Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Stopped microgynon 30 please help

Hi everyone I am completely new to this. I stopped taking microgynon 30 on Mon 17th Sep 2012 and had my withdrawal bleed on Thurs 20th Sep 2012. This bleed finished on Mon 24th sep 2012 as it would normally. I then did not take the next packet of my pill.

I then began to bleed again on Thursday 27th sep 2012 and it finished on Sunday 30th Sep 2012. Wednesday 3rd October 2012 not being too honest but I had a small bleed after sex. From then we have been having sex regularly and from Sunday 7th October 2012 I had really tender breasts for 7 days they also became bigger in size. I was hopeful that this meant that I was pregnant but test was negative.

Yesterday 16th October 2012 I began to bleed again...I am confused as to whether this is my first proper period??? someone help as I am struggling to work out with the bleeds I have had which is my proper period and how I can work out when I will be ovulating????

Replies

• hi. i was on mycrogynon 30 for 15 years and stopped taking them on the 6 t

h sept this year. i had my normal fake period then was totally bloated for the rest of the month! i was 4 days late but have had my first proper period in over half a decade. it was not a pleasant experience! i have read so many different reactions from many people and all i can say is it is different for everyone. my doctor says my cycle should go back to normal within 3-6 months (not that i recall what my normal cycle is!) seems like an awfully long time when you just want the bfp already! stick with it while the chemicals work their way out of your system. its early days yet so shouldnt be anything to worry about xxx
  • Thank you so much for the advice....just hard to not just want to be pregnant. i need to be more patient.

Nice to hear from someone else having similar symptoms xxx

• it took me 7 months to fall pg after stopping mycorgynon - that I had been on for approx 18 years.  I didnt think this was long considering how long I was on it.  I got my normal fake period, and then my cycle went straight back to 28 days (or there abouts) in the 2nd month.  Totally understand your frustration, but give your wee body time to sort itself out, it'll be worth it in the end.

x

• Hey there -  I also stopped taking MG after 10 years on this pill back in September... Although my periods came back straight away they were ludicrously light (used most absorbant tampons before for 6-7 days, but since coming off only needed to use one thin sanitary pad all day for a few days only, sorry if TMI). Didn't take long before I was convinced things were not right and we were going to struggle! Doc said wait 6 months and then come back.  That was two weeks ago. This week we got our first bpf! Cannot believe how quick it has happened to get pill out of my system, so hang on in there! x

• Hi just wondering if anyone has had the same experience as me... Came off the pill in October and had my period then I had my 'normal' period in November. I'm now over a week late, the week I was due on I had sore nipples and stomach cramps,I also had a morning where I felt sick and have been feeling sick in the evenings a few days ago I woke up with heartburn... I'm going to take a test in the next few days I'm just trying not to get my hopes up. X