Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Help! Need a suitable very convincing lie!

Hello! I'm in a bit of a pickle, myself and my BF are planning on ttc from next month. I came off mercilon in feb and had my withdrawal bleed but nothing yet image any advice on that would be helpful! However that's not the issue...! It's the in laws...they are planning a family holiday June 2014 and are hoping to book the holiday in June this year! We obviously want to go but we have no idea how long it will take to conceive and whether we'll be able to go or not! We obviously don't want them to spend money or us to spend money if we can't go. What on earth can we say? Usually my mother in law (so to speak, no ring! Ha!) usually books the whole thing (it'd be the 3rd family hols next year). I've thought about saying we will book out flights separately to theirs (they could easily change the hotel that's not an issue) but what reason could i say? I know she'll ask a million times why we don't let them sort it and make sure we're all on the same plane and same flight so what on earth can we say to delay booking the flights until at least the end on year when fingers crossed we know more?! Please help! I know she'll ask next time we see her if we're going? Wah! Obviously I don't want to let on we are ttc. Luce - a desperate newbie. Sorry it was so long! Xx

Replies

• What would the worst outcone be if you you told them the truth? It honestly is your life love, I'm pretty sure they're be happy for you xxx

• Why not say a close friend of yours is getting married in June 2014 and you want to find out the date so you can book flights around that. X

• If you're determined not to tell the truth then the usual excuses would be (as MrsE suggests) that you are invloved in a friend's wedding around that time so need to confirm dates etc..., another would be getting the time off confirmed with work, a work related mandatory training course during that month, needing to check dates again...our a friend celebrating a milestone birthday/anniversary & asking you to join them for a party but again needing to confirm the dates...

• I'm going through the same thing but this is with my mum! I know my mum would talk me out of trying for a baby because she thinks I'm too young, but I know I'm ready and I'm in a stable relationship. Next year my grandad is 80 my mum is 50 my cousins 18 and I'll be 21 so everyone wants to go on a family holiday, but that might not happen if I have a bump or maybe even a lil one if I'm lucky. No idea what to say! X