Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What is too old?

I'm 35 and I've had a neo-natal death back in October, and a m/c in Jan - and I'm just worried that I'm too old or will be soon to have a baby.  I'm waiting to try again - just until April so we dont cross over our little boys due date (21st Dec) as I'd hate to be going through all the scans etc at the same times, it would bring back too many memories......can I ask what age you are, and what you think is too old / too late?

AM x

Replies

• Hi Flee,

I'm 35 too and TTC first child. I really hope we aren't too old! Can really understand you wanting to miss a Dec due date in the circumstances. You've clearly gone through tough times but it's proven you can conceive. At the mo I've been using the clearblue ov sticks and despite testing daily in the afternoon, I've failed to detect ov which is really frustrating. Are you using any special aids like the fertility monitors? Keep positive and wishing you lots of luck x
  • Hi ladies,

I'm 34 this year, I conceived my eldest when 29 & was 30 when she was born, my youngest was 21mths later.

Each of us is different but they say the average age for becoming a 1st time mum these days is thought to be 29-30 so on that theory many women aren't having families until within their 30s.

• hi flee, how you doing ? your not to old im 35 in june. my sis in law is 39 and preg. you still have time. x

• thanks ladies - think I just needed to hear others say it here, my brain is all over the place worrying that it'll be too late.  

I'm not using ov sticks or anything - I never with either pg, and I fell first time after I lost my wee boy, so I know I work, and I've worked my body out pretty well (sad that I have the experience to do that tho!) - we'll start ttc in April, and I'll just take it easy and see how things go.

Calee - hope you're good mrs, how you feeling?

x

• i'm 40 and ttc number 1
  • thanks for the reassurance.  good luck with No 1 image x

• im good thanks flee. having sickness all day but i know thats a good sigh, i had a scan and im 7weeks 2 days.little bean looked great with strong heartbeat. due 5th oct.got my next scan 13th march. just taking each day as it comes. hows you doing? hope you get your bfp straight away x

• thats great news girl - here's to a boring few months ahead for you and that little bean image

Hopefully I'll have some good news to share come May time, that would just be the best - I'm not one for having lots of patience so this is really testing me. Like you tho, its just one day at a time.

take care of you (and your bean)

Ann-Marie x 

• thank you. it will be your turn real soon xx

• Ladies! I had my first son when I was 35, I am 37 now, will turn 38 in September, and I am TTCing #2....and I a not too old....at all!! Don't think that will be a problem, because believe me, it is not...just go ahead and start trying! image And don't forget to have fun along the way image

Blessings and baby dust to all of us! image

• 34 here, and after 18 years on pill finally happy with right man and TTC, been petrified about my age, so reassured to see others also feeling same. A chemical preg this month has given me hope that stuff is working at least. Struggling

Most with pms, never had to deal with the levels of nausea and pain I'm hitting each month (partly why I was put on Pill so young)
  • Your not too old I thought i was and I am now 41 and 11+1 weeks pregnant image

good luck