Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Who else will be testing this weekend.....

Well AF is due august the 31st so i have just under a week to go now image

Who else will be testing this weekend xxx

Replies

• Haven't ov'd yet image cd18 image Af is due the 3rd so would've been my weekend to test if I'd ov'd! Hope it all goes to plan for you!! xx

• WooH hi babe i think im in the same boat as u this month if im honist!

I tend to get signs of ovulation like back ache and pains in my side and plenty of cm but nothing this month what so ever iv been as dry as a sand pit....sorry if too much info.

Im so confussed as my body is like clock work every month but this month nothing! 

Iv got sore nipples and head ache and dizzy this morning but apart from that i really dont feel any thing at all xxx 

But some thing inside of me is saying test this month xx

• I got a lot of ov signs last month, but absolutely nothing so far, either! By cd8 I'd ov'd last month, this month cd18 and I haven't, booooo!!  I went like a sand pit (HAHAA!!!) too 3 days ago, but seem to be back to how I should - I DON'T GET IT!!!!!  Had SO much sex too...seems sad the swimmers have gone to waste, booo image 

• WooH 

Lol that made me giggle coz i was thinking the same this morning poor little swimmers image

Snap this month we went for the every other day aproch and the odd jump during the day as partner was on holiday, but it does seem like we have wasted our time this month image

Im still dry as a sand pit lol its bugging me big time! My normalish time to ovulate is around cd13 ish or there abouts im now on cd22 and nothing image my cycles are around 24/26 days but last month i was at cd30 before af turned up xxx

• We've bd'd every friggin day for 2 weeks. I'm fine with the bd'ing, it's actually nice to get that intimate so often, but the whole not-wanting-to-waste-an-opportunity is bugging me. The moment we decide not to do it will be the day I ovulate and need the swimmers, haha! It's just so frustrating, isn't it? Just waiting for my temperature to go up then I can relax!!!! Argh!! We're almost exactly the same amount of day overdue on ov. I'll cheer your egg on if you cheer mine, ha! image

• Wooh im cheering on for ya babe!

We are the same as u the last few night iv been dtd 1 or 2 times and keeping other half on his toes so he never know when im gonna jump on him lol saddly he goes back yo work next week and knowing af is due saturday is kinda a pain in the butt as he will be working all hours for the next few months image

Really hope we get our sticky beans this month girlimage im so greatful i have my little boy but i so want to give him a brother or sister to grow up with xxx

Think im gonna test friday as with both my pregnacy and m/c i picked up before af was due xx

• Still no ov in sight for me. Absolutely gutted. Think I'm gonna stop charting everything other than my temp, costing a fortune in ClearBlue sticks and there's clearly no reason to be testing because I'm clearly not going to conceive this cycle. So peed off, everything worked fine last cycle. Cd19 now and nothing. Guess I'm out this cycle image 

• Oh babe image im on cd23 today of either a 24/26 day cycle feel as sick as any thing today and got a dodgy tummy feel like AF is gonna turn up today just got that feeling in my belly i always get a few hours before it starts image so i also think im out this month just glad i hadnt gone a got the hpt kit saved my self some money image 

• Did you ovulate this month? You never know, af-warning signs are pretty much the same as early pregnancy signs. Really hope you get it image Would make my month, anyway! If I can't get it, makes me smile when others do image xx

• I'm not sure babe I hope I did will find out in a few days time image
  • hello ladies , just a quick question as i am new to this .... do u count ur DC from last day of period or first?? iv just come off the pill after ten years and been getting lots of info from this site, im unclear on lots of things i had my last AF which ended 11th aug, today my CM was very clear and stringy as it says on here , could i be ovulating ???? im already learning the slang on here and learnt lots about my body too , any comments recieved would be sooooo welcome !! good luck to u all xx

p.s because ive only had one period since coming off pill in mid june ..... im unaware  how long my cycle is.... the AF i had in aug was my first one xx

• Hello!

Your cycle day 1 is the day your period starts properly, so not the day of spotting, but a proper flow. So cd1 is the first of your af, your last cycle day is the day before you next af.

It looks like you could be ovulating if your cm is like that. Cm like that can occur at different times of the month too, though, like just before af, but the timing of yours seems to be about right for ov. If you suddenly 'dry up', it's likely ovulation has happened. This is due to a rise in progesterone (stringy cm is caused by a rise in oestrogen, which drops after ovulation).  The best indication to know if you ovulated is by taking your temperature every morning at the same time right after you wake up. I take mine 6:30 every morning, even weekends (which then I take my temp, roll over and go back to sleep) - if your temperature rises quite a bit above the rest of your other temperatures and stays up there, then it's a good sign you've ovulated. Generally, temperatures during your period and before you ov are the lowest you'll get, they rise the day after you ovulate and remain high if you're pregnant, or drop if af comes.  It starts off as a bit of a faff but you get used to it. Check out Fertility Friend.com (there's a link to my chart under my name, if you want to see a 'work in progress').

Don't worry so much about cycle length so much, it might take a few months for your body to settle down. Just keep a track of your af and cm, and temperature if you fancy it, and you'll be able to work it out. 

The best thing I ever did was buy the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. You think there's a lot on here, but my goodness, that book is incredible. It tells you everything you could wish to know, and it's a bargain at about £12 (Amazon, I got mine from). It honestly opened up a whole new world. This site is great for checking up with things and twinned with that book, I feel I'm armed and ready to take on this ttc malarky. 

Good luck with your ttc journey and keep in touch image

• Let me know Sarah - keeping all crossed for you xxxx

• Tested this afternoon nothing image but I have ordered some ovulation strips for next month try them out xxx
  • Give it a few more days, you never know image xxxx

• No I defo think I'm out this month following the cervix check my cervixs is very low and hard and I'm sure ad is gonna hit me in the next 48 hours if not sooner.

How are you getting on babe? I tested with a first response and got nothing again today xx
  • Not getting on too well, unfortunately. Thought I ov'd two days ago, but started spotting yesterday. Unsure if it's just a v v light af or not, so slightly confused, and my temperature is confusing me too - one thermometer went up today, the other went down. Hmmm! 

Don't worry about your cervix - after ov, it drops again, so it doesn't really tell you anything image Stay positive, m'dearie, absolutely crossing everything for you, I really am!! xx

• WooH I'm out this month babe af arrived about 1 hour ago image heartbroken is an understatement but at least I know it's on wards and up wards for next month xxx

Are u still bleeding? I'm 2 days early was not due till Saturday but last month I was 4 days late lol but at least back to my 24 days that I was before my m/c xx
  • Oh no image Gutted for you. You felt so positive. Horrid how everything can just be dashed. I'm still bleeding but only slightly. (Tmi) Put tampon in for bed and this morning, it was barely touched really. Some reddish blood but mainly brown or pinkish watery. Still got cramps but not normal af cramps, more pulsing ones than really painful ones. Upset stomach and feeling a bit off it to be honest. None of this points to anything in particular but because I feel a bit ill, my body doesn't feel like it should with af. I don't have an appetite either which if it is af, I normally eat through the plate itself, so I think being off it has affected a lot really. Temp stayed up too this morning, so very confused :-/ urgh. xxx

• WooH, hun, could you be pregnant? xxx