having a little bit of blood when I wipe after the loo... I never had any symptoms of pregnancy before the test and was wondering if anyone thinks I may have had a mc or was it like implantation bleeding plz help I'm so worried
  • P*** off, Faith Steven.....spamming....

• Jaime, so sorry to hear that you're having a worrying time. Have you done a pregnancy test again over the last few days since the bleeding? Was it heavy bleeding over those two days? If it was a tiny bit of bleeding, I wouldn't worry too much - spotting seems pretty common early on (can be blood left over from implantation, etc), but maybe worth a phone call to your doc to put your mind at rest?  Hoping everything works out ok, love xxx Let us know?