Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Am I pregnant after mc???

Hi,  this probably sounds like a very stupid question, but I am wondering when can I take a test after my mc.  I had my mc on the 23rd of September and bled for about 5 days, I was 6 and a half weeks pregnant.  We'v had sex since then, as I heard I am very fertile.  I'm just wondering, because I havent had a period yet when do I do a test?  Should I expect my period around the due date of a normal period which would be 28 days after mc, but then some people where saying don't count the mc as a period .If I do count the mc as a period I would be due my period sometime this weekend, my cycle wouldnt be very regular to the day, but it can be 26 to 30 day cycle.  I'm very confussed!!!  I'm trying not to lift anything to heavy, I have let work know as well that I cant lift anything heavy just incase.  

Some advise would be great!!!! Thanks Finnxxx

Replies

• I miscarried same day as you i would be due af next week. i tested tody just because i got fed up waiting and think i got a positive??!! Very very aint though so going to retest in couple days?! Why not go ahead and test and if neg test again a week later until af arrives... or a positive??!!! Lol good lucl and try not to stress too much! Easier said than done but i believe you will get pregnant when your body is ready! Fingers crossed x
  • Hi Katybob,  Yeah think I might drink a couple of pints of water now and do a quick test.  I am so happy for you, fingers crossed the line will be clearer in a couple.  My husband works away, so its tricky for us sometimes to hit ovulation!  Do you work, if so how soon did you go back to work after mc?  I went back aweek and ahalf after the 23rd and they put me on 10 days straight with no day off,  it was like they where punishing me for taking 2weeks of, as I took a few days of before mc, due to the doc putting me of with threatened mc.  I'm still a bit sore and crampy but the doc said thats normal its just everything settling back to normal and going back after stretching.  Im only new to this site and not sure what some of the sayings are!!  could you tell me what af stands for I presume its period or something!!!!