Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Horrible side effects after coming off the pill

I had the injection to start with but was constantly on my period, so I went onto the microgynon pill about 3 years ago, I came off last Sunday and had my "pill" period as usual, but since the Sunday just gone I've had constant stomach cramps, headache and nausea, my boobs are also really achey in the mornings, I was wondering if these are normal side effects to coming off the pill?

Any suggestions areappreciated image

Replies

• Options

Hiya beckii93, i came od the pill about 10 months ago and i still havent had a natural period since. i dont think un a typical case tho. the first few weeks afta i came off it i remember thinking  i was pregnent so yeah i had the same as u. the body is cruel in the fact that the synptoms of coming of the pill actually mirror early pregnancy signs. my body did settle down within a few weeks so u mite be the same xx

• Options

That shud say im not a typical case tho. U have to give youself time to reajust and and balance itself out again coz ther is a massive change in hormones when u stop takin it. This is all what ive learnt since. I was well stressed to begin with tho so i kno how u feel xx

• Options

There's just so many symptoms that i didn't know about, I feel so ill. I'm glad I'm not the only one and can speak to someone about it, thank you xx

• Options

Yes when i came off the pill (cilest after 16 years) had many symptoms for the first few months. Many you have stated aswell as losing lots of hair and my skin going dreadful! Things have certainly calmed down now - im on cycle 4.

Its a massive hormone shift for the body and so just needs time to settle - which isnt always easy to wait for when your ttc! Good luck x

• Options

Beckii93 I know exactly what you mean, I put on weight, hair and skin was impossibly greasy and PMT - well it made md feel sick and dizzy.  For me the symptoms lasted until morning sickness replaced it 3 months later! Glad I did put that weight on now though, as it made be less worried about how much I lost in first 12 weeks From not feeling able to eat! Good luck ttc!! 

• Options

Yeah heard people can become pregnant almost immediatly, which is quite a scary thought seen as though I thought it would take months :P  

Still very excited about the whole process and thought of becoming a mum makes me soo happy image