Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

CD 1, 44 day cycle, need buddies please.

Hi Ladies,

I'm on my second cycle of TTC baby number 2. I already have a 5 year old DD. I have PCOS. My last cycle was 44 days. Today is CD1 and I'm wondering how im going to last until 24March (test day)! Anyone in a similar situation and fancy being cycle buddies?

Karlie

xxx

Replies

• Hi karlie,

I am CD1 of cycle 6 TTC no2. My ds is 17 months and I fell pregnant quickly with him so am getting frustrated this time around! I don't have PCOS and my cycles are between 28 and 32 days. Am using CB OPKS. Hope we can keep each other company until we get our BFP's! Are you using OPK's?

SB x

• Hello,

Thanks for the reply. No not using OPKs as I have heard they aren't very reliable for ladies with PCOS. I have decided to temp chart instead. I've bought a basal thermometer and will begin tomorrow. I hope I'm ovulating as with cycles this long I might not be. Hopefully by charting I will be able to tell if and when I ovulate. It took me two years to conceive dd and I'm really hoping it's quicker this time around! I've started taking Pregnacare conception (dh and I taking the his n hers). I've also bought pre seed (can't believe how expensive it is!) I've got an appointment with a nutritional therapist on Monday to help with PCOS diet and a friend is going to give me some reflexology (she's just trained). I am going all out this month to make a difference and hopefully get my BFP!!! I'm not a very patient person lol.

So cycle 6 for you. Hopefully it's the lucky one. I know how hard it is when it just isn't happening. Do you have any plans for this cycle? I just hate waiting. It will be good to have someone to share with. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. And hopefully both getting a BFP!!!

Karlie xxx

• Hi Karlie, Sorry haven't replied earlier i couldn't find the thread! I am just waiting for the witch to bid adieu and then start getting prepared. I am going to use OPK's again this month as last month I ovulated later than I thought. I also have been taking pregnacare tablet so hoping they will have an impact this month! I am 36 so am getting nervous about my age having an impact but am trying to do the right things to help with it. Trying to tell myself to not obsessively sympton spot this month but so know I will!! Not sure if this is cycle 6 or 7 as in the first few couple of months I tried to be more relaxed about it!!! How are you doing so far this cycle? SB x
  • Hi sb,

How's things going? Sorry I've not replied but been super busy with dd on half term and not been on here much.

I'm now cd 8. Went to see a nutritional therapist on Monday and she suggested that i try a wheat and sugar free diet for six weeks to help regulate my whacky pcos cycles. I started the new diet on Monday and so far it's been ok. It's surprising what you can actually eat. I'm also temp charting to see if I'm ovulating but won't know that for a couple of weeks yet. I'm really worried that I'm not ovulating with such long cycles and don't really know what I will do if I'm not. I just can't imagine getting that bfp. It seems impossible at the moment. I just keep remembering how hard it was to conceive dd. ttc takes over your thoughts doesn't it?

What cd are you on now and how are you feeling?

Karlie xxx
  • Hi karlie,

It will be interesting to see if diet has an impact. Would it start having an impact straight away?

I am CD6 so will start my OPK's this week and start bding. I have bought conception plus so we will have to compare notes on how it goes!!! image Going all out as getting fed up with BFN.

How long did it take to conceive your DD?

SB x

• Hi SB,

Yes will definitely have to compare notes on the lube situation! lol image

It took us almost 2 years to concieve dd and it was so stressful. I do feel a bit more in the know this time round. But if i'm not ovulating there is zero chance of a BFP. I'm so hoping for my BBT chart to show ovulation and then I think I will relax a bit. Also really interested to see if diet has an effect. I know it did last time as I lost a stone and got my BFP. I don't need to lose weight this time as I am at a healthy BMI but the foods I am eating should make a difference to cycle length which in turn will help ovulation. My cycles are 40 plus days with possible ovulation on day 30. can't wait to see if I ovulate earlier this cycle. The nutrition lady thought it would have an impact immediately but 3 months being optimum time frame to see benefits. Watch this space!

