Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bleeding after positive pregnancy test?

Replies

• Brandee - sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy, but wishing you all the very best for ttc again next month!! Keep us all updated!! xxx

• Hi guys, was wondering if anyone could shed light on my problem.

I had an ERPC following a missed miscarriage on 4th July 2013. I hadn't had a period in 5 weeks so on 11th August took two pregnancy tests and both came up negative.

Then on 20th August I started getting slight cramping and mucusy discharge, which I thought may be my period finally coming 7 weeks after my ERPC. Then I read that mucusy discharge could be a sign of early pregnancy, so me being desperate to fall pregnant again took another pregnancy test, the digital clear blue tests and here the two tests said I was 1-2 weeks pregnant. I was absolutely over the moon so went to docs the next day but did express my concerns of cramping. The doc said not to worry as this can be common in a lot of pregnancys, just watch out for bleeding.

Then that night I started to get pinky discharge and the next morning bleeding! I have now been bleeding and cramping for 3 days and I am now panicking that I am now experiencing another miscarriage!

I did phone the early pregnancy unit however they told me its to early to see anything on a scan at the moment but what to do is take another digital test this Wednesday and see if the results have increased to 2-3 weeks.

I know it obviously doesn't look good but I'm praying that I am still pregnant and maybe just bleeding due to having an ERPC recently. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sorry for the novel I have just written here!! X
  • I'm so glad I found this forum.

My partner and I have been ttc for 2 months now... my period was due Thursday 3rd Oct. Today I did first response test as this is day 4 overdue and got a very faint pink line. Today in work I noticed brown like bleeding and it turned more red as the day went on. I'm also getting period like cramps.. Im still bleeding and praying it will stop...Could my faint positive be nothing more than a cp... will be gutted and so will my boyfriend.... Any advice would be great... so ready to be a mum.
  • I had a CP in November 2012 - My daughter is 15 years old, and was a clomid baby. I had PCOS (which has disappeared over the last 3 years) Since her birth in 1998 we had tried numerous times, with fertility help and without. We got nowhere so when my daughter was 6 years old we decided that we should stop trying, big gaps and all.

In 2010 I was feeling unwell, went to the docs for blood tests which came back 'very strange' as the doctor put it, they assumed it was my PCOS so sent me for a scan...I was 6 weeks pregnant, I nearly fell off the bed and my hubby couldn't speak. Unfortunately we suffered a miscarrage at 8 weeks image

Then in November 2012 I was feeling odd, I take cerazette mini pill to balance my hormones and the symptoms when you have a pill break are really strong pregnancy symptoms but I just felt different, I took a test and there was a good strong positive, I was over the moon!! I immediately arranged a visit to the early pregnancy unit, I took another 6 or so tests between the first test and the unit appointment and noticed that they were getting progressively lighter, no bleeding or spotting at all though. Obviously worried, in fact I was crying whilst they scanned me. The man who scanned me was quite frankly vile, he could see my eyes searching the screen and he said to me "There's nothing I can see that confirms a pregnancy, there's something there but it's too small to suggest a pregnancy and if it was it's not now, Pregnancy tests are so sensitive these days there are times in the month when I could have a positive test"!!!!! I was devastated, he was so cold and heartless. It might have only been 'chemical' to him but to me it was a chance i'd been waiting for since 1999! - A few days later I got my cpmc - I like to think of it simply as a period.

