Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

No positive on opk, yet af hasn't arrived

Hello girls,

I'm a bit confused at the moment about whats going on with my body! Ok, so my last 4 periods have come at CD 28, then 27, 27 and the last at 24. My last period was initially pretty painful and its been the first time it was that early. For the last 3 periods from what I can remember I have had quite strong pain the night before af arrived.

I am currently on CD 30 and no sign of af. I did a Clearblue Pregnancy test on the night of CD 28 but was bfn. I thought I was having some period type pains on the night of CD 26 but af never showed.

I would be feeling more positive about getting a bfp but I used clearblue opk every morning from CD 10 to about CD 22 but had no smiley face. I had other ovulation symptoms but no positive so Im not sure if I actually did ovulate image.

On the first day of my last af I ended up in hospital with something unrelated and I was given some different medication to take. I did stop taking it about 2 weeks ago, but I was wondering whether that could have messed with my periods. I have also had some constipation (sorry for tmi), light-headedness and I did have tender nipples a week or so ago. Every so often I get a stretching sort of feeling that af might arrive but it doesnt.

Anyway, we were going to go and get snother pregnancy test tonight to test tomorrow am but weve been snowed in so it looks like if af doesnt arrive over the weekend we are going to have to wait!

Anyone had anything similar happen to them? Any thoughts or advice / help gratefully recieved image xx

Replies

• I'm really hopeful for you GG! I was regular 27 and 28 day cycles and the last one before we conceived was also 24 days. You didn't say which clearblue tests you used. I found the non digi ones rubbish, the superdrug ones are much better. Also, I struggled with the opks and getting any kind of smiley face and I was clearly ovulating as I'm 7 weeks now. Good luck with the tests you are taking. Fingers crossed xx
  • Thanks Fayette. Im on CD 31 and still no sign. My husband has managed to get through the snow to get a pregnancy test so we are going to test soon.

I tested with the digital test last time but hoping that maybe it was too early and the wrong time of day.

I'll let you know how we get on with the next test. image xx

• Well, we tested last night and this morning and both BFN. And, now af has just arrived! image ah well, nevermind. It is just weird why it is 4 days late, yet was 4 days early last month. Ive always been so regular, so I'm really not sure what is going on. I didn't have any symptoms that af was about to arrive except a slight heavy feeling about 30 minutes before. xx

• Boo, sorry to hear that GG. I really think that the moment regular cycles start to go haywire, things are starting to happen. Obviously it didn't work out this month but you're one step closer to getting your bfp. Good luck for next month-keep positive xx