Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC longer than a year??

hey there, my hubby & i have been trying to conceive for over a year and a half still no luck. i found out in June of 2011 that i have a cyst on both ovaries, the doctor's said we should still be able to get pregnant but we're having no luck...everytime i try to discuss this with my doctor he repeats what he has already told me. My periods are about 24 days apart im almost 95% on time every month give ir take day early or a day late. someone help me before i cry image

Replies

• I'm so sorry you are going through this, we are currently on month 15 of ttc and month 4 of clomid. We conceived our dd within 4 months but have been referred to the fertility clinic this time around. Have you both been sent for tests or is just yourself that has been checked? I would go back to the dr and ask to be referred to the fertilty clinic. Sorry I can't be of better help xxx
  • i only found out bout due serve pains. the hubby had one child prior to getting together same as myself. my son id front a previous relationship. fertility costs lot and sadly can not afford it. imagegood suck on baby
  • luck** sorry cell phone.
  • Hi, I can really sympathise. Been ttc 21 months now, I've had every test I could get the Nhs to do, but as I have a 9 year old from a previous relationship I am entitled to no more! So the looming costs of iui/ivf await us. We can't afford to do this for a while so just praying in happens naturally in the meantime.

The nhs should still be treat the cysts, it's worth pushing this. Like you said they were causing you pain and they have to treat a medical problem.

Good luck and hope your bfp happens soon xx
  • @andi30xx Its hard when you try for so long and think your doing something wrong. may i ask what nhs. and bfp mean? i looked up the prices last night and honestly it's to deep of a pocket digger, i talked to my doctor and have an appointment to see another doctor about my cysts. this makes me very happy to finally get another opinion. i have had T-3's prescribed to me for pain and i also have sleeping pills due to the sleep loss because of it. I wish you luck with baby making...????????? image