Almost a year later and I have all of those feelings all over again, except no positive test yet (I track my dates so I  would only be 2 weeks post event, possibly a week post conception!!) but my body seems ubber sensitive. My dog has, in the last 4 days, had a massive change in behaviour, he won't leave me aone, on walks he will not leave my side and if I do get 2 steps behind he's stopping, turning and waiting for me - no matter what my hubby or I do to encourage him he just won't leave my side - it's creeping me out a little tbh! Tuesday I started with some light pink discharge on wiping, yesterday and today some darker pink upon waking up but nothing yesterday through th day and so far nothing past the first loo visit.. I still feel very odd, sore breasts, headaches, nausea. All associated with very early pregnancy..I have had pregnancy symptoms since last Tuesday, so a week now, and they are not going away. PT is still too early, plus with the light bleeding I am not sure I'm even brave enough to take a test. The thing with my dog? well you kinda have to be there but it's sooo weird, my hubby keeps telling my i'm pregnant or sick - either way he wants me to go to the doctors to tell them my dog is stalking me!!! - I think i'm just going to pretend nothing is happening and get on with my life - I don't drink or smoke, I exercise regularly and have a busy 'horsey' life, trying to be normal without being concerned for the welfare of something that may not even be there is properly taking it out of me.... Apologies for the novel, I just wanted to shareimage

• hi, I have never written on one fo these things, but i have had a mc about 3 years ago. I got to be about 6 weeks when it happened. started with light spotting in the morning to heavy clots oozing out of me by late night when i knew exactly what was happeneding. now I have had 2 positive first response tests about a week ago exactly on sunday morning i started a light spotting a little brown discharge and monday some more spotting and streaks when i wiped with a little red now today i have a lot mroe red blood, but seems only when i wipe i get it. nothings really on my pad just a few little speckles. i have back pain, but no cramps or anything. I took a digital blue test on monday evening and it came back positive 2-3 wks. I have an apt tmrw about hte bleeding. I'm so scared to lose another one. I know people say everything happens for a reason and that most times mc are bc there is something wrong with the baby and not you...but i just dont know if i could bare losing another one...#tryingtostaypositive!

• hi, a first timer on here. I came on looking for answers (just like veryone else). last week took about 7 hpt all came up faint positives...I wasnt convinced so even though experiencing morning sickness 2 weeks late swollen sore breasts went and bought a clear blue digital that came back pregnant 1-2 weeks. put a urine sample in at docs that cme bck negative so doc took bloods get results on monday. woke up this am and having a thumping head ache and cramps bleeding slightly but only when wipe. was wondering what everyone thinks. thanks in advance x

• hi came across this like everyone else looking for answers. i done a first response test came positive straight away, went to doctors two days later but at my docs they dont do a urine test or blood tests they say that if a home test comes up positive they refer you to midwifes straight away. so i went away a bit confused cause i wanted it confirmed. that evening i went to the toilet and when i wiped i noticed a bit of brown on the toilet roll. started to panick so rang emergency docs but he said it can be very normal especially if im only about 4 weeks gone and to rest up but ring back if i see heavy blood or clots. with that in mind i went to bed and rested next morning woke up there was no stain but once i wiped yet again brown staining on the toilet roll. done that all day didnt think much of it as he had told me it can be old blood just. that evening again i went to loo and wiped but this time it was a light pink blood. sat on the bed for 5 mins pankicking and thought id check again but back to brown. im so confused but doctors cant do anything for another 2 weeks before they scan me. has anyone else experianced this and if so what was our outcome? thanks image

• Hi, I did a pregnancy test yesterday morning clearblue normal test, it was a positive i was expecting this as I havent had a period since 25th May and its now 9th july, i had all symptoms heavy sore breast and nipples being sick increased appetitie weird dreams, cramos before period was due, and extremely tired. So i tested yesterday mornigna dn it was a postive and this morning i woke up to light bleeding which stopped and started, I took myself to a hospital straigh away, the urine didnt have any pregnancy hormones I am now bleeding heavier and a complete wreck, 

they said it could be miscarriafe or a false result on home test, they have said to re-test in a week as it could be that its early pregnancy and i will have negative, postives etc: i dont know what to feel, i was so overwhelemed im pregnant and now im just am emotional wreck 
    please any comments or views

• Been trying ttc for about a month; Ovulation window was June 30th-July 4th (had sex the 30th, the 2nd, and the 3rd)  supposed period was supposed to start on the 16th..had spotting up until today (the 19th) when I started heavy flow.  Took a test today and yesterday, both had super faint positives.  I have cramps and tissue, so I'm worried about whether I'm pregnant or not.  I've never miscarried before, and have had two healthy pregnancies prior.  I'm reading all the comments on here and hoping you guys have positive outcomes.  Please let us know what happens.

