Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Maybe ?

Hi All.  I am new to the thread and new a complete novice in trying for a baby.  Maybe some of you could give advice with your knowledge. I was on holiday for a week with my partner at the begining of Oct whilst ovulating.  Perfect time to start a family I thought.  He is now working away. My usual cycle is 33 day and never late, this month I am on day 41 and have been cramping like my period is about to start for about 10 days.  This afternoon I have a light brown discharge and burst in to tears as I just assumed AF had come.   Maybe, just maybe its implantation bleeding.  Do you get period cramps with implantation bleeding? When I came off holiday I was really dizzy for a week, ( I put this down to an ear infection but doctor said no, and my friend said she was dizy from day 1 with 3 of her kids) my boobs have grown and got darker and I am very weepy.  My face has broken out in spots and my back hurts and my wee has been smelly (sorry if that tmi)  Unless this is all AF symptoms.   My partner gets home on Halloween so maybe I'll test then when we are together...... if its not AFthat is. so what i am wondering is can you get implantation bleeding 19 days after conception?  Do you cramp like your on your period?  How long after implantaion can you test?

Replies

• Well Andi there is only one way to find out hun!! It does sound positive though! Implantation bleeding can happen 19 days past ovulation and actually it's quite common to get a small amount of spotting when your period was due and cramps are also not incommon - I remember having quite bad cramps for the first week or so after i found out with my first. 

If you are pregnant - it would most likely show up now so go for it!!! 

Good luck image

x

• oh thank you.  That's really helpful.  I have my fingers crossed.  I don't think I can wait till he is home to test, It might have to be tomorrow.  eeeek.  imageimage

• Good luck andi3 fingers crossed for you. It's sounds quite positive to me image x
  • Thank you Leanne.  I took a test this morning and it was a negative image.  Been a couple of tears but its still early in our attempts.   I'll just have my partner to myself for a little longer and have fun trying again.    Thank you for your responses

• R I'm sorry to here that. Don't feel too down about it's still your first month. I just no how you feel when you get the negative n you want that positive now, It'll come just keep thinking positive image x
  • Thank you Leanne.  I am going to keep light and positive and plan a romantic weekend next weekend for bonfire night.  image  xxxxxx

• Well here I go again.  Although I am not holding any real hopes.  My boyfriend is working away so our attempts have not been all that regular.  We had sex in Jan when I was ovulating and then a week later my period arrived 5 days early and was very light & lasted a week so I presummed that it was just a light period.  I am 4 days late this month and BF is due back for only 3 days only on Sunday so I popped to the quacks to ask for some Noritheristone ( i know I am past OV for conception this month) only for the doctor to tell me he thinks I might have had implatation bleeding and I need to do a test before I take the Noritherstone.  Chemist was bloody shut on the way home so it will be an early trip out before work in the morning.  The thing is it feels very much as though my period is due.  I have tender breasts, stomach cramps and lower back pain.  I do feel a little bit of nausea, but have been under a lot of stress.  I'll see what happens in the morning. The same doctor was totally convinced I was pregnant before and was wrong, so keeping an open mind.

Has anyone else had period type pains in early pregnancy? 

• good luck Andi! xx

• Your periods seem to have gone out of sync a bit - i wouldnt take the noritherstone as a hormone change could confuse your cycles even more. Hopefully you get a BFP in the morning though anyway
    My pg started with AF cramps and symptoms and i truly didnt think i was pg as I'd just had mc so completely in shock. Fingers crossed for you x

• Awh thanks for that. Thats really positive.  My BF has just been on skype and has forbid me to take the drug LOL.  I laughed at him for saying forbid, but its nice that he cares and he was saying the same as you.  Anything that effects the hormones is going to do something to the cycle. I was reading the side effects which sound nasty so I think I'll give it a miss. 

Fingers crossed it will be a BFP if not I'll have to look into trying to balance myself out. 

Thanks for you feedback xxx

• Have you taken a test yet? when should you be due if last bleed was implantation? X
  • Good luck andi!!

I got my bfp on sunday and was cramping all night - was convinced af was coming. Im still getting them every now and then too - mainly at night xx
  • my BF wants me to wait till here is here tomorrow.  If it is positive it would be due Sept!!.  However I have started lightly spotting today so maybe AF will come tomorrow image  I'm absolutly exhausted today. 

OMG Mrs Bean Congratulations.  And thank you, thats really intresting to know. I am cramping a lot today, so maybe.......  I suppose I will get to find out tomorrow one way or another. image 

xx

• Woke up with AF this morning image  Never mind.  I kinda knew that the doctor had got it wrong again.  We'll just have to keep trying.

• Aww how frustrating. When.so your bf next back? X