Happy BDing!!!

Keep me posted xxx

• Hi karlie,

How are you?

I am starting opks's tomorrow and gonna start bding anyway cos am on a one woman mission to hit that egg this month!!!

How's this month so far for you? Hows the temping going?

Sb x

• Hi SB,

All going ok so far. Temping is pretty easy to do. No ovulation yet so I'm still waiting for that. If I definitely see the ovulation rise I will feel much happier. I am encouraged though as on fertility friend you can look at other ladies charts and lots of people seem to ovulate even with very long cycles of 60, 70 or even 90 days. So there is hope for me with my 44 day. Cycles. Just wait and see I guess. I'm cd 14 today so could be any time, I think it may have been on cd 30 last cycle. Diet also going well. Growing to quite like nettle tea!!!

How are you doing. Are u in tww yet?

Xxx
  • Hi karlie, how are you?

I'm at my fertile time so bding but so far have not detected my Lh surge. Have used conceive plus which has been ok but ( sorry if TMi) you have to be careful to not use too much!!!

Have you detected any changes yet or do you think its still too early?

Sb x
  • Hi karlie, how are you? Any signs of ov yet? I ov'd late and only managed to bd 4 days before and day after so not holding out much hope! We did use the conceive plus every time though!

Am expecting this cycle to last 32 days as I ov'd late so we will see x
  • Hi SB,

How's it all going? I haven't been on here in ages. Have been feeling a bit down tbh. Day 31 today and no ovulation yet image

I've made an appointment with my gp for two weeks time to discuss next steps. I'm guessing it'll be Clomid as that's what I had last time. I was hoping to avoid it this time. Sorry you missed your ov time. Has AF showed up yet?

Xxx
  • Hi karlie, I'll join you on being down as she got me today image onto month 8 for me. Sorry you haven't ov'd yet but hopefully docs can help

Take care x
  • Hi SB,

Really sorry to hear the witch got you image

TTC is a real rollercoaster!!! Sending positive vibes for month 8 xxx
  • Hi SB,

Update-I ovulated!!! Very happy that I am working correctly. It showed up on FF this morning after several higher temps. I ovulated on Thurs so am currently 6 dpo. Officially in the tww. We bd on mon wed and Fri so the day before and after. I think we covered it. Have everything crossed. Just need a bit of luck now. I still can't believe I actually ovulated I was so convinced I wasn't. I feel like I've achieved the first hurdle. Now just need that bfp. Easier said than done I know. In a dilemma about when to test now. How many dpo do you hold out for?

Hope you are ok today and feeling a bit brighter.

Sending positive thoughts to you xxx
  • Hi karlie,

Congrats on ov that's a positive. Let's hope it carries on being positive for you. I can't advise on when to test as I can never hold out! I worked out af due as late as possible which was quite good as it meant I didn't think I was late iyswim. I had still tested at 10dpo with an internet cheapie though!!!

Haven't weird af this month as it (sorry if TMi) is really heavy and clotty.

Did you use the preseed?

Fc for you x
  • Hi karlie!! Sort of similar, I'm also on cycle 2. Came off pill in dec and it took me 47 days till af came. I was regular before pill, can't remember to the day but I know I was every month. I was hoping now natural periods started I'd be regular this month. I should of been due Monday I it was but looks like it's goin to be anouther long irregular month grrr! I had all usual greasey skin and hair pms symptoms so I was really hoping I was now regular but obv not!xxx
  • Hi Karlie,

Have you tested yet?

Sb x

• Hi SB

Yep tested today 12dpo (dh bday) bfn. Thought it would be. Guess I'm out as I think bfp would show now with a 10miu test. Af due Fri. Not gonna test anymore as it's just too depressing. My next chance will be May. It seems so long to wait with a 40 plus day cycle. How r u doing now? Xxx
  • The witch got me today image Next chance May!
  • Sorry she got you karlie image

Babydust for this cycle. At least you ov'd and your cycle was a little bit shorter x