Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How do you know if you are ovulating?

Hi ladies,

Some of you are now aware that I had a missed MC in April and my cycles have been all over the place since. I'm currently on CD34 and no sign of AF or a BFP. If AF doesn't show her ugly face and I'm not pregnant, does it mean that I'm not ovulating?

What are the signs (of no ovulation)? I do worry that I have stopped ovulating as we've been trying to get pregnant since April and it is not happening. Also I used to get sore boobs and migranes before AF arrived, but all I get now is the dreaded migrane. My boobs do not get sore anymore and I do not cramp either so I'm never prepared for af image I used the ovulation tests 2 months ago and got a smiley face on CD15, Af arrived on CD35. If you ger a smiley face, does it mean that you are definitely ovulating?

I know I may be asking silly questions, but i keep worrying that there is something wrong with me. 

Thank you xxxx

Replies

• It's a difficult one as far as I know you can even have positive opks but not ovulate. U think you can even have ov pains and not ovulate. I think the only way you know for sure is by charting and seeing the dip then spike which indicates ovulation has taken place x

• I will try charting next month. Thank you xx

How are you feeling LH86? xx

• Sick sick sick! Keep going dizzy every time I stand up too! Can't believe how bad this pregnancy is compared to my dd. be glad when it passes xx

• Bless you, I wish I could feel sick again ha ha (for all the right - pregnancy - reasons thou) image

Did you have any symptoms with your DD? xxx

• No nothing really a bit queasy and tired but that's it. This time I'm tired achey, my boi a are huuuuuge and sore, sick and dizzy all the time and I'm really ill tempered atm lol. I shouldn't complain as I know it's all good healthy signs but iv got so much on at the mo, just lost my job so out if work and dd starts school in sept. it gets on top of me sometimes. I had another little bleed on holiday the other week and I just sat in the caravan bathroom and sobbed my heart out. But enuf of my tragic life lol I'm lucky to be alive with a great family a lovely home and a beautiful lil bundle wriggling away inside me even if it is making me feel like $hit!! Xx

• Hello hun,

Did your work know that you were pregnant? Don't feel bad for feeling the way you feel - we all have days like that - me especially. I know that I'm healthy and got a supportive family etc, but I still feel like my little world has fallen apart and I cannot put it back together again image

I really hope that your pregnancy goes well image

I might call the docs tonight and see if they will run some tests to see if I'm ovulating. CD34 today and no sign of anything, too scared to test thou just in case I get a negative again. Read on the net that if you go over 40 days then you are deffo not ovulating, now I'm worrying - well, at least I've got another thing to worry about image

xxxx

• Bless ya yeah definitely worth seeing a doc. They can give you stuff to help move things along. Yeah they knew, didn't stop them giving my job to sone useless ar$e in Poland tho. And buying me a bottle of wine when I left! Then trying to screw me out of a weeks notice and 2 days holiday pay. Got what I was owed though after much shouting and heel digging in xx

• Hey chick,

I assume you worked for that company for over 6 months? If that is the case than they were not allowed to give your job to somebody else. Employers are not allowed to discriminate against pregnant women and are not allowed to sack them during pregnancy or maternity leave. Is there anyone you could complain to? Sounds very unfair to me!!!

Bless your heart, they have not treated you fairly at all!

xxx

• 8 and a half years. I think they can get away with it as they made the whole team redundant and gave all our jobs to people in Poland. My manager has been there over 12 years! They said it was more cost effective! X

• Hey chick,

I had a look and found this - 

An employee who is made redundant during her pregnancy will be entitled to any redundancy and/or notice pay that she qualifies for.

It is unlawful to select a woman for redundancy because she is pregnant. She may have a claim for unfair dismissal and sex discrimination, irrespective of her length of service.

You are right, looks like they might be able to get away with it as they've made the whole team redundant. It's unfair thou. And yes it will be more cost effective as they will only pay them half of the UK wages - scandalous really!

xx

• Its the way the world works I guess. Got an interview at tesco on Thursday lol nice and local and can work while he's home to look after madam, evenings and nights etc. Big step down but better than job centre I hate it there I feel and look so out of place lol x

• I know what you mean about the job centre, I think I have been lucky to always have a job so I never needed to sign on. I would deffo feel out of place image

Good luck with the job interview, it will be good for you if it is local especially with the pregnancy as you will not need to travel a lot and stress about the traffic image xxx