Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Day 3 blood work?!

Hey everyone,

We have got the ball rolling regarding fertility. I had my day 3 bloods done last weds and I called this morning for the results. I have had the thyroid and blood count results back and they are great : ) she was really happy with blood count esp being a vegetarian.

So I think from what I have googled I am waiting for LH, FSH, Estradiol and Prolactin? Well I spoke to the receptionist and she said 'ahhh well they are normal but there is just one... that I am not saying is not normal but... there is no comment next to it, I will get her to give you a call??? So now I am sat by the phone!

Any tips or advice would be lovely as I am a little worried to be honest and been left hanging!

Jo x

Replies

• Options
    Didnt want to read n run joey , afraid i have no experience of this but hope u get some answers soon x
  • Options

Hi Joey, did you find out what the issue was with your blood tests? I am in a similar situation, I think we have been trying for the same amount of time (since Oct 11)? I have also had some blood tests done last week, the same as you I think apart from not progesterone as my cycles have been really irregular so doing the day 21 bloods becomes difficult as I never know when my period is 7 days away! I rang the docs and the receptionist told me that my serum oestrodiol levels are low but the doc has been off sick and unable to ring me to explain what that means! I have an appt next Thurs so hope she's back by then to discuss it. I also had a scan today as she was worried about pcos as I am irregular and have other symptoms but it was all clear which was a relief image \Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. Hope you find out soon, let me know how you get on xx

• Options

Hi ck2011

Yeah it has been the same amount of time! it feels long doesnt it? could have had a baby by now! How have you been feeling? I have up and down times about it really. Sorry to hear that you cant speak to your gp for a while. I was googling my results when I got mine back. Do you know what your low oestodiol means?

My lh and fsh were within normal range which I am very happy about, just waiting to find out what my day 21 bloods reveal? Thank you so much for your support and all the best for you too.

xx

• Options

Glad your blood tests were ok. Yeah feels like ages, getting pretty down about it to be honest and am driving DH mad, just can't switch off from it and it feels like everyone I know is having babies or announcing they're pregnant! I've googled low oestradiol levels and its basically low oestrogen levels, if they're really low it can be early menopause but I have no idea how 'low' my levels are until I speak to GP. Seems to be a cause of infertility as you can't stimulate the egg to be released, which would make sense as my cycles are irregular and I don't always think I ovulate. I did have an early mc in Feb so know I can conceive but the low oestrogen levels might explain why it didn't stickimage. I have no idea if hormone treatment can help, I don't want to worry about it too much until I know how off normal my results are.

Fingers crossed it will be our time soon. Baby dust xxx

• Options

Hey ladies, my GP is sending me for some blood tests and says to have cd1 to 5 but I'm not sure which day I should have the test done or if it matters at all?

xxx

• Options
    Day one is your first day of bleeding, mine was day 4 by the time I could book in. Hope that helps x
  • Options

Yeah I got that was just confused on what day I should actualy test as my GP offer a walkin blood test service so I can go any day but I wondered if it mattered what day you had the test on for those first 5days image