Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

BFP! Friday 13th lucky for some

imageHope it's ok to say it here as know how some of you at are at different stages but I just really feel like talking about it .

I just tested again this morning on day 40 and got my BFP!!imageimageThe line wasn't as strong as when I got my bfp last year but it was most definitely a line fairly pink but not as strong as test line. Did due date calculator and it says I should be about 5 weeks due around 13th march 2013.

Feel bit of drama queen now for feeling so fed up but I guess that what it's like in this game , the highs and lows!

I 'm so happy but also really scared and trying not to get ahead of myself also I ve only done one test so not even sure I should be sharing. But a line is a line right ? God I really hope this is a sticky bean only just feeling a more stable since last pregnancy. Really trying to tell myself this is different pregnancy and just because I lost first time doesn't mean I will again. But I guess I should take it one day and a time . maybe test again with digital after weekend and maybe again end of next week and then go see a dr. The lady at hospital did say I could have early scan when next pregnant, I hope that still stands.

I’m worrying now though, I had been jogging. Should I stop? Also I don't want to tell any close family or friends until I've seen heart beat but that will be hard. My best friends will be after sussing me out. It’s going to be hard to keep quiet.

But I do feel so happy and I really hope that I am defiantly pregnant and all will be well. Hubby was born Friday 13th and we met Friday 13th . Really hope it's a lucky sign for us.

Hope you are all doing ok xx

Replies

• Oh Mrsdaisy, congratluations!!  I really hope Friday 13th is lucky too as I just got my BFP as well (at 2am, to be precise -LOL).  I've been having really bad period pains but told myself if I made it today with no AF then I'd test.  So, when I woke up at 2 I thought "why not"!  It's taken 8 months to get here and I really hope this one is sticky.  I am really looking forward to hearing how you are doing. 

Good luck to everyone else.

xx

• Wow congratulations!  don't feel like a drama queen thats exactly what happened to me I was feeling at my fworst and was going to give up ttc when I got my bfp!  Friday 13th is very lucky for you .  try not to worry too much and relax.  Wishing you a happy healthy 9 months xxx

• Wow congratulations smiley cat that's great.glad Friday 13th bringing us good news..hope you feeling ok ? When are you going to go to doctor? How many tests have you done ? I m worries I be hot it wrong but I be taken so many tests usually when negative there is no line . Tested negative on day 30 and thought it was over but it must must have been to early to pick it up.fingers crossed.

Thank you poppy that makes me feel better knowing that it is so hard as you are just waiting and waiting for that news. Hope all is ok trying not to be to anxious but the awful dream I just had must be my fears of losing baby. Hope I don't lose to much sleep ,already tired.

How are you doing in your pregnancy ?
  • Smiley cat congratualtions to you also I hadn't read your post! wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy!

Mrs Daisy, Im fine thank you touch wood, Ive had a fairly easy pregnancy so far, just really really tired!  I did worry a lot at the beginning and you never really stop worrying throughout but just try to stay positive if you can.  I had hardly any symptoms at the beginning so that made me worry, but once Id had the 12 week scan and told people lots of people said they didn't have symptoms either so don't worry if you don't!   good luck xxx

• Thak you Poppy hearing things like that does help. can't wait til confirmed at doctors and I find out if I can have early scan. Must have only concived just over 3 weeks ago. Mad as last time I concieved I was on holiday. If it is true, I must only be able to get pregnant out of Britain lol

Glad you are having a godo pregnancy. When are you due ? x

• Hello Mrsdaisy!  I am terrified it will all go wrong again, though strangely positive about this one too for some reason.  Not sure why.  The next month will be tough as the little one I lost would have been due Aug.  I'm too scared to go to doctors yet and know that around here the midwife won't see you until 8 weeks at the earliest (doctors don't see you either).  Didn't get to registering the last one at the doctors either.  I'm really tired too, but not really any other symptoms.  Just did one test so far, but they are pretty accurate.  Tempted to do a digital one in a week or so... but its quite expensive (will probably cave though). 

