Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Hoping for an October BFP!

Replies

• Hi apple,

Would love to be cycle buddies.

AF showed up for me on fri so I am CD3 today! Was feeling a bit down about it but hoping for an oct BFP!

I have been to Tesco's and some grapefruit juice, kiwi's, evening primrose oil and soya isoflavones. Hoping the soya tablets give me a big strong egg, never tried it before. If none of this works this month then I'm going to chuck it all and go for the total natural approach!!!

What CD are you on now?
  • P.S Froggy

My testing date should be 14 oct

• Hi Nessie. I am about cd 18 I think from my Erpc so no idea when af might show. Last time it was 36 days. Tell me more about the soy and when you should take it etc.

Regarding the testing dates list all you need to do is edit the original post and type in people's names and testing dates. Xx
  • If you google soy isolflavones you will get loads of info.

I've read up quite a bit and it seems like it's a natural clomid. These last couple of months my temps have not really shown a clear temp rise so decided to give it a go.

You take it for 5 days near the start of your cycle.

I am taking it cd 3-7

Taking it these days is supposed to Make eggs strong and mature and ovulation will be strong, sometimes more than one egg.

I read that taking it cd 4-8 means a very mature egg.

I feel that my miscarriages are from egg quality as I seem to start growing things fine but it slows down then stops! I thought it was worth a shot this month.

There are supposed to be some side effects such as hot flushes but hoping not to get them, as what I've read if they are taken at bedtime it minimizes them.

I saw a survey on babylcentre and it a lot of people got a BFP first cycle trying them.

Should be researched though as not supposed to take if you have pcos etc.

My cycles are only about 25 days so we will be roughly the same next cycle.

I'm feeling a bit sad about everything lately so will be good to have support from you and every one else on here again.

Xx
  • hi ladies,

well i am out of the ttc game at the moment, had an appointment with a consultant after my mmc at 16weeks, they did tests on me as i was classed as a 'late' miscarriage. anyway one of my bloods tested positive for an antibody that can cause clotting in pregnancy (resulting in mc). it is possible to get false positives for this so you have to wait until it has been 3 months since mc and have another test. if the next comes back positive i will have to inject myself daily and take aspirin for my next pg.

anyway this means that between now and oct 5th i cannot fall pg as it will affect the results image don't know what i am more frustrated about. consultant chose to tell me that baby was a girl, something i had chose not to know. so been feeling a little lost lately..

telling myself i only have to wait weeks not years, and that if the next test comes back positive it is treatable.. have heard a lot of stories of women who have had recurrent mc found out they have a clotting disorder in pg, had the treatment and then succesful pregnancies, so i am very grateful i had the test after just one mc.

anyway sorry to ramble haven't really spoken to anyone about all of this and feeling a bit rubbish! xxx

• Hi ladies, can i join please?  I am currently miscarrying at 8 weeks. baby didnt develop past 4 weeks. So far only had a couple small cramps and dark red/brown blood when i wipe... but only when I wipe. This has been going on since sunday night now. Because I was technically only 4 wks Im not sure how much im expecting to bleed?! I am going to do a hpt today to see if it comes back negative. We have decided not to wait for AF and since Ive had no real bleeding we have just been DTD as and when we feel like it. Hoping for Oct BFP!!!

Ironic... waiting for BFP all the time and now i want BFN so I can start trying ASAP!!!

Mrs Ash, really glad you know know what caused mc but totally understand the frustration.... Id be gutted if i was told to wait three months but try to stay positive. Now you know the reason you know its easily solved and perhaps a new year will mean a new baby for you guys? fingers crossed for you xx

x

• 4 dpo- period due about 6th october. going on holiday on the 10th so going to test on the 22nd if my period hasnt come. it has a habit of been a week late atm! grrr

Got a metalic taste in my mouth today- but not getting my hopes up image

• AF arrived today. I have mixed feelings. In some ways think first one after mc, get things back on track body has recovered, and I have my referral appt on the 11th. But then I have that little bit of disappointment you get every month because we did try straight after the mc, so I was still hopeful image Luck though that AF has arrived only 27 days after my mc bleeding began, so at least I didn't have a long wait. Time to move on and try again!
  • So HPT was still positive but very faint now. really just want to get all this over and done with so we can start again!!! I know that this might sound really selfish and heartless but I just want this so much!!!Like we all do!!! will check again at the weekend and hopefully it will be negative so we can move on and try again! x

• hi katybob, sorry to hear that image here is to hoping that you catch quickly and next one is a sticky bean.. i wouldn't know how much you would be expecting to bleed, i lost my baby at 16 weeks so had a very different situation but i know the bleeding can still be quite heavy at your stage..
    well i had the mmc in july so i only have to wait 3 weeks! so not as bad as it seems, i just feel like i have been waiting ages already, but in reality it has gone by so quickly and the range of emotions i have gone through has been crazy so i think i needed this time.
    well i have blood test on 5th october and should be due on around the 9th. can start ttc again then i just need to not be pregnant for this blood test which is why this month is out, which is frustrating as i think i am ov'ing now!

gemgems i can empathise my first one was horrible but felt a little positive that body was back to normal.. hope u dont mind me asking but is your referral for recurrent mc?

