Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Preparation

Hi

Me and my hubby have decided i'll not continue with my pill next month (AF is here at the moment).  We're going to "see what happens" over n the next couple of months then actively start trying in August/September.  

i was just wondering what, if anything, you did to prepare when you first started TTC?  I'm eating healthily and going to the gym anyway as although I'm not massively overweight, I do want to lose around 1 stone.  I also started taking folic acid yesterday. Did you do anything else?  Have you started saving money etc? Is your oh doing anything to prepare....other than the bding lol xx

Replies

• Hi MrsB,

Ooh how exciting that you are about to start an amazing journey we've been TTC 16mths now following my OH vasectomy reversal my best bit of advice to you would be take your time, don't get stressed out and most of all enjoy the process! It really is down to mother nature we started off following everything the books said so both stopped smoking,drinking, we started taking  Pregnacare his&hers conception tablets, we used digital ovulation kits,conceive plus, you name it we did it and to be honest it took the fun out of it all and put so much pressure on our relationship and we are still trying! We recently had our fertility checks done in case the reversal had not worked and we both came back fine & fertile its just time and timing now so whilst we still take the conception tablets and use concieve plus we are alot more relaxed and enjoying the process again as we both know we are fine it's just not our time yet

I like to call it baby roulette because it is really that everyone is different

Good luck

x

• Thank you and good luck in your journey.  That's our plan, to just carry on as normal and have some fun.  I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything that's important for a possible baby's health.  this would be our first so it's all very new to us both.  Xx

• Hi MrsB, welcome! I wanted to do the same so we prepped everything that was stressing us out that would be an obstacle once a baby comes along. So threw out LOADS of stuff to clear space and are redecorating. I also do yoga to reduce stress and have started a workout regime too. Good luck to you and have fun trying! Don't make it a chore! xxx

• You sound like your thinking along the right lines of enjoying TTC and not stressing, there are certin foods and drinks you can cut back in, zinc is alsor good for fun, makes sStratton start putting some money aside, but I guess once you fall pregnant is when you can really start to put plans into practice, good luck and enjoy  TTC !

• For me I started taking pregnacare conception about 3 months before starting to ttc. Also watched my diet, tried to exercise gently regularly and cut down on alcohol.

I have continued with all this but have stopped alcohol and I have done bbt and opks from the start - but that is because I am 35 and was on the pill for 16 years and so wanted to be able to track my cycles so that after 6 months if no joy the doctors can investigate further if needs be.

Good luck with your journey x

• Thank you and good luck to you all.  It will be interesting to follow your journeys and chat to you all.  

Has anyone had a Suzy Rayne reading or reading from anyone else?  I've just remembered, I had one months ago out of curiosity and she said I'll fall pg in June and find out in July...I'm not sure how much I believe about the readings but it will be interesting to see if it's true...especially as we're not planning on actively trying until Aug/Sept time xx

• We stopped drinking and I started taking folic acid...seems to have worked...we now have a little 3 month old boy!

Good luck and lots of baby dust x x

• Awww congratulations!!  I've cut down on alcohol too the last few weeks but would obviously stop altogether if I got a BFP xx