Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Confused and emotional

Hi everyone I'm new to baby expert. I wondered if you could give me some advise or just peace of mind because I honk I might be going mad! I have been TTC for a while now and am currently 6 days late and have taken 3 tests with negative results, I have lots of symptoms but don't know weather they are all in my head because I want it do much, to add to the confusing emotions I am currently feeling I have just found out a very close friend is pregnan obviously I am over the moon for them but it just seems to be happening to every one but me. I don't even know what I'm asking really I suppose I just feel a little alone and wondered if anyone else has gone through this and could perhaps tell me if there is hope this month or am I just really late on my period oh and am I going mad!? Thanks for listening Mrs D x

Replies

• i think everybody who plans a baby and is trying gets totally crazy and test mad. All i could think about was is it this month?? Totally convinced myself i was everytime and wasted so much money on tests but couldn't help it. I hate to say it but everytime the tests were right even though i was sure i was pregnant because all the symptoms were their.

As soon as i started saying thats it i give up and i stopped trying to plan it, it seemed to happen. i think the stress actually doesn't help. If its any consolation i think you should hang around your pregnant friend, i have heard that hormones can actually have an effect on people around you. Perhaps she could kick start things for you. Good luck!

• Just shows you guys even when you get three negatives it doeant always mean its a no! I'm 4 weeks pregnant just done 3 tests to confirm! So happy!!!! Xxx
  • Wow thats great news for you. Its always best to expect the worst then if you get a happy ending, it means so much more. Well done you! Now you and your friend can go through it together. x

• Thank you so much!! So haspy! Didn't want to say before because I felt really mean but its not a close friend it's my sister! And it turns out she is due 3 days before me! It's all turning out so lovely x
  • How nicw is that, to have a sister to share it with.