Poppy, so glad things are going well, and thanks for your post! xx

• aw hun we would have had our angel baby in may. I was dreading that day but think the lead up was worse than the day. We realeased a sky lantern that night and I know it sounds silly to some but I wrote two notes to send up one peom to say goodbye and one wish for a baby next year.

Guess wishes can come true. 

But the lantern really helped me to say goodbye and it was a beautiful moment as it floated up and flickered out of sight.

. I get your fear, I'm so scared to get my hopes up. But i want to beleive and stay positive. last time I wanted to buy baby something but there was nothing neutrel and approperiate. I told my mum 'god what if it's a bad sign' and it was. So this time I 'm going to buy something and only think positive. I was scared I would lose baby last time as two of our friends had just lost their's and then we did.

We'll all have to support each other and keep positive. Mind I did another test this morning and got a much darker line. I'm pretty sure two tests can't be wrong.

Think I'll be getting digital one in week too image

• Mrsdaisy, how are you doing?  Saw your other post about the job.  Go for it (and don't tell them)!  Good luck.

Thank you for telling me about how you said goodbye.  Sounds really lovely, and I hope your wish does come true now. 

Well, I caved and got a digital test.  It said 2-3 weeks, so I'm really pleased.  I was beginning to think I'd imagined the whole thing.  Might do another in a week or so.  Not feeling much at the moment, just really tired.  What about you? 

I was told after my mc to call EPU if I ever got pregnant again.  Now I'm too scared.  How ridiculous is that?  Are you going to join a due in forum?  Again, not sure I'm brave enough yet. 

xxx

• Thanks smiley cat think I will say yes if they want me.

Great about digital test, will you be joining a due forum ?

I am to scared yet , going to wait bit longer to join in properly. I have rang doctors and they said to put name in midwife book , but I am worried about that too. As I was a little anoyed with support of mid wife when I found out my baby had died . was like they wrote you off and said well you just have to choose now and get it over with. But the epu were amazing so I still like that hospital .

Doctor is faxing an apt for me . But even if hear heart beat at eight weeks my baby died at 9 so it won't be til I have heard that heart beat at 12 weeks that I am little bit more confident.Guess we just have to take it one day at a time . celebrate happy news today and not worry about feeling anything else. Though so hard not telling friends or family . keep seeing who else is just keeping it quiet but for most keeping quiet means telling family and best friends . Whereas we have decided to tell no one until we are bit more confident .

let me know if you do phone, you can do it . Positive thoughts , our babies are strong and healthy . I am going daft image

• imagejust got offered job accepted but have two options now . And do have to consider what would happen if all goes well in pregnancy.

option 1 : 3 days week . one to one with girl in wheel chair . I know through friend this girl is around size 20 as I told her I do have weak back ( which is partly true ) and wasn't sure about personal care and lifting. But it would mean when I tell employer i am pregnant less distruption when  going for hosp apts scan etc as can book it on days off. woried about lifting when pregnant though ??? have to research it now

option 2: 4 days week ( possible 5 ) if pupils stays on to do duke of edinborough . Which would mean hike out in countryside. But I surely could do that well least up until nearly due ?? No lifting but no free days for scan . Employer may be annoyed if I take time off when I am one to one. But more money to save too

This work is for a year but have feeling when I tell her she may bump me off at xmas so I may only end up working with them for one term and would not be that pregnant . then again if I work hard and show I am good worker and this was just bad timing she may invite me bac for year after . who knows ??

This all depends on my pregnancy being successful which I hope it is. May tell her mid sept say I am 10 weeks ( white lie ) and that I didn't say earlier as i lost baby last year so i may not fo needed to tell her . Any advice on which job best to take in my cirumstances .

