Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Should I go to the docs?

Hi all,

I was hoping somone might be able to give me some advice about irregular cycles. I stopped taking the pill on 28 December and have only had 2 periods since then. My cycles have been 72 days and 48 days. I've been using OPKs and am currently on cd34 and no sign of ov. As it's been nearly 6 months and still no regular ov/af I was wondering whether I ought to speak to the doc about it. Does anyone have any experience of going to the doc for this? I don't want to waste the docs time if they're just going to tell me to wait.

Sending lots of baby dust to you all x

Replies

• Options
    Hello,

I've had the same issue, no AF since last pill in December.

It's probably nothing, but best to check to stop uncertainty, doc might do bloods etc to check hormones. I've got PCOS (diagnosed back in nov 2007) so have been referred back to fertility clinic as took clomid last time to kick start ovulation and got my bfp on 2nd cycle.

Hope this helps, good luck! X
  • Options
    Hi. I have always suffered irregular periods, so have a long history. I was fortunate to fall 6 weeks after coming off the pill with #1, but took 9 months for #2 and my doctor sent me for blood tests and a scan. Fortunately I fell that same month. I have recently found out I'm now expecting #3, but my gp had already offered to refer me to an ob for clomid to regulate my cycles after my cycles were continuing to be so irregular and I have such a history. My cycles can vary anything from 38-56 days, so this time, when tcc#3 I decided to try agnus castus. I was amazed with the results. I took it for 2 months before I got my bfp and had cycles of 31 and 32 days. I would def recommend it. If you have a doctor you think would be sympathetic, then I would def go see them, but they may tell you to wait a bit longer. In the mean time I would def recommend trying the agnus castus. Hope your cycles improve soon. I know how frustrating it is! image x

Sorry this is a bit rambling, hope it makes sense! image x
  • Options

Thank you for your replies. It's nice to 'talk' to others who understand the frustration. We moved house about 3 years ago and have never actually been to my doctors so I have no idea what they are like. If we're not successful this time round I'll try the agnus castus and make an appointment I think.

JPC4- You're right about the uncertainty. Hope you get your BFP soon.

Sah83- Congratulations on your BFP. It's so nice to hear a success story. Thanks for your advice.

x

• Options
    Hi little momma I know how you're feeling too. When I ttc my first baby I came off the pill, first cycle was no ov about 50 days, second cycle 122 days with an eventual ov, third cycle Ovd cd 22 and got bfp! I did go to my doctor during the crazy cycle and he basically said it can take a while after coming off the pill to regulate hormones and come back if I still hadn't got a bfp after a year image

I think I'm one of those people who it takes a while for. After I stopped breastfeeding theo it took 3 months before Af and then a while to get regular. I stopped breastfeeding Owen at the beginning of February, had one Af end of April and nothing since. It's very frustrating!!