Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

high temps at start of cycle!

Hi ladies, been ttc now for 13 months and starting to get a liitle worried (didn't want to have to go down the route of the 'testing' stage!

Never wanted to get into charting, temping etc but I usually take my bbt after ov just to see if my temp stays up, sure enough temp dropped a little and af arrived for my usual 3 days!

I thought I'd do a chart this month to have something to show a doc if needed to and I have noticed that my temps have gone up again! Is this normal?

13/14dpo= 36.8(98.24) then went down to 36.5 on CD1. From cd 1 it has increased and today it is 36.7 (98.06)

just wondered what your thoughts were? thanks to any replies in advance.

xx

Replies

• Options

I'm not an expert and I haven't charted this time round - but I did chart when ttc no1 and I found that at the beginning of my cycle it was always quite up and down - in fact i'll just have a look if i've still got my chart on here . . . .

Right just had a look at most months my temps did this

CD1 - 97.18

CD2 - 97.33

CD3+ - 97.45

x

• Options

thanks snugglenush, mine do look a little on the high side then! maybe I'm just warm on a morning then because it went down to 36.2 (97.16) at midday.  I've ordered some ov sticks so think I'll have a good go this month and see what happens!image

xx

• Options
    Mine are really high too this month. I too decided to get the charts on the go again. Only had ad for 1 day (VERY odd) then since my temps have been really high compared to normal at this time in the cycle. Trying not to convince myself that it was implantation bleed but I've felt really sick since 'af'. Only got one test and don't want to use it incase it's a BFN but Even my mum asked if I was pregnant cos of my symptoms. Doesn't help that my lil sis sent me a pic of her 12 week scan this morning image excited and jealous is not a good look x
  • Options

I am going to go back to charting next month if we arne't lucky this month Cari!! I had symptoms of ov twice this month!! Got my smiley on the sunday, symptoms (cramps, ewcm) on the Monday and then had dried up by wednesday and then thursday all of a sudden I had cramps and ewcm again??? I think if i used fertility friend again it might have made it clearer when I actually ov'd so i can look back and see if maybe I am missing it. 

• Options

Good luck Katrob!! I hope it's a bfp for you!!

I think we all get so caught up with wondering when ov is and then the dreaded 2ww we exhaust ourselves, that's why I didn't want to get into charting and didn't want hubby to think I was getting obsessed but with a high temp again on cd5 (36.7) I am thinking should I have been charting sooner!!

I think I'll have a visit to the docs to see about getting some tests done!

good luck ladies xx

• Options

I wouldn't worry to much about the fact that your temps are high at the beginning of a cycle - the average is 36.5 so you aren't much above that and it does vary from woman to woman - where are taking the temp? Are you doing it orally? 

I thin you need to temp for the month and then see - if it doesn't show ov or there is anything else abnormal then go to the dr. If you use Fertility Friend it analyses the temps for you and tells you when you have ov'd. 

x

• Options

I'm been doing it by mouth and also when I've checked under the arm it's been the same. 

Which FF is it because there seems to be a few and 1 wanted a fee for membership!

x

• Options

This is the one I used - it is free but you can pay to get extra features. There is also an app if you have an android or iphone. x

• Options
    My temps are all over the place now. OV was at the weekend going by my pains and ewcm but my temps are going down!! What is going on?? image
  • Options

lol i never posted the link did I!?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

x

• Options

oh and katrob - i find that I ov after the pains and ewcm - normally the day I go dry hehe.

x

• Options

Thankyou!

I think my temp may be dropping a bit but yesterday I had twinges and cramps as if af was on the way!!image   I give up!!