Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Has anyone bought baby stuff already??

Evening ladies!! Just wondering if anyone has started buying baby things yet?? I'm not going to tell everyone my secrets yet incase u all think in a total but job! Haha xxx

Replies

• Options
    I've friends who began buying some of the bigger more expensive things before they actually conceived to help lessen the blow on the old wallet.

I've bought the odd outfit that was too cute but hidden them out of site out of mind as I know that could be tempting fate a little!

I think it is very hard to resist when you are so looking forward to motherhood and she things everywhereimage x
  • Options
    *see
  • Options

I havent bought anything yet, but have saved all the links to the websites of items i like x

• Options
    Hi ladies. I have found that purchasing a small thing here and there has really helped me cope with the frustration of infertility and treatment. Me and my husband have been trying for 2 years and are still working on it. So a little over a year ago I found a pair of tiny pink sandals for 50 cents at a yard sale and couldn't resist. When I got up to pay for them she gave me and outfit and blanket for free and tried to give me a stroller that turns into a car seat, but I said I couldn't. Since that day every time I have a "sad baby" day my husband takes me to pick out an outfit. I may be a bit obsessed but nobody can tell me I won't be ready.
  • Options
    You'll be well organised babydustplease image

I wish you every success and hope that bfp comes soon!

I can't imagine the frustration after 2 years, we've been trying 10months now and im frustrated enough as it is already.
  • Options
    Dizmo- Yeah we have over 300 outfits, close to 20 pairs of shoes and a tone of coats. It's been very frustrating but now we know the problems and can fix them. image I'm hoping this month is our month. Are you taking anything to help or doing anything extra to help?
  • Options
    Well at the moment I don't think dr's would intervene until we've been trying a year. OH has started taking Wellman conception (have heard positive things but not sure how much to rely on that) haven't tried the ovulation kits yet but thinking we might start, otherwise, just trying not to obsess too much over it.

What route are you now taking?

That is some impressive shopping! Ha, good work! image
  • Options
    Mostly yard sales and junk stores so not to spend too much. We finally decided to see a doctor and are now on our second round of clomid because I did not ovulate. Turns out I had a mild case of small cysts on my ovaries. Now on the 15th we are scheduled for an insemination because along with my pcos my husband has a low sperm count and his swimmers are not strong enough to get through my cervix. Now I'm just worried my ovulation is going to be too far past my iui and we will miss our chance this month.
  • Options

Good luck for tomorrow babydust image

• Options
    Thank you Dizmo it went well.
  • Options

I've been comparing prices and making a wish list of items I want, but it's still early days so haven't bought anything yet. I'm trying to convince the OH that it makes sense to spread the cost over more than 9 months, but we also need a new car desperately so I think that will take priority. If I had my way I'd have a nursery set up already! image

• Options
    Same here but It does at times make me feel a bit insane about it all. I did recently find the perfect crib but dh said not yet, "this one we should wait on". image iui today tho fingers crossed.
  • Options

I have been trying for a second bebe for 3 months now, and I am hoping for a girl this time (I already have one lovely boyimage and yes, I admit I have started amassing some stuff...a cutesy bodning blanket for daddy, a cuddly washcloth for a newborn, and of course some waaay too cute outfits. I admit that's early and I hope I don't jinx it, but it warms my heartimage

• Options
    Girls are so much fun to shop for. I shop for both just incase, my grandma seems to think I'm going to have twins when I do. image so I'm prepared.