FC everyone ttc at the moment  x

• Yes it is mrsAsh. I thought I'd posted here, maybe it's in another thread...

When I had the mc they said at the hosp it would be at GP's discretion whether I got referral or not, as I had ds after my first mc, and the nhs only class it as recurrent mc if you have 3 consecutive. But my GP said he'd count 3 out of my 4 pregs as recurrent and would refer me if I wanted, which I obviously did! In some ways it's maybe for the best to wait and see what they say. It's just so frustrating. I'm lucky enough compared to a lot of others here to know that I can carry a full term healthy baby, but then it all went wrong again. At my low moments I think maybe ds is my one miracle and I should just give up and be happy with him, but I so want him to be a big bro. He really likes babies at the moment.
  • Gemgem, never let anyone (even you) feel like you should just settle with your one little man!!! You are not being unreasonable wanting to be a new mum again!!! Also the odds are that 1 in 4 pregnancies fail so by that rule next time is your lucky time!!! try to stay positive and dont be disheartened by AF, just means your body is ready to hold a little angel again!!! FC for you hon!!

MrsAsh, not long to wait now then, if anything these next few weeks will prob drag more than the last 2-3 months!!!! An once youve had your tests it will only be a couple weeks to go for the next cycle!! I know it doesnt help though after such a long wait but your time is coming and try to remember all these tests are better preparing you to have the best shot next time round!! Losing a baaby at 16 wks must be unbearable!! Thankfully I never saw my baby or a heartbeat which I think has helped me to stay positive about next time and look forward rather than back. Hopefully at the end of this waiting you will be in a better place emotionally and physically!!

Maybe we'll all get a lovely early christmas surprise?!

good luck to all xxx

• katybob is right gemgem you have every right to long for another baby, it is a different feeling for you too because not only do you want a baby for yourself you also want one for your little one to make them a sibling. and regardless of whether you have a child already or not miscarriages are heartbreaking in all circumstances x it is good that they are going to refer you though. they may choose to do the blood tests that i had on you too. x

i know i am fully expecting the next week to the blood test to drag and then the week after that to the actual results, but regardless of the result we are going to ttc asap, i am aware that i may need to inject daily etc but i will do it if it means keeping my baby growing and healthy.

would be lovely if we could all have our bfps by christmas image think we all deserve some happyness and its a nice thought to have a glimmer of hope at christmas time x x good luck girls x

• So today i have been mostly shifting furniture around in the hope that it might help my abdomen to contract and help my uterus expell anything that might still be there?!! We are having a new bed delivered so moved ours to the spare room!! How is everyone else getting on?? Xx
  • hi katybob! have you started a proper bleed yet? must be horrid waiting around for it especially when you are waiting to try again and move forward etc..

i am off work because i felt SO sick last night and this morning, did a clear blue ovulation stick this morning as i am trying to figure out where in my cycle i ovulate, and got a smiley face image so around CD16 this month. very strange knowing i am ovulating but we shouldn't really ttc. x x

• Hi Mrs Ash, No real 'proper' bleed but for the first time ive had a little 'blob' on the pad today which i havent had before... normally only when I wipe but still dark red/brown colour sorry for TMI!! You dont think you could be pregnant feeling that sick?? sometimes an ovulation test can be positive for HCG aswel??!!! what would happen if you were prenant? would they just start you on aspirin in the hope that that would work?? Yeah, the longer I wait the more I just wanna get ERPC and have it over with but gotta go back to work on monday so not even sure when Id be able to get it done?!!

• I have come on AF! I'm soooo upset, just feel lousy
  • ahh hopefully it is on its way then katybob and no need for ERPC, have you spoken with your GP just incase you do have to go ahead for one? x

well we havent really dtd much, obviously stopped after appt with consultant, i spoke with my friend at work (nurse) she said that it isn't a hormonal blood test i'm having so apparently being pg makes no diff to the result of the bt, its more high bp and stressful situation that makes the diference. would just mean if blood test is positive ill need a quicker referral to heamatology consultant for injections etc think they like to start you at about 6wks.. im not due on until around the 11th when i should have blood results anyway though.. i did think it was a bug but no one else seems to have caught it! image who knows!

oh mylittleangel try not to be too upset, i know its easier said than done but means your body is getting into it's cycles again, will also make it much easier for you to judge ovulation etc for this month. i know how crap it is though so big hugs x x 

• Thanks mrsash, just didn't want to see another AF image

Sorry not been keeping up that much- do you think you might be pregnant? X
  • i know i was hoping at the back of my mind that i wouldn't come on on holiday but after struggling a little over the last few months i think i did need a little more time. get this af out of the way and crack on hun image x

not sure to be honest, there is the possibility as we have dtd this month but i'm still over a week until af due so doubt sickness is linked to that? just trying to stay chilled about it all and get this blood test out the way for now x