Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

bleeding after positive pregnancy test?

Replies

• Hi i had 2 faint line pregnancy tests then around the 20th of the month around the time my period was due i had a bleed for a week i thought after i would do another test and they come back the same 2 faint lines positive im confused am i pregnant or not ?? 

• hi to everyone in here . for those who dont know if they are still pregnant after a positive pt and bleeding , im afraid that it is most properly a mc , i had the same , it was 2 weeks before christmas i found out i was pregnant with my first child (so happy ) but i started bleeding and pt still came back positive. it got heavier and camping at the same time, only to find out i had a mc , was upsetting as i really do want to be pregnant , due to the fact doctors and etc telling me i couldnt get pregnant as i have pcos 

• Hi ladies I am new here and I have been TTC for about 8 months I don't have any children nor have I been pregnant before my period was always so messed up I never knew when it was coming and at times it wouldnt stop for months or wouldn't come for months it's just in the last year I lost weight and it's gotten more normal it comes every month its still a day or two off now and then, my last one ended on March 9th and when April 13th rolled around and it hadn't showed up I took a test and it showed a very faint line on positive so I took three more on i got the same result and I've had symptoms, nausea backache I'm a smoker and I quit I couldn't stand the taste or smell of them and all soft drinks taste flat and I've had dizzy spells anyway on the 14th I woke up with some bleeding and I called my doctor and she sent me for an hcg blood test which she said came back zero my question is has any of you had anything similar happen I'm so confused is it possible that I'm pregnant and it's too early to tell and the bleeding stopped yesterday it started out heavy with some mild cramping the first day it wasnt as heavy the second day no cramping and yesterday it was just a small brownish bit of spotting and last night I had some pain in my left side like the kind when you are ovulating, I have to go for another blood test today but would love some insight and advice from anyone else going through this.

• Same thing for me right now I'm so scared! Did you cramp too? Because I have heavy bleeding and cramping

• I'm actually going through the same thing I took one digital and it came out positive and 3 more and all were positive and one night I had felt a pain in my lower back and I took tylenol slept it off and In the morning i thought I was spotting ? Them later I was still bleeding so I went to the Er sat there for atleast 5 hours and seen no doctor. I scheduled a appointment the next day and they took me a pregnancy test there and negative and they drew out my blood and I get my results in three days ... this is driving me crazy !! I don't know what's going on 

• I had some mild cramping and heavy bleeding the first day it only lasted 3 days all blood work came back negative its so frustrating just waiting for that positive result

• I feel for you!! I got a few light positives about two days ago, I'm a week late. However I woke up today bleeding with all colors of the menstruation spectrum. I do have cramps though so our should stay positive and assume it's ok, I'm worried its  miscarriage or worse, ectopic! Call your doctor but remember some bleeding is normal 

• Hey just wondering if anyone has ever had a 2 day period then brown spotting afterwards, the day before I done a test and had a faint line on a FR, then came on the 2 day "period" no clots .. After it finished I done another test the other day came up with a very faint line, then done one the next day and said negative which was clear blue ..
    I was on anti biotics a few weeks ago, can it be that messing with my period? 
    Now I have mild back and stomach systems like I'm going to come on my period and I'm constipated ... I'm sooo confused.. Is this a chemical pregnancy? 

I feel like I'm pregnant again

• Hey just wondering if anyone has ever had a 2 day period then brown spotting afterwards, the day before I done a test and had a faint line on a FR, then came on the 2 day "period" no clots .. After it finished I done another test the other day came up with a very faint line, then done one the next day and said negative which was clear blue ..
    I was on anti biotics a few weeks ago, can it be that messing with my period? 
    Now I have mild back and stomach symtoms like I'm going to come on my period and I'm constipated ... I'm sooo confused.. Is this a chemical pregnancy? 

I feel like I'm pregnant again

• Nattan

Its so difficult to say... back in 8/15 when i had my chemical pregnancy or extremely early miscarriage (hard for my ob to tell so early on) i had a few days of faint line positives.  My ob advised me not to trust faint lines because it usually means something is wrong and pregnancy wont stick.   I was devestated because i had read on so many forums about women starting of with faint lines and in days grtting darker and then having successfull pregnancies. However the next time i took a test was 12/15 and i was barely 4 weeks along and long behold the line was dark and quick to appear. Im now on hospital bed rest trying to cook my twin boys for 3 more weeks. So my conclusion is that all circumstances are different but for me i know i wont ever trust another faint line.  Best of luck! 

