Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Looking for tips

Hi,I'm new to the site and this is the first forum I have joined..ever!! I have a 4 year old and I have had two miscarriages since then. I'm 35 and my husband is 40. I'm keen to have at least another 2 children and was wondering if anyone tried anything outside of the usual tips to get pregnant. I'm trying not to let it get to me but sometimes it's very hard. Thanks

Replies

• Hi cat5, didn't want to read and run.

Really sorry to hear about your mc's. I would love to give some advice but after 2.5 years we are about to start ivf. (So not very successful and getting pg!!)

Wishing you all the best with ttc x
  • Thanks anyway. Best of luck to you too, x
  • hello cat5, i am also 35 and have been aware things weren't quite right for over 3years now.  don't let it get to you, as i do/have.  we have done 2 iui, and will do another after 3months if the clomid doesn't work.  we don't know why it hasn't worked yet.

sometimes trying beyond the usual is what we have to do, and you're not alone!

• Hi QnBee, it's nice to know there are people who know what I'm going through. I will have to have another miscarriage before the doctors will carry out any tests so kind of in a limbo at the minute. My first m/c was 3 1/2 years ago at 12 weeks and the second last summer at 5 weeks. . Trying to keep positive at the min.

Thanks to you both for the messages xx
  • is there a reason they won't do tests before then?  seems cruel to let you go through that again.  

positive is hard, for sure, sometimes!

• Unfortunately because m/c is so common the have to wait until the 3rd before they do anything. The first m/c was very traumatic and i ended up being rushed to surgery but the 2nd was very straightforward. Found out I was pregnant the day before we went on hols and started to bleed day we were coming home. I'm sure my story is a lot like others. It's only because of my age that I'm worrying so much. Spent so many years in my early twenties avoiding pregnancy and now I'd do anything to see those two lines!!
  • We used pre seed for the 1st time the month we got our bfp, I think it was the reason we got our bfp as I didnt have much cm x
  • we have also tried preseed, but you have to order it here, as you cannot get it in the stores.  we can get zestica in our pharmacy, and we have tried that a couple of times, to no avail....so i figure that is not the issue.  again, we don't know!

i'm sorry to hear that you have to be put through that cat!  seems cruel!  i think i had a fertilize but no implantation a couple cycles ago.....but there's no way to tell i've been told.  but i guess i should be glad i didn't know.  i would also do anything for those lines!  won't tell hubby that though!  image

• Thanks girls for the advice, I have an appointment with a kinesiologist next week. I've never really gone in for that sort of thing before but it can't do any harm. I'm glad I took the plunge and joined the forum.

Thanks again x