• Hey Everyone, I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks in May. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant so the miscarriage was a upsetting feeling. Now I had another test Tuesday and it came out positive. I am suppose to retest on Tuesday just to make sure cause im only 6 weeks. Well now I am heavily bleeding and little clots. I dont fill an entire pad just quite a bit more than just spotting. I am worried because with my first son I didnt have much bleeding at all. Just wondering everyones thoughts on this. Thanks guys!! Prayers for all you women dealing with this scary situation!

• hello all,

i guess m very late here,the posts show 2012....

Any ways i m really confused,need some help.....I will keep the description as short as posible so that wont bother you more for some suggestions or advices.

I had my last MP on 20th april 2015,BD'd every other day from day 7 till 17th of may 2015.Got a positive very very faint hpt on 18th May,19th may and got a blood test on 20th may and a positive pregnancy.

Got little brown discharge on saturday 23rd may and on hcg test got 1016 mul.then the discharge contiued for 12 days with dark red discharge,mucous,stretchy on the 12th day and 13th day.

Went for U/S showed sac 11.6 mm sac,no fetal pole,no embryo,just empty sac(first scan at 5 weeks 4 days-5.3 mm,less than 5 weeks),with blood around sac.

Doctor said 90% miscarriage possibility,told me to stop taking duphaston,and there will be a normal menstrual flow by the end of week.

But now since 3 days m dischaging mucus free of any blood or any colour.

My worry is,is it that m really going to  miscarriage??my breasts still tender and cramps in lower abdomen.Feeling dizzy and light headed still.Is it that i ovulated late or implanted late.???

Help,advice,suggestions,experiences most welcome and appreciated.

• Hi I just wanted some advice I was 3 days late on my period I took a pregnancy test it came back with 1 red line and 1 very faint line a day later I started loosing blood and a little bits of blood clots its lasted 2 daysbnot like my normal period then today I tryed 2 different types of tests 1 came back as negative and the other came back as 1 red line and a very faint line what does this me.

• Ok. So. I took 2 tests today and came out positive but am now having light bleeding only when wiping. Please help. I am not sure what to think 

• Looks like the experts have left the forum.  It seemed to be really thriving a couple years ago.  Perhaps those of us who have posted in the last this month can regain the momentum. I know i could definitely use the support.

Here's a little background on me (bare with me because i don't have the lingo down pact). i had my first premature birth in 2001- my son was 23 weeks and did not make it. it was very traumatic. It was in my first year of college so it wasn't the best time to be having a baby anyway.  In 2006 I lost a set of twins at 17 weeks. it was equally as traumatic. At this point i was labeled as high risk due to a weak cervix.  In 2007 i became pregnant again and spent 6 of the 9 months of pregnancy on bed rest ( after the first trimester).  i carried my son to 36 weeks and delivered him healthy and happy. He will be 8 in October! Yayy!

