Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Implantation Bleeding started off light then got heavier

Replies

• Boy do I understand all of you? But I think since I have been trying only for a little while I have come to the terms of maybe waiting for another month.

I will share my experience and hope it helps some of you.

So I had the same thing going on - first pink/brown, then heavier red (which is odd, since my periods are awfully strong and this is almost a pure joy to have). I went to my doctor and she said that it is really early for an implantation bleed (even though I was late for my period). And she said that most likely it is an early MC. I wouldn't want to think so, since I have not been feeling bad one bit, besides she told me to do the test in a weeks time. I still think it might be just a late, light period due to stress and everything.

However, I will keep you updated on how it turns out for me. And I suggest all of you to take a test in a week and then in 2 weeks. I know it is a long wait and there is not really the answer we are looking for written in any internet page but I am trying to give you some advice and share my experiences in the same situation.

I am still secretly hoping it is an implantation bleed (for me and all of you!) so fingers crossed and baby dust to all of us! xx

• HI,

I was due to get my period on wednesday and on friday I had literally a spot of blood then saturday was the same thing but on sunday it got heavier by alot i needed to use a pad all day. Im just wondering if this could be implantation bleeding. me and my husband are trying for a baby and the last time we had sex was twealve days ago! also if its not implantation bleeding is there anything else it could be/ my periods have always been very regular and always start out really heavy i have never spotted before hand! 

• I was getting pregnancy symptoms before April for around a month, I was due on my period around the 1st of April, it didn't come as expected but on the 2nd of April I woke in agony and suspected I had come on, I checked and hadn't, which came to a surprise for me, a couple hours later I had a light brown watery discharge which isn't normal for me right before my period. This carried on for a short while throughout the day but then stopped. The next day 3rd of April around 4am I woke again in exruciating agony in my stomach, abdominal area, lower back and thighs and felt all feverish. I checked again and I was covered in blood and blood clots, I went to the toilet and felt stuff fall out of me. The blood quite quickly throughout the day went from deep red to black/brown. I really arent sure whether the 2nd of april was implantation bleeding, the 3rd of april was a miscarriage or just menstruation blood, I am extremely confused and quite concerned, please could I have some information back on what is or has happened. Thank you.

• Hello, i experience the same problem, i'm not really sure if I'm pregnant or not, hope there is someone that can help me. Here's my experience, (opps, by the way sorry for my grammar, thanks) My last period was last feb.27, 14, I expect my next period last march 27-31, my menstruation is always regular and last for 5 days. Last week i had a test and it is negative, Last March 4 morning, I had a light red discharge, so I thought it was my menstruation, but it become a light brown discharge. Until now, I still experience a light heavy brown discharge, sometimes with pink, I also sometimes need to use pantyliner or pads. So, i'm not sure if is my menstruation or not, but I wonder why it was not that heavy. sometimes I also experience cramping and fatigue, but I'm not really sure what it means. Last week i had a test and it is negative, 

• Hi 
    My periods are due on 12th april 2014. But i got my periods a day earlier. I feel this is quite normal as i get my periods before my due date. But this time i had no abdomen pain nor any cramps. Whereas earlier i used to have very bad pain with which i couldnt even get off my bed for a day. The flow is also very light compared to the previous one. Its like the flow i get in 4-5 days. Is this the implantation bleeding or a normal period?  should i take a pregnancy test?

I hope i get the answer as m very curious...

• Hi 
    My periods are due on 12th april 2014. But i got my periods a day earlier. I feel this is quite normal as i get my periods before my due date. But this time i had no abdomen pain nor any cramps. Whereas earlier i used to have very bad pain with which i couldnt even get off my bed for a day. The flow is also very light compared to the previous one. Its like the flow i get in 4-5 days. Is this the implantation bleeding or a normal period?  should i take a pregnancy test?

• Hi I hope someone can help me, I would like to give you some information first thought.
    Im 19 years old image, I went on the pill when I was 12/13 years old and stopped around my 18th birthday (forgot to take it all the time, plus no boyfriend to worry about) anyway once I came off it I was irregular and have been up until the last 3ish months.

