Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Can you describe ovulation pain?

Hi

It has been a while since I had a period and am now off the pill so waitin for it to show but I wondered if anyone has ovulation pain and if so what does it feel like??

Does it last long?

Replies

• Mine lasted about 5 hours n was like being stabbed in the ovary lol. Very painful x

• I have ovulation pain every month, usually on one side but this month I had it in the centre ... Mine sometimes feels like when you get a bruise and press against it or a dull constant ache, length of time varies 

• I found that the pain is more noticeable the older you get.  mine would last anything from a few hours to a few days and a dull aching pain similar to period pain but not as bad.  I didn't always get the pains every month either but then I could have just been too busy to notice.  I am now 14 weeks and don't remember getting any pain the month I fell pregnant... I did notice as soon as I was pregnant though with really sore boobs and low libido. Like pregnancy I expect every woman is different, I also never had morning sickness.

• I never used to feel or notice ovulation pain, but its pretty obvious to me these days. I now get a bloating feeling for a couple of days before then can feel anything form twinges to a sharp pain predomantly on my left side. 

• I thought I had ov'd on Sunday but I have been having prickly like pains while walking round town. it seems central rather than one side or other, almost feels towards my bottom if that makes sense. I am thoroughly confused and never felt this before :-/

• Thank you for all the replies. that's so helpful.