Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

confused-and-fed-up-

Hi all,

Im sure im not the only one here getting fed up wtih TTC

A few days ago i had 2 visable pink positive faint lines on 2 tests taken see below.

This morning i did the first response test eary and got a BFN

I have back pain and light period pain since i ovulated im due next Friday and hoping  i still am but dont think so ... any advise ?

Replies

• Hi Bonnie image

I feel your pain, I had the exact same thing as you yesterday. I was convinced I had a line. I used first response but I took it out of the plastic to study it! 

I would say that yours was a positive. I've done alot of googling over this and apparently, a line is a line, no matter how faint! Saying that, I just came out of the doctors with my test and she said to me that she couldnt be sure and that I need to retest next week. I've read about these evaporation lines but theyre not generally a color, more shadowy or grey. How many days ago did you ovulate?

• I meant to add that all the people that knew about my test had said that maybe it was a weak wee or was too early? 

• Hi Bonnie

Sorry you are finding it so hard, I hear you.

I think you are testing VERY early ... If you are due next Friday I would wait until say Wed .... even the early preg tests say not 99% until day of missed period which is actually day after period due and only test 4 days before period due. 

The test defo has a faint line and it might be super sensitive so defo still a strong chance but I would wait a while to be sure. 

How many DPO are you? 

XX

• hi Willow30

The two i took on Sunday evening and monday morning were approx 5-6 Days from ovulation they both showed a pink faint line but line didnt stay on test too long.

I did the 1st responce test early one this mornng with a BFN

Im due my period next Thursday / Friday with a normal cycle of approx 30 days

when you dont yours yesterday how many days past ovulation are you ? when are you due ur period

There is a really good site called countdown to preganncy and it has tones of pregancny tests uploaded that people vote on have a look and see some are so faint but are postive its mad

ah hope you test postive in a few days , its like an emotional roundabout every month same thing x

• Its so stressful isnt it??

I would definately try and wait before you test again. I was 13 days past ovualtion and the doctor STILL told me to wait so maybe just hold on a little longer. I thought I was due on tomorrow but it was actually Tuesday, im clearly a bit rubbish with my dates haha.

Were there any reasons why you felt the need to test? I had a little spotting a week ish before af, which is unusual, then I remembered someone saying about implantation bleeding. Im not sure if it was that or not but I thought I would test anyway. xx

• Hi ,

I have had no implatnation bleeding just major lower back pain and very period like lower pain few days ago but back is just sore now feels very early to have period like pain

think i tested early as i want it so much lol

if you had a small bleed that is great could be implantation ... when are you going to test again  ?

• hi bonnie, i really dont think you are by any means out of chances this month yet! you still have 7 or 8 days until official missed period, even a first response test might not pick it up yet.

waiting is a bitch i'm afraid...first it's the wait to get pg, then the wait for your 12 week scan because you don't actually believe it till you see it, then you have the wait for labour at the end! its a long journey but im sure soon you'll be on the way. keeping everything crossed for you, would love to hear you got your bfp! if i were you id leave another day or two (i know i wouldnt be able to wait longer) good luck x

• lol cheers Willow ill do a test on Sunday thats 5 days early x

• Let me know how you get on!! I'm the worst for doing tests! I was doing them all the time before but decided to just stop coz you'll drive yourself insane!! Tests before where I thought they may of been positive I have been like 'ooh I'll just hold it up to the window...I'll just turn that light in...I'll just take it outside...' Lol. It takes over your life but you just can't help it! Fingers crossed!! image

Think I'm gonna test next week sometime. It's giving me a bloody headache over analysing it! Xxx
  • lol me too its ridiculous im going pink line crazy starring so hard at therse bluddy tests making myself see the line ,

I have two 1sst response in my bag not doing another one until Monday !

ill keep you updated and you do the same

Fingers crossed .... Blowing snow blizzard of baby dust your way x

• any news bonnie? x

• Hi Alfie222,

I did a test yesterday and it was a BFN image down in the dumps over it but have to just put this month behind me and go again 4th month now trying getting worried my mam took 4 years to have her first baby.

Im Reces negaitve blood ( think that is how you spell it lol ) anyhow read up been this blood type can have some impact when trying for a baby in the department of implantation not sure how much is true on it only read some articles but just getting disheartend ,

How are you getting on ? xxx

• hi bonnie, aw sorry to hear that. four months isn't long though, it doesnt mean you will be ttc long term. 1 in 4 people are rhesus negative, i dont think enough women are affected for rhesus neg blood to stop implantation. as far as im aware all the problems with neg blood no longer exist due to treatment with anti d injections image i know how hard it is though when you believe you may be pg and then are disappointed.

ive had the most horrendous period started sunday as planned, lots of pain this time though. had lots of pain after ovulation too so not sure what was going on this month, something was unusual.

good luck for this time. enjoy a few glasses of wine and a few takeaways, it might be no alcohol and healthy eating soon! xx

• Hi Alfie222,

Well i woke up this morning did a test 1st thing and got a faint positve ,,, i went and got another one at lunch time did a 2nd and another faint positive please see below 1st test then 2nd...

what you think ?

• Hey Bonnie, Can see a feint line on the top one, but not the bottom one (but probably because I can't see it clearly enough). First pee of the day is always likely to be darker because of higher hCG hormone concentration, so if it is lighter in the aft, nothing to worry about. Any line is a positive, so they say! Looks like congrats are in order image Yey! xxxx

• Hope so !

Going to tet again 1st thing in morning and ill give you update

how are you gettingon this month ?xxx

• Waiting to ov, boooo!!! Ov'd cd8 last month, no sign as yet, although CB monitor says I'm fertile - just waiting for the peak. Seeing everyone else's stories keeps me happy though image xxxx

• I can see a faint line on both bonnie. Really excited for you. How many dpo are you now? X
  • imagei can see them! this is how i started with lo at dpo9. got darker everyday. used fmu for next 3 or 4 days, it became unmistakable very quickly. is this only 2 days early? maybe you ovulated a bit later than you thought. fingers crossed very excited for you x

• hI All,

Im due on Saturday , i tested again this morning once at 4am and once at 8am

before is the 8am test and further down is both opened the test on right is the 4am what you guys think

Tell you if i am pregnant the only sympthoms i had different from a normal month is really bad lower back pain , i have the period pain as if im going to start my period any day !

baby dust to you all ,