Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Period or another miscarriage??

Hi, Im in much need of some advice/help/anything really!!

I miscarried at 6.5 weeks at the beginning of April this year, it was my first pregnancy and my hubby and I were TTC. We were told we could try again once the bleeding had stopped, a few weeks ago we did a test and got a negative result so we began TTC again.

I took a pregnancy clearblue test on Tue of this week and was delighted to see a pregnant 1-2 wks, however that evening i began with light period-pain like cramping which continued yesterday accompanied by bleeding. It does feel like a period, but then why the positive test?? Im devastated that i could be miscarrying again. Im 27 and healthy and we seem to be catching quickly we just don't seem to be keeping them.

Thanks for reading, any words of wisdom will be greatly received!!

xxxximage

Replies

• you may have had a chemical pregnancy chick, try testing again in a few days, hope all goes will for you image xx

• Thanks 4 replying. I've jst googled a chemical pregnancy and it does sound like it could be. I went to the dr today who just said that it could be that i didnt ovulate properly after my last miscarriage and it just came straight out of me again, or that it is in fact my period and the positive test was just so sensitive it picked up on the remaining hormones floating around. Either way, i don't think im pregnant now.

Fingers crossed it wont be too long before we are tho!

Thanx for the reply xxxx

• i had a miscarriage recently 4 weeks ago, my period still hasnt arrived and had neg test a few days ago, but dunno if im testing too early! i had brown spotting yesterday just a bit in my underwear! would love to be pregnant straight away, but trying not to get my hopes up lol xx

• Ahh im sure that it wont take you long. Were you also told that it was ok to try again once the bleeding had stopped from your miscarriage, or advised to wait at least 1 period? Ive heard mixed responses, but the dr said yesterday that there is no reason to wait for a period unless you are not emotionally ready, so im hoping that's the case. I really hope that i havent miscarried for the 2nd time, it is so awful to go through it once but to have them repeatedly would be unbearable.

Let's hope that we are both pregnant soon and we have healthy happy pregnancies!!

You may just be testing too early for yours, keep doing the deed and keep those fingers crossed!! The tests are just too addictive!!

Good Luck xxxx 

• So sorry to hear about your miscarriage! I'm in the exact same situation at the moment! I had a miscarriage at the beginining of march and had hormones tested which were all clear! I done a test last week and it was positive but I got my period a few days later! Pretty sure mine is a period! Hope your okay! Sorry I haven't got any advice or anything! Hope you get a BFP soon! Xx
  • Hi, Im sorry for your loss image I just wanted to share my experience, on 30th May 2009 I had a MMC at my 12 week scan and then miscarried that weekend.. once the bleeding from my miscarriage stopped we started trying straight away and by the end of June I was pregnant again and he was a sticky bean. I now have a 15 month old baby boy.. I just wanted to share to give you hope. xxx

• Thanks proudmummy, it is nice to hear of someone else being in the same situation. Mine does seem so much like a period, im hoping that that is the case and that ive not miscarried again.

Im keeping everything crossed that we get a sticky bean next time + of course the same for you!

H2TAandbeanie thank you for your kind words of hope, i really hope i can be sharing my story of positivie and good news after something so terrible and unfair very soon. Thank you for sharing it really means a lot.

XXX