Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Are you planning differently for number 2?

Hi 

I am thinking about no.2 and wondering if anyone else has found they are planning quite differently this time round, now that we have a little one and potentially back to work and with a different situation in general.

xx

Replies

• Hi tulip, my little boy is almost 22 months old, around Christmas time me and my husband were talking about ttc no 2 but I didn't feel quite ready, And just thought there's no harm in waiting as we're quite young (24 and 25). But around that time 3 of my close friends from nct group have announced that they are expecting there second around August and hearing them talking about it all the time and scans, baby shopping etc has made me feel really broody again! After a long chat with dh we decided to ttc end of January. No luck yet but still early days. I have found it different this time, sometimes finding it difficult to fit 'trying' in, we're both working (me part time) and also being parents to a very lively little boy leaves us with no energy at the end of the day! Also thinking what will we do with childcare whilst working with a second as it is expensive enough with just one! But I'm sure we will find a way! I would love to give ds a fairly close aged sibling there is a 2 and a half yr age gap with me and my sister and we are quite close. How long have you been thinking about ttc again? How does your oh feel about it?

Pink x
  • Also forgot to mention ds wasn't really 'planned' so the ttc thing is quite new to me, he happened very soon after I stopped the pill to get my body back to normal when I was just 22. I had always wanted a baby so was pleased but oh took a while to come round to it, but now we wouldn't be without him. Our situation wasn't perfect partly as I had just finished uni and started a new job, and had been hoping to save a bit of money before having kids but we have made it work and now prepared to do it all again!