Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

bleeding after positive pregnancy test?

Replies

• Hi ladies was wondering if someone could give me a bit of advise please. I took a preg test on Tuesday as I was 8 days late for my monthly  cycle. It came out as a positive. It's took us so long to conceive.  I did another one and then a clear blue digital.  They all came out positive.  The clear blue sated 1-2 weeks pregnant. On Thursday at about 5 I stated to have a small bleed it was bright red but they was no pain no cramping . This went on till Saturday  midday . I have taken another 2 test this morning (Sunday)and they both say positive but are very faint.. am I still pregnant or have a miscarried . 

• Don't know, sorry. The test being fainter isn't a good sign, I'll be honest. But I had bright red bleeding from around 6 weeks and it lasted (some red, some brown) for 6 weeks. Sorry as I know this will just pull you in both directions. But fainter tests are not a good sign. Best wishes xxx

• I agree the fainter pregnancy line isn't a great sign.  But until you have what resembles a full menstrual period (possibly even heavier than your usual) you have not likely miscarried. Your body could be preparing to miscarry.  Or you may just be one of the few women who have bleeding during early pregnancy.

All the best! Stay positive and take it easy.  Consider going to your doctor.

• I hope everything be ok I also got a digital pregnacy test tge other day it came up positive then 2 days later I started to litley bleed it was slimey  different red to usual period but then it got heavier any advice from ur exsperience ????

• Hi there ladies

im in the same position. I was 6 days late so I brought a hpt and did it on Friday (21/8) it was positive! I would say I'm around 5 weeks pregnant, going from my last period. Really happy ???? I went to work really buzzing, but when I finished at 1pm found small amount of blood on panty liner. Then later that day it stopped! Went to work again yesterday and same thing happened. It's not heavy, it's lighter than a normal period. But it's enough to scare me. I'm upset as I want this so much. People tell me not too worry as it can be normal, but it is really scaring me as I didn't have this before. I'm off work for 2 weeks now so hopefully it will ease off and I get the same result! Has anyone else been ok and ended up with a heathy baby??

i really hope everyone else is ok xxx

• Hey my name is Kayla Gaona i am 25 and trying to get pregnant been married for 4 years noe that year in April i was pregnant but when i was 9 weeks they could not find the heart beat and i had to have a dnc and it turns out that it was a molar pregnancy and didn't let the baby grow they told me i had to wait a year to be able to try again and last month was when that finished and now i can so my question is that i did a couple of test and they were light  positive but on the day a was supposed to get my period i started spotting light pink and the next day it turn into a full blown period i did another test and it was still light positive and was hoping u could give me some advice oh and this started on the 21 and now it come and goes please help

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129997.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129998.jpg

• Apparently light bleeding is normal even though it scared the shit out.  I had light bleeding for a month.  It was far from a full period but enough to rack my nerves for weeks.  it has since stopped.  I have my first appt tomorrow. 

I would say as long as the is bleeding is much lighter than what is normal for your period then it is probably ok.  If the bleeding is getting increasingly worse or is accompanied by cramps then you should be worried. 

• Thank you ChasesMum. That has made me feel a lot better. I havent bled today so I'm hoping that's it now as I'm a nervous wreck!

I'm going to do another test tomorrow to be sure then get on to my Drs image

• Hi. Please somebody help me. I dabbled with preconception tablets in June and when we started trying. My period ended up being 6 days late and then I had the lightest period (mainly spotting) for 7 days. Completely out of the ordinary. Long story cut short. Took 7 pre conception tablets for a week 2 weeks before my wedding as apparently I was due on day before my wedding 28/08. I've ended up this time being 10 days late and it's almost been just spotting and its been on and off. Not even been bleeding 2 days. So what does it mean???? The not knowing is killing me! I took a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago today and it was negative. I've had a lot of pregnancy symptoms too. If it carries on like this I'll be seeing a doctor! 

• KLB29

The not knowing what's going on with your body is the worst part.  I've been taking first response preconception vitamins for about a month now as recommended by my OB because hubby and I plan on starting to try again in late November after a we return from a family vacation to the carribean. The only side effect that I have from the vitamins is feeling more hormonal and a surge in sec drive more than usual around ovulation do not sure the pills should be causing unusual bleeding but when in doubt just ask your doctor it will at least calm fears and expectations.   I'll be praying for you!

• is it possible I could be still be pregnant after bleeding 

I got positive and two days later exactly on my period date I got ma periods. It's bleeding now for two days how do I know it's the mensis or pregnancy bleeding 

• normally pregnancy bleeding is faint or spots. I had a positive test then the same day I had a light bleed, this went on and off for 5 days then I had two days solid of heavy bleeding (it was a chemical pregnancy) 5 days after the last day of bleeding it was a negative test. :( 

im now on tender hooks again as Im 2 days late for my period. I don't want to test ffor at least a month as I don't want the same to happen and get my hopes up x x 

• I need help on the 18th my period was due I'm currently on Clomid just finished my 4th round of 50g my period never came I took a first response it came back positive I was to excited that I went and got a clear blue digital but it came back negative so I left it till Monday 21st to take another that again was negative my periods are regular every month dead on 28 days. I usually get severe cramps before and during my periods but still nothing came I woke up Wednesday 4 days late my period was on this day with 23rd with bad cramps and heavy Bleading but my family keeps telling me it's impossible to get a false positive I can't get I'm my docs as they useless I don't no what's going on the postive first response was a clear line 

• Need good luck in my life

That really sucks! And not knowing/ understanding what's going on with your body is like the worst part. I don't know much about Clomid or that process, but could that be effecting your cycle or a false positive? I hope your feeling better good luck!

• I just took a pregnancy test earlier it showed positive then I started bleeding its light stops then I bleed like it a period like I'm not cramping or anything I'm scared I want this baby so bad I prayed for this 

• I have had 4 positive tests yesterday

today but I have started to bleed. Yesterday I had dark shredded blood but today is lighter. No clotting just blood when wiping. WIpe once and blood but then nothing there. Been to the doctors and told waiting game. Terrified as trying for 6 years.

feel really achy and tired.

worried and impatient!!!

• meant to say 2 tests yesterday and 2 today

• hi ladies i am bleeding but i had a positive test i don't understand 

• unfortunately i had a miscarriage.  i had clots and that was the miscarriage.  spent 3 nights in hospital due to the cramps.  hope everyone else okay.  

• Hi Ladies,

I hope all of you are remaining hopeful! Good luck to all of you who have been seeking and sharing in the chats over the past few months.

Update on my situation: I am currently 17 weeks pregnant and Eagerly waiting to find out if I'm carrying a boy or girl!

I wish you all continued determination and blessings. HAPPY BABY MAKING!