Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Signs?

Hi

New to here, but thought worth a try to ask some advice. My hubby & I have started trying to concieve. I'm 5 days late, but the test was negative. I'm more tired than usual, sleeping badly this last week, and my boobs are tender, to the point where they are uncomfortable. Am I imagining all these symptoms??

Please help!

Replies

• Hi Rosay - welcome to BE!

The answer is a difficult one to be honest lol but ttc can do funny things to your body and your mind! I had dead regular cycles until I start ttc my first and then they went all over the place - I was 2 weeks late at one point and then my period started after a few negatives. However - I have known people to not get their positive pregnancy test until weeks after they were due their period.

As for the signs - again a difficult one to answer as our mind can do alot of strang things. I convinced myself I was pregnant everymonth I was ttc - then the only month that I didn't have any symptoms - I was pregnant!! 

So I am sorry to tell you that it could be either . . .I would hold out for a bit longer and then test again. If your period gets to 2 weeks late pop to the doctors and they could always do a blood test.

Fingers crossed that this is it for you.

xxx

• Hi

Thanks for the advice! Another day, still nothing. Will wait it out!

Thanks

xx