• Ooo, congratluations! image

Only you can decide, but I would guess that hikes in the countryside would be much better if pregnant than heavy lifting (though you'd need to find out how much of that would be involved!).  I was very active up to the end when I had DS (now 15 months), but not everyone is that lucky.  You don't have to tell anyone until you want to.  You are allowed time off for appointments etc. if necessary.  I suffered bullying from my work when they found out last time (I was 13 weeks) about not telling them before, but legally you don't need to say anything until 25 weeks I think!  Decide what is best for you and stick to it.  Well done and let me know what you decide.  xxx 

• Thanks smileycatimage

I chose option 2 with the maybe hiking. I'm usually really active and go running, play netball and zumba etc but bit scared til I hear heart best now as don't want to over do anything. been thinking about when i woudl tell them would def wait til after 12 weeks but i may tell them I'm 2 weeks less than I am. As i found out my contract month to month so I reckon once they know they will fine reason to get rid of me. But long as I do really good job and get on with student. I can't see what reasons they would have ? maybe they will let me stay til end of feb but we'll see to far away to think about yet.And guess they will just have to let me have time for scans etc   

When I do tell them I will explain my past and hope they understand why I had waited so long 

So you have a son is that right DS?Aww how old is he ? 

Sorry you had bad time with employer they want women to work but some still treat women unfairly when they fall pregnant! not fair !! 

• ooh I have just gone gold . Must be spending to much time on here image

• Mrsdaisy, how's it going?  Hope all is well.

I still haven't phoned EPAU, but have booking in appointment tomorrow!!  On the downside, my blood sugars are all over the place (I had gestational diabetes last time) and so will likely end up at the diabetic antenatal clinic Friday too.  I just hope everything is going OK.  It's so scary waiting to find out if there is actually a baby there, and I have really no symptoms at all.  xx

• hey smileycat. I'm ok just counting sleeps until next scan. I 've had one scan and like you said was happy to see baby on screen. Had to have trans vaginal one, even though I had drank so much water and was in pain while waiting to go in!, but there was baby and heart beat was flickering. I was very happy but disappointed to hear I was only 7.2 weeks, I thought I was just over 8 weeks. My last baby stopped growing at 8 weeks so was gutted to have had scan to early. I just want to see this baby has grown beyond that and then will feel bit better. But trying so hard to stay posiitve. Wondering if they can get it wrong. My last period was 4th june seems weird that I would only be 8.1 weeks today!! But guess they know. 

I feel I'm having it fairly easy . don't feel tired tonight which worries me.But I have been very tired . slept a lot lately well husband thinks I have. Though he doesn't see me getting up at 3am and 6am to go to loo. Get bit of sicky feeling when first wake up and boobs bit sore but that;s about it. 

Hope your booking apt goes well and you never know you might not get in this pregnancy. I had to be consultant lead last time because my brother is diabetic.  keep me posted and let me know when scan is

. once I get to 12 weeks I will join due in march. Know I should be positive now and join though . are you on there ? 

• Hey mrsdaisy!  How are you?  I bit the bullet and joined DIM, so hope you join me soon.  Diabetes is getting worse, so that's not good.  On the bright side though had private scan at 8+5 and all was fine image.  Haven't got an appointment for 12 week scan yet.  10 weeks today... xx

• sorry smiley cat only just seen above post. Well done for joining I 'm not as brave , going to wait until after 12 /13 week scan . I had scan at 10.4 weeks though and all was good . thw baby was kicking away and the heart beat was flickering, was so happy and did feel so much better for seeing that. But we still sticking to our plan of keeping it from everyone until after that last of teh first trimester scan. I can't wait to join march thread though. Just found out two lots of friends due early march too , so mad they feel bad for us, little do they know image

I sorry to hear your diabetes is getting worse hope you find way of coping with it , I know idea. My brother has had insulation diabetes since he was 11 it must be so hard. But you sound like you have good attitude about it so I hope that will help you get better. So great yoru last scan went well, really pleased for you. Hope you get 12 week can soon. When are you due again ? Mine keeps changing so far it's 17th march . 

Hope to speak again soon x