Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

AF arrived :(

Just wanted to vent a bit of emotion on here.

We have been ttc for 6 months now and ever since we started my periods have been different cycle lengths. I had one cycle at 24 days and my last couple have been 31 and 30.

Anyway, this month we have used clearblue opk and got smiley face on CD16. We had been dtd ALOT (used preseed also) and dtd on CD 16 and 17. However, I developed cystitus on CD17 which was really painful and as I have history of kidney problems I was to the docs. I did explain that I was hoping to have conceived. He put me on antibiotics, which I took and then preceeded to get thrush. Again, it was/is painful. I tried every remedy without any tablets as I was worried incase I was pregnant.

Anyway, I have been on my 2WW and had no signs at all of af so I've been pretty hopeful. CD 32 today so I took a test this morning but bfn. I booked to see the nurse this afternoon about the thrush and expained how I could be pregnant because of no sign of af. She was lovely and asked me to do a pregnancy test there and then but again bfn. Even then I was still quite positive...but then I got home and about 2 hours later and went to the loo and the witch had arrived. I just burst into tears image.

Everywhere I look theres pregnant woman - at work, on fb and in the news. I just want to be pregnant and not be jealous of those who are. Im 32 next week and had really thought I would be pregnant by now. I had endometriosis when I was about 19 which was operated on and because Im in the sort of mood I am I thinking there must be a problem with me.

I've booked in to see the nurse again next week (before I knew af had arrived) and just wonder now whether it is worth talking to her about this. Do you think they will just tell me to go away and come back after 12 months of ttc?

Sorry for the long rant, I just wanted to write it down.  

Replies

• Options

Hi hun, sorry to hear you are feeling so low, ttc is a very emotional process. If you think it will help, maybe you should go & discuss your concerns with the nurse anyway. She may not be able to offer any treatments for another 6 months, but it may help to take some of the pressure away.

Good luck. I hope you get your bfp really soon x x

• Options

Thanks for the reply supastar1501. It is emotional and I didn't realise how emotional i would get. I'm sure I'll feel more positive tomorrow image x

• Options

Hi GG2, just wanted to say, I know how you feel. I got a bfn today on month 9 and it was gutting. I came off the pill two years ago and have had 30-39 day cycles since. this cycle I started agnus castus to see if it would regulate me. According to my ov kits, I ovulated around day 14, so on track for a 28 day cycle. We also used concieve plus but this just wasn't our month.  I've had to take antibiotics stage past two cycles for Utis, so making sure I am drinking plenty of cranberry juice before we start next cycle.

Its so hard to stay hopeful but we will get there hun and it will be all the more special for it.  Best of luck for next month xxx

• Options

hi ladies, I'm also on month 9 of ttc. It is hard and I know you know this already but try to focus on something else. This month dh and I are BD'ing loads without timing it and we're gonna sort the house out, and I'm focusing on getting fit. So many people have said to me that obsessing will not help, and I hated hearing it but they were right. I cannot wait for it to happen for us, but we can't put our lives on hold so try to stay positive and have fun doing other things. Maybe do things you won't be able to do when you get your bfp? Book a long weekend away with your partner so you have something to look forward to? Go horse riding?! (LOL!) - just busy yourself with stuff that makes you happy and once we're relaxed we'll get our bfp's image Chin up hun and hey, when we have our down days, that's what this website is for right?! xxx

• Options

Thanks PinkShoes and Lou4966. Im now CD7 and after my initial melt down I'm feeling surprisingly positive this month. Since posting on here I have had about 3 more people announce pregnancies but I've felt very happy for them, even though one was a definite "we weren't even really trying!".

We have lots of other things to look forward to over summer with a big holiday with friends, and going to have a month of not looking too much at cycle days and symptom spotting (although, I think that is easier said than done!).

Good luck and hoping to see bfps from you girls soon xxx