Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Confused by Doctors advise when going for Pregnancy confirmation

Good Monrning all,

I got my BFP last week and was due my period last Friday it has not arrived however i have back pain & similar period cramping ?

I have done numerous of tests with faint lines, strong lines and digital confirmations out of all i had only one negative of about 10 tests I have attached the most recent test done saturday at 5am below.

However i went to my GP this morning hoping for a better result. I forgot my first sample of urine today so it was my third i had to use anyhow the test came up with really faint faint line ... the doctor was a bit off put but i had also brang my 1st responce from saturday see below.

He confirmed he thinks im pregnant as the levels of HCG are low but im very very early testing etc he did give me my follow on letter for the maternity hosiptal and took all details for file to be sent in for my appointment to be made by them

He has asked me to drop in 1st sample of urine this Friday just to be  " sure " im thought all these positives wld be 100% at this stage ?

Girls do you think there is a chance im not pregannt and he is covering his back or do you think its for his files only the 2nd test as 1st one done today very faint

Im sick with worry at this stage just want my final 100% BFP

Replies

• I think your def preg. They are prob just just checking to make sure your levels are going up. Sometimes when you find out really early your levels are really low and they recheck to make sure they go up. Best of luck to you. 

• Thanks Nicole, i appreciate your view some what feel better , I think your prob right they must be just doing 2nd for files the doctor wrote oout letter for Antenatal appointment and sent my file to the hospital we choose for care . pls god its just precaution xxxx

• I think your pregnant image Congrats & try & chill out hun x x

• cheers Laurababydust,

Its just a roller coaster of emotions as im sure your aware bath and bed 2nite relax

baby dust to you all xxxx

• Ye just try & relax as much as u can image Keep us posted Hun good luck x x

• You've pretty much said it yourself - it was your third wee of the day, so your levels won't be as strong. He's probably doing it because he has to tick boxes, but also to put your mind at ease - he'll had probably sensed that you were shocked so by saying for you to drop another sample in, it's like he's giving you another chance to go, "Here's my BFP!!!" and feel 100% better.

Don't worry. You got the initial bfp. Chill and enjoy it image 

• Hi bonnie

So sorry your doctor has made you feel like this but you are defo pregnant chick image

I know you tested early so can you help me please??

I am 12DPO and AF due on Friday.... I had a BFP with FMU today and defo faint positive (checked with nurse friend) and then later did another cheap test (same as first) and digital and both were negative ..... Please help - has anyone experienced this? Is it because only FMU has enough hormones at this early stage? I'm stressed now!!!!
  • Minnie, sounds like it's exactly that! First pee of the day has the highest concentration of hCG, so if a test done before af is due, chances are it will only show up with the first pee of the day. Test again tomorrow morning and see what happens then - with any luck the line should be darker than it was today. The lines might change over the day (tests are meant to be read within 5 minutes, usually, and results shown after that aren't to be taken as valid) but maybe take photos to compare image 

Congrats on your bfp - here's hoping for an even darker line tomorrow morning image Good luck! xx

• Thank you image

I did take pic straight away and it was defo there.

I'm so scared its a chemical preg??

xx
  • You won't know by just testing even if it is; a chemical preg would still show up on tests as preg. You'd only know by a scan.  Just test in the morning again and go from there image

• This morning is defo a positive x
  • Hey Minnie22,

Congratus im chuffed for you !!

Trust me i have done about 10 tests now all faint positives im only 17 dpo and gettign stronger lines now as for the digital to be honest i dont rate them i done 3 over last week and i got two positive results and one negative i dont think there as sensivite as the pink line ones... have you got a pic of your test ? soooooooooo pleased for you xx

Fac ur getting faint line on 12 dpo is right i was exact same faint line in morning and even fainter total squinter if i tested in afternoon ! My doc says yesterday its impossible to get a false positive no matter how faint it is. i asked him about this chemical pregnacny he says it does happen but very little and he reckons lot of women trying put to much thought into this he says to go with the days and ur test will get darker i tesed again this morning ( im addicted )  and i got a stronger test below is 14 dpo and 17 dpo even lower is my 12 dpo is your 12 dpo test similar xxx

10 - 12 days dpo  really faint

• Aw you have made me feel better!!!

So chuffed for you as followed your posts!!

Are you feeling happier?

Ill go on laptop now and upload pics .... X
  • Hey Minnie22

Yep upload asap dying to see the tests , god its so emotional and draining isnt , but  will get there when do you plan t see your doctor , when you testing again

have you any cramping like period cramping im still getting that but doc says its normal xxx

• Here are my tests ... the one with blue background (blue sofa) is yesterday at 12DPO and the one on white background is this morning at 13DPO. 

• A little bit of cramping - bad back ache, off sex completely, boobs don't hurt but feel fuller and feel sick this am.....

I'm going ti go to docs on Monday - hubby refuses to believe it until I actually miss period?! My last cycle which was first off pill was 31 dats, today is day 28 - not sure why he's so bothered about waiting for something!! 

I might test Friday or not bother as apparently once it's pos it's pos?! x

• Oh and upset tummy x

• Holy God Minnie22

There not faint ther very strong if you ask me !! only 12dpo & 13dpo there not squinters very visible

i think you should tell your hubby to start saving for your new bundle of joy as i think he or she is rightly nesteled into your uterous for next 9 mths

well done chuffed for you xxx

how long have you been trying xx

• Ha ha ha thank you - do you think they are .... I don;t know how a test should look!? 

This is my second month off pill, feel very very lucky. I used OPK's this month and did the SMEP too. 

What are your symptoms?

Are you feeling happier today? xx

• hey

I think there very dark there is a site called countdown to pregnancy and you can upload your tests and all tring comment on your test its great and great insight to just how light / dark / medium tests can be and a lot of women update there pics after seeing doctor with doctors positve have a look xxx

yep much happier today , its my 1st baby like you , get that book its gread called " what to expect when expecting " starts from trying to have a baby to concieving and details from week 1 of been pregannt all the changes in your body and emotions leaves no questions unanswered.

I dont feel sick as yet just very high sense of smell , i have big boobs more sore in the morning and have to adjust them when lying on stomach aslepp as pretty sore had really lower back cramps but easing off and similar period pain twinging and stuff but all supposed to be normal ,

have you startred taking your folic acid ???