Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

OPK as a HPT?

I'm 11 DPO and am reading some conflicting articles about getting a positive result from an OPK. AF is due tomorrow and I have no HPT's left (due to my incessant POAS!) I decided to pee on an OPK and there are 2 lines. I'm not getting remotely excited yet as I wouldn't believe it until I see the word PREGNANT but just wondered if anyone had got a positive OPK then gone on to get a BFP. Thanks xx

Replies

• I've got a bfp then tested with an opk (as you do) and got a positive. The proteins are similar so it's possible to get a +ve with an opk if pregnant, but not a poditive hpt if due to ov
  • Thanks .scottie. So there's hope for me yet! Were the lines on the OPK the same colour or was the test line lighter? (if you remember) thanks again xx
  • I was probably 5 or 6 weeks, so not early testing (and I cant remember the strength of the test line)

• i had this when pregnant, i still had some opks left (the ones that show a smiley face) and i  had heard they come up positive when pregnant. so i tried it, sure enough, all smiley! Sounds promising! x

• Thanks for your replies. I tested this morning with FMU on a clearblue digital and got a BFN. AF is due either yesterday or today but no show as of yet. I've had a kind of stitch in my side since lastnight but no other symptoms other than mega sore bbs which just may be the witch travelling down my tubes! I have another test left and am debating whether to use tomorrow or leave it until Thursday in the hope AF doesn't show up?!?! xTx