Present situation: His dad and I hadn't planned on having more children.  In fact we had a couple abortions before I finally settled on a birth control that worked for me (nuva ring).  I had been inconsistent with the pill and dissatisfied with the IUD and there were pregnancies which occurred in between which we terminated.  A lapse in my health insurance due to a loss of my employment led to the inability to get a new Nuva Ring in May.  In June my period was late. I took a home test which came out positive.  i was experiencing all the early signs of pregnancy.  About a week later my period came with regular heavy flow.  I was pretty sure that i wasn't pregnant, assumed i had an early miscarriage and carried on.  It was kind of sad though since we had decided right away that we would keep this pregnancy and finally have a second child.  We had already started talking as if we were preparing for a new baby.  We decided that we would intentionally try to get pregnant after i returned to work (restoring our household income).  I was able to apply and get approved for public health insurance but I started a new Job at the beginning of this month and hadn't gotten around to getting a new prescription (my pharmacy wouldn't honor the old prescription even though my provider was the same because my insurance carrier was different) so i have continued off BC. I took a pregnancy test on Tuesday 7/28 which is the day my period was due.  I knew we had he intercourse during the days before and during my ovulation.  the test came out positive.  This morning 7/30 i am having some light bleeding.  I am concerned that what happened last month will happen again.  At this point i have decided in my heart that i want to have a second child, thus, i want to BE and STAY pregnant. 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

• Hi ladies... I'm turning 31 in a week and my husband and I have ttc for only 2 months. I have an amazing 7 year old boy who was born with out me knowing I was pregnant in 2007.  With absolutely no prenatal care hr was born happy and healthy and now is thriving in all parts of life. 

I took my first hpt on weds July 29th and got faint positive 3 days before my period was due. Over the next few days I took 7 several different brands all positive and we were so excited!! Mid afternoon on Sunday August 2nd I started cramping... tried not to panic thinking it's probably normal stretching etc. Couple hours later notice brown spotting when I wiped after peeing. With this and hours of cramps me and my husband ended up in the er. 4 HOURS LATER and they told me they have no answers 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

that my urine was negative and my blood is 4.67 hcg so I need to wait and see... my husband thinks we're still pregnant but I'm heart broken and even after Tylenol still in pain. Does anyone have any experience with this?!?! In just a couple days I went from excited with happiness to devastated. Good luck to you all GOD BLESS xo
  • Hello Faithfully Hoping,

i have had 2 prior experiences of a positive pregnancy test and then (cramming and bleeding) my period coming several days later, indicating an early miscarriage which is pretty common.  However, without bleeding you are most likely still pregnant.  The cramping could be a sign of impending miscarriage, but if your not bleeding then the lining and future baby is still in there. The cramping and light bleeding could be due to implantation taking place.

Try not to stress too much. It wont help. Good luck. God bless!

• Thank you so much! I do think I'm on the verge of a miscarriage... the cramping has intensified and the spotting is more frequent and darker in color. I'm holding in till the ob will see me and hopefully at least will have a definitive answer because not knowing might be the worst part. Thank you for your kind words and information it truly helps!!

Curious after your miscarriages did you get pregnant again? I pray all is well for u!

Xo

• I gave an overview of my history above your first comment. As far as the two early miscarriages...one was a couple years ago during a time I wasn't looking to have a child so it just saved me having to terminate honestly. The second time was last month, and so yes, I'm pregnant again the very next month. I wasn't trying to get pregnant but I suppose I wasn't not trying either. 

Sorry to hear about your current situation. It certainly sounds like a mc. If so there is a bright side to it happening this early. You can literally try again in about 2 weeks after the mc/period. I know you may not want to hear this but looking forward is important...

And some advice that both of us should take is...stop taking the pregnancy test companies up on their offer to find out before our missed period. About 30% of pregnancies end in natural early miscarriage. Usually a woman never even knows she was pregnant because it happens around the same time she was due to have her normal period anyway. 30% is a pretty significant number. So it's best to just keep it traditional and wait to "be late" then test. It'll save disappointment and heartache. (P.s. I always test early too)

God bless.

• Chases mom

Thank you for that advice.  This information I never knew and didn't even consider.  I never thought going through a miscarriage would be this heart breaking and your words are the most comforting part (along with the love and support of my amazing husband) thus far.

I have a doctors appointment with a new gyn Tomorrow and hopefully we can start trying again. And this time I will do my best not to test early. Who knew it would be this hard. 

Thanks again!! Xo

• Good luck with everything! OMG it is sooo hard not to test early! but its probably the best decision.