Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Joined today :o)

Hi everyone, joined up today as we are about to start our quest to be parents and I need to offload my worries!! I'm 36 and 4 stone overweight, been up and down weight wise for the last 10 years but am so broody I don't want to wait any longer to get to ideal weight, age is a pressing factor. So, does anyone have any advice on things that may help? I've been reading about fertility monitors - would anyone recommend one? Thank you so much x

Replies

• Hi Havingfaith, welcome to the site.

Many ladies on here tend to use Clearblue products for tracking fertility & testing for pregnancy.

Try not to worry about your age/weight as every woman/pregnancy is different & once you fall pregnant your Midwife/GP will talk you through looking after yourself & growing bump.

Best wishes & Baby dust to you.

• Hi I'm also 36 and approx 4 stone overweight and wanting to start a family ASAP. My weight goes up and down dramtically and I'm currently at my heaviest ever image I've decided to try and lose a minimum of 2 stone before conceiving and I started weight watchers and a walking group last week. I've calculated that if I'm really good I can lose the 2 stone in approx 8-10 weeks. Hopefully by then I will have started to ovulate(stopped taking the pill mid Oct and still not ovulated image) and can start TTC whilst still going to weight watchers and eating healthily.

I'm concerned about leaving it any longer due to my age + I'm also broody but I also know that carrying my extra weight makes me feel tied and sluggish and I'm sure a big pregnancy bump will only add to these feelings! I know that I might still be overweight but I know how much better I'll feel by losing 2 stone.

That said, you need to do what's best for you - maybe also get some advice from a doctor if you're concerned, The worst thing you can do is worry as this may hinder your chances more than the extra weight.

All the very best of luck x

• I was 36 when I fell pregnant first time around 37 when child was born, my dd is now 2 years old and I am expecting our 2nd child in June so just turned 39. I had no problem being an older mum and falling pregnant, also overweight and put more on since birth of daughter. I do have consultant care because of my age and weight but that just means I get more care and more scans throughout my pregnancy so that is a bonus, I also have to take clexine injections to stop blood clots but non of that matters when I will hold my baby. All the best in your ttc journey.x