Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

What does it really feel like??

Hi ladies, Currently in the middle of my 2ww, and trying not to connect every little twinge with a pregnancy symptom, and it got me wondering - what does it really feel like physically, to be pregnant?! Do you feel any different before that BFP, or do symptoms gradually start at a certain point? Is there a definite sensation in the womb area before a BFP, or any other things, or do you not have any signs until well into a pregnancy? Any pregnant ladies here like to share their experiences, as I'm totally fascinated, and it all helps with the positivity levels? image) X

Replies

• Hiya, my first symptom was sore boobs when I took my bra off, they felt really heavy, not long after I experienced slight pain in my womb area, like I'd pulled a muscle!! Then I gradually became more and more tired , to the point of exhaustion, then came the nausea!! I really don't know how people don't realise they're pregnant lol!! Fingers crossed for you image
  • Hee hee thanks for the reply - hopefully I'll get to experience it soon imageD It's so hard to imagine without having been through it. Congrats to you though xx
  • I knew for certain both times. I'd felt a fizzing sensation in my pelvic area which made me think I was (literally days after conception)

Avoidance of certain foods and smells.

Also had really bad insomnia during the 2ww both times.

I've never really suffered with the typical early pg signs like tiredness or nausea though.

Everyone is different though and a lot of people I know had no clue at all until they tested.

Good luck! X
  • I *think* i've just got my BFP again and have felt a bit odd the last few days. Shivery, thirsty and feeling nearly nauseous,really short tempered with OH and keep falling asleep in the afternoons! I think all pregnancies are different though.....and AF isn't due until 25th! This is my 3rd (1 x DS and 1 x Misc) 1st pregnancy I felt so super nauseous from morning til night even before I got my BFP at 4-5 weeks but nothing else noticeable....but went on to have horrific nausea after that for weeks. 2nd pregnancy i was really short tempered with OH and noticeably more tired but we weren't TTC so I wasn't symptom spotting I guess. Sickness didn't start until nearly 9 weeks either with that pregnancy. Edited to add - I did feel bubbly sensations in my pelvis with DS before I got my BFP - I remember because I panicked that I was like 18-20weeks when I did realise I was pregnant! x Fingers Crossed for You! x
  • 1st one I just knew - sore boobs mostly but just a feeling in my tummy. 

This time I have been sick a few times and thought best test - and I am pg again.

I thing that I did have both times - and sorry for the TMI, but hubby sometimes wee's in the loo whilst I'm in the shower, and normally it doesnt bother me - but both times when I've found out I'm pg, the day before or so I've felt really sick when he's wee'd haha - not in a gross way.....sorry, that sounds really strange tee hee!

• I think I knew about a week after conception. I had a funny feeling in my tummy (as if something was happening) and then I couldn't stand certain smells and gradually started to feel more nauseous. I didn't get a BFP until 3 days after AF was due x

Fingers crossed for you xx
  • Thanks for all the relies ladies - totally fascinating image flee24 that's hilarious!! I can imagine what you mean too!! Herewegoagain and lulu-k-82 I have been an insomniac and short tempered, but could put that down to pre-Christmas stress :/ AF due 30th though so a while to wait. Love hearing all your stories though x