Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Needing help to conceive

Hi,

I am new to this and would like some advise as I am becoming desparate to conceive and start a family. I came off the pill last November 2011, as I wanted to start a family soon after and wanted to make sure all the pill was out of my system. However once doing this I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts and have unregular period since, they have ranged from 33 days-60, so I find tracking ovulation hard image I have used clear blue ovulation sticks but they were not much use, and I have also been on pregna care conception for almost 2 months now, I have been trying throught september/ october but still been unsessesful. I am waiting for my next period to arrive then start again trying. Is anyone in the same situation? or have any advice of helping to concieve ?  

Replies

• Hi

I'm having similar probs in conceiving.  Not aware of any problems but thinking of going doctors soon to get a piece of mind! Mine have ranged from 32-47 days.  I ovulated 27 days ago and still waiting for my period.  I got my hopes up high but tested twice and had negatives! I know I cant help much here but wanted you to know that your not alone and I know what it feels like.  Everyone keeps saying just relax but to be honest I'm finding it hard to do so as I' desperate to start a family image x

• Thank you so much for the reply; it is such a great comfort to know i'm not alone, well I am going on to my 53rd day and stll nothing, it's so frustrating image!!!! how did u know u ovulated? did u do a test? my docs just tell me to wait it will come, but thats just annoying im going to leave it a bit longer, if still nothing i am going to ask the doc to give me clomid...... see if that helps! good luck to u xx

• Hi

Yes i did the tests but to be honest I cant keep them up! They are so expensive and when my patterns are this irregular I dont know when to start testing.  They say you should always come on 14-16 days after, but I never do! So confused as to what is going on.  I'm on my 40th day since last period and nothing, no signs now.  I get twinges below but now I'm thinking perhaps I'm harping onto every little symptom or sign when its nothing.

I dont know much about clomid to tbh - have you got to be trying a long time to get that? Never thought coming off the pill would mess me up to so much! I feel emotional, paranoid that I might be all of the time and have bad periods when they do arrive aswell as irregular. I just rather I have a period so I can move on and wish for next month rather than not having one at all and still getting big fat negatives!

My hubby has told me to stop all the tests and just wait until our time....but I'm too impatient and cant just switch off from it all. It seems everyone around me is falling pregnant, apart from me image

I'm seeing my doc on Tues, wil keep u posted! Good luck to you too and keep in touch xx

• I can not believe how much we r both experiencing the same thing, my doctor thinks i have been trying for a year already as i'm jammy like that lol! so hopfully I can get clomid! I decided to stop taking pregnacare today and see if that is what has prevented me coming on this long, as that is the only thing different .so we will see! once I have come on than off, I am going to do the same and concentrate on a new month of TTC...  yeah I found the ovulation tests frustrating and hard work so gave up on them!!! do you have cysts on your ovaries? tell me about it the next person who tells me their pregnat is going to get it!!! lol good luck on tues xxx 

• I cannot believe how much we r both experiencing the same thing, my doctor thinks i have been trying for a year already as I’m jammy like that lol! So hopefully I can get clomid! I decided to stop taking pregnacare today and see if that is what has prevented me coming on this long, as that is the only thing different .so we will see! Once I have come on than off, I am going to do the same and concentrate on a new month of TTC... yeah I found the ovulation tests frustrating and hard work so gave up on them!!! do you have cysts on your ovaries? Tell me about it the next person who tells me their pregnant is going to get it!!! lol good luck on tues xxx

• I know so similar!! To be honest, its so know that someone else is going through the same thing. I've been feeling kinda crazy at the moment. I started pregnacare but was really rubbish at keeping them up so stopped a couple weeks ago too. I'm going on holiday in a few weeks and hoping the break will do me good. Flying always messes my system up, but probably no more than I am at the moment!! I'm going to try and take a bit more of a relaxed approach and hopefully that will help ;o)

I don't have cysts as far as I'm aware but never been checked before. I've not been to the doctors yet about fertility or anything so I honestly don't know. haha so true, I feel selfish but my sister in law just told me she was pregnant with her second one, friends are all preggers and at work everytime I turn around there is a baby bump popping out of someone. My friend was telling me a story the other day on how she was going with her friend as she needed an abortion, I felt really angry inside as people like us are desperate and then other people have a night out with new boyfriend and then they are pregnant and all seems so easy! I know I sound like a right brat now but its so frustrating ;o)

Quick question - do you think those ovulation tests are correct? I don't seem how it could say I did ovulate and 29 days I'm later still waiting for my period when its supposed to arrive 14-16 days later? Its not like I'm pregnant as tests say negative - what you think?

I never thought it would be such an emotional journey every month waiting for the signs etc but hey, it will be worth it in the end when its our turn. Make sure you keep in touch and let me know if anything happens - It will keep me spurred on ;o) GOOD LUCK TO YOU xxxx

• yeah pregnacare made me feel sick and have sore boobs, which made me think i was pregnant, so yet another disopointment image... Yeah I think relaxing will do u so much good, so go for it u enjoy your holiday!! I think I to need to take that approach as I am under alot of stress at the mo so that's not helping and I wanna come on b4 I hit the 60 day mark! I really don't mean to worry u but I think u should go to the doc's and request a blood test to check your hormone levels and then that will tell them if there is a problem then they will check you all over. OMG emotional journey is not the word, I feel like im on a rollercoster with the emotions I have. I think all I want is a loving family and a baby is that so bad ? GRRRRRR! xxxx

• Know the feeling hunny!! My horrible period turned up yesterday - I came on after 43 days waiting.  I've decided to cancel my doctors appointment and do it when I get back from holiday.  I'm going to try and relax this month and (try) to take a more relaxed approach and see what happens.  I think my body is just really screwed from coming off the pill! But I will get checked out but will after holiday.  Dont think any more stress will help especially if there is something wrong!  Keep me posted wont you -  a big good luck for the next month xxxxx

• aww I'm really pleased for you that it came image... me on the other hand is still waiting image and I can not make a doctors appointment as I am so busy then when I can finally go the doc's r all full ... well have a fab holiday .... stay intouch xxx

• Hello, how u doing? Any signs of anything?? Xx