On the Friday 18th/ Saturday 19th April 2014 (9 days ago) went out with some friends for a night out and had a few to many to drink image and ended up having unprotect sex with some guy on of my friends knew (first time as well image ). That was on the 19th April (early in the morning) Anyway I went home went to sleep and didn't think much of it. when I woke up a few hours later I decided to get the morning after pill, just to make sure (it hadn't even been 12 hours since the unprotect sex). I took it and that was that. two days later I realised that I should be having my period, but when I didn't have it I thought nothing of it due to me being irregular and taking the morning after pill. Though out the week ( 7 days exactly) though it has constantly been on my mind image and toward the end of the week(5th and 6th day since unprotected sex)  I had notice some things, I was tired, constantly going to the toilet, feeling hungry and cramping feeling in my stomach at the same time constantly and also feeling sick, but not actually being sick (sorry for choice of words). Yesterday (the 8th days since the unprotected sex) I had some weird dark brown spotting it was really light and there was hardly anything on the pad I had put in place, also when cooking late yesterday my vision went blurry and everything was spinning, I had to open out back door to get fresh air. Now today ( 9th day ) I have noticed that the dark brown has gotten heavier and there are lack bits in it and I still feel tired, getting headaches, constantly going to the toilet, feeling hungry and cramping feeling in my stomach at the same time constantly and also feeling sick, but not actually being sick ( 3 days)

I have no Idea what to do I just need some advice of someone, I am to scared to tell anyone in my family that I was stupid enough to have unprotected sex whilst being drunk, so please can anyone give me some advice image

• hi huni didnt wat to read and run

Have you tested at all? xx

• Hi

I haven't tested although I can legally drive i don't have a car to so I have to rely on other (mainly my mum) and I am so scared to say anything and I don't want to lie, I realise I need to do one though, but isn't it to soon ??
  • i know its hard but i would talk to your mum ask her to pick you up a test, tell her it was a silly mistake and you need to know where you stand, and either way you have learnt from your lesson, when is your period due or how late are you:?

• My period was due 7 days ago, it's just hard to pluck up the courage to ask her image
  • i would defo do it huni, i know its hard but remember we are here to support you, do you have a close friend you could ask? 

• Thanks it means a lot to hear someone say that image I asked a friend who knows the situation and she said will be over soon image thanks
  • Good luck huni and remember we are always here, even if you feel alone your not!

if you need to chat just message me, thinking of you xx

• Boy am I glad to see I'm not the only one.. I mean I'm not glad you all are experiencing this but it's nice knowing I'm not the only one! Ok so my fiance and i h ave been trying to concieve.. I'm not sure the exact dates we had sex but it was around 2 weeks ago before he left! (He'd in the military) I'm supposed to get my period tomorrow actually, but 4days ago I started spotting brown on and off and not a whole lot. 2 days ago I got a super heavy period which the spotting and heavy period is not normal for me I have a normal 28 day cycle my period usually last 3 to 4 days and I'm NEVER late or abnormal and never had spotting before or after.. I've been having cramps, my breasts hurt just to touch, I've been bloated super hungry nauseous and have had frequent headaches. I took a test today and it was negative! I don't know what's going on... anyone have any idea? Anyone here with same Symptoms get a positive reading??
  • This is my 2nd child btw with my first I had absolutely no symptoms and even had my period till 7 Mo. I didn't find out till 3.5
  • just after some advice i have pcos and i never know when i am expecting my af last month i had a 51 day cycle and i started spotting on cd 31 this month started off brown very light and i'm still kind of light now not really bleeding onto a pad sorry tim, but last night i've been having the most unbearable pain in my lower abdom and when i got up in the middle of the night i had a clot the size of an onion i only noticed because of the splash in the loo. my partner and i have been ttc for over 1yr and a half and i just wanted to know if this could possibly be implantation.?

• hi huni the clot the size of an onion i would go to a&e or call your doctor, if it made a splash in the loo im just wondering and im really sorry to be writting this, you might have been pregnant and m/c, i would get your self checked out asap or take a test asap!

my friend had this and she was carrying twins lost one and the other is growing nicly now in her belly, please dont leave it its just the fact you say about unbearable pain please take a test or call some one xxxxxxx

here if you want a chat xx

• I'm in hospital waiting for test results and a ultrasound looking like a ruptured cyst
  • hi huni i have emailed you back, please contact me i had this but mine was sudden and ended up with a big opp and the loss of and ovary and tube, if you need to talk please feel free to ask any thing xx