Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

can't decide what to do now!!

Hi ladies, been ttc for 9 months and it hit me hard when af showed at the weekend because I allowed myself to think positive and thought we'd cracked it this month!!

off to docs for some advice as feel I was fobbed off last time but can't decide whether to get to grips with it this month, ie, temping, opk's,try concieve plus, dtd every other day then every day during ewcm or totally scrap even thinking about what cd I'm on and go with the flo and just let mother nature take over???!!!image

Replies

• Options

Hi Carioke,

So empathise with this post its onto ttc month 10 for us, and we have got to the point where we feel like all these tools and techniques are not helping. Gonna give trying to not try a go! not 'trying' felt like a wasted opportunity but tbh not had any luck 'trying' our best lol! I just want our old sex life back! I know when the mid ish point of my cycle is so will just make ; ) time for eachother then! and fc, considering reflexology but more for stress than anything. Not sure if that helps but wishing you all the best x

• Options

Hi Hon

I really feel for you. It's very difficult to know what to do. My first pregnancy ended in MC. It made me rethink everything and I gave up my job and retrained. I signed up on a 9 month college course and was so excited and so pre-occupied getting ready for the course that it came as quite a shock (good shock tho!!) to find myself pregnant just after starting the course! We hadn't been 'trying'. I managed to complete the course so ended up with a baby and a new career!!

It took me 9 months to conceive the next time because I was underweight. I'd had some stress in my life & had lost weight, as soon as I got up to my usual weight I got pregnant.

I really wish you every luck with this. Sorry I can't really give you an answer. Keeping my FC & hoping to bump into you around this forum! X 

• Options

Totally know where you are cominf from hun, this is month 9 for us and on cd1 i was in the same position, and still am to an extent!We have decided to dtd every other day and more if we feel like it , not stress if we miss a day, take folic acid, try to eat healthily and exercise a bit and ive just bought the cheapie opks but not decided if im going to bother or not yet, hope this helps

XXX

• Options

hi ladies, thanks for thr reply's. just got back from docs and she thinks I'm just thinking about it all too much and getting stressed! her advice was to go home and relax so I am!!xx

• Options
    Well I was letting mother nature take it's course and so far so good, we haven't let it take over our lives and our sex life is the same as it's always been. This month we gave the opk's a go just because we are on month 7 and no luck yet, turns out my ov date was later than what I was thinking so im hoping we got it this month
  • Options

good luck ladies, here's to a month of bd'ing but no stress!!image

xx

• Options
    good luck carioke. i was wondering the same. ive decided to use opks this month because they helped last time i fell pregnant. i think its more stressful not knowing when you're ovulating as you feel under pressure to bnd e dtd for days and days in a row. saying that though Im making sure we don't just limit sex on to these days so that its not just about baby making. fingers crossed its your month x