• Thank you for your reply I'm great full .. Xxxx

• Hi guys i need advice my period was delayed for 8 days i took a test and got this result is it pos or neg? 5 hours after i had a mild pain and started to bleed can someone help?image

• Im on implant too

I do see a very faint positive which can be deceiving and as ive stated before because of past experience i dont trust faint lines. However a visit to the gyn/ob is the for sure way to know.. also how much bleeding? And for how long? Could be a good indicator as well.  Good Luck!

• HI im in a similar situation, last monday my partner brought me a first response pregnancy test! It shiwn a very faint positive i was over a week late abd had all the syptoms. Then four days later on friday i experienced light pink spotting, then friday the bleed got a little heavier but no pain 2hatsoever! I was admitted to.a&e for a blood tedt as i have low hcg protien and the test they did was neg! Insted of having the blood test i rushed hime expecting the worst. I then noticed a few black clots still no pain then sunday mornin my light pink bleed had vanished? Could i still b pregnant? Im do confused anybody carrief through to have a healthy pregnancy and experienced the same symptoms as myself :( x

• Hello all.

I am just so heartbroken right now. I ovulated on the 5th this month (I use ovulation tests. We've been ttc since january) On the 17th, I took two hpt. They said I was pregnant. The lines weren't as dark as the test line, but they were definitely there. I was supposed to get my period on the 21st. I took another test on the 21st. Same thing. I had been getting cramps all week almost like my period was gearing up so I was worried. I took a clearblue digital test too. Also said I was pregnant. On the 22nd I had some spotting. I was trying not to freak out since it seems a lot of people have spotting. Then today, the 23rd, my birthday... I woke up and my party liner was full of blood. I was so devastated. This is the closest my husband and I have gotten. I don't know what to do. I keep crying. I'm not sure how to deal with this. My cramps were so bad this morning and I had a bunch of clots. I'm bleeding like the start of my period. My husband has been cheering me up a bit but there's no one I can really talk to that had gone through this before. Can someone tell me how they've gotten through this? I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. I was hoping so much that I'd be able to ask for a blood test then but now... I don't know how to deal with this. My heart hurts so much.

• hi I need some advice as really worried as my nan overseas and my mum passed away 10 years ago so really got nobody female to turn to as I have only my fiancée which been together for 4 years and half,as don't want to worry him as I got a positive pregnancy test as I got it yesterday as my periods didn't come on the 20th of each month last month was due as was late  so I decided to wait till at least till end of or mid week this week so Tuesday or Monday I brought pregnancy test,weird as I should now as ive got a 18 yr old,i had my daughter very young thou,im 35 got a positive result this morning got up bleeding very lightly n now says negative but I'm still feel sick my boobs escuse my laungage are sore and  my bleeding is really light like pink does it mean I had a miscarriage as we been trying for 2 yrs as I had my tubes untied when I was 26 but they said my ex cldnt have babies but I'm ok he worried my fiancée as had chickenpocks in his 20s at the hospital?i feel like vomit all day for weeks if any advice u can help please let me know.or can I have a chance or I'm having miscarriage as no pain or cramps?

• My last period was july 28th. i was having sympotms so i took a test on the 22nd came back positive. Weds i had some brown discharge so i went to the er and they done a test and ultrasound. my hcg level was 133. i done another test fri sept 2nd and it was positive. i got up this morning to go to the bathroom and i have bright red bleeding and clots. Anyone with positive stories? i have had 4 miscarraiges and it has took us a yr after my last one to get pregnant. im just upset 

• Hello I need help I've never been pregnant before but my cycles has always moved around my cycles always come after my sisters though both were late about 1 week but eventually came went through its course then left mine in the other hand came 5 days after theirs stopped. The night before I started I took 1 test my urine was forced and not much at all the test was negative then early that next morning I took another test that one was a faded positive. My partner and I started having intercourse but was interrupted by redish pinkish color on him the next morning full on dark colored flowing bleeding. Please help me am I pregnant?

• I'm experiencing the same thing. AF due on April 27 took pregnancy test on May 2 and May 3 that came back positive had dark brown spotting a day later now it's red/brown when I wipe and a little is on the pad. Breast aren't tender, I do feel tired, no cramping or back pain. Don't feel nauseated but kind of blah. I called the doctor who said if I'm not experiencing cramping, sharp pains and bleeding at the same time, to not worry and just wait. My first appointment is June 1 and I'm driving myself nuts wondering if I'm still pregnant.