Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC after Nexplanon

Hello all,

I'm looking for some advice and to hear some of your stories!

My partner and I are TTC our 1st.  I had the Nexplanon implant removed on 5th November.  Whilst using I had no periods.  My period started again on 4th December and came again on 1st January so I thought I was back to my normal 28 day cycle.  I should have had another on 29th January but it stil hasn't turned up.  I have taken two pregnancy tests (one on the 30th and another today) which have both been negative.  I've been very tired for about a week and a half, have tender breasts and have been been getting cramps. 

Do you think it is possible that I'm testing too soon and that is why I'm getting negative results or is it more likely that my periods simply haven't regulated again yet? 

Replies

• Options

mybe u are not back to normal yet after the implant or you are testing too soon wait and test after a week if u dnt see ur perrods im crossing fingers for you if you dnt mind asking i dnt knw about nexplanon so its hard to give you any advice why did they do the implants sending huggggs hope for a BFP soon

• Options

Sorry for late reply, I've been having internet problems!

AF has now turned up so I've got my answer. I'm not too disappointed, it'll happen for me when it happens!

I had the implant through choice. I didn't trust myself to remember to take the pill each day. Also, despite the horror stories you tend to hear, my experience with the implant was really good. No side effects, just a tiny scar on my arm which I can live with. I would recommend the implant image.

Thanks for coming back to me Yogeter image I appreciate the support!

• Options

I am getting my nexplanon out tomorrow. Have you had any luck yet? I am terrified its going to take a long time to concieve. Im also worried I will bleed a long time after getting it removed. I have only had it in 9 months.