Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Coming off Microgynon 30 and wanting to get pregnant

Hi,

I have recently stopped taking Microgynon 30, think i took my last pill around 23rd 26th September (cant remember the exact date). I bled on 2nd October, which was really heavy and this lasted for 4-5 days. I am trying to figure out if that was my period or a bleed from stopping the pill. I stopped the packet in the middle instead of waiting to finish as i didnt know that was what was best image.

I am trying.. for the first time ever to understand my ovulation in order to get pregnant. I was taking microgynon for 13 years. I am now 29 years old.

I have been looking online and am getting confused reading lots of different bit of information on the stopping contraceptive pill. If anyone could offer me some advice on understanding my cycle, ovulation etc i would be most appreciative image x

Replies

• It's normal to bleed straight after stopping. Class the first day of your bleed as cd1 and just wait for ur first normal period (if u get one). When I came off microgynon in 2008 after about 9 years I had a positive preg test 4 weeks after I stopped taking it so must have ovulated about a week after my bleed. This time when I came off femodene I had one 5 week long cycle ovulating around cd20 then got my bfp x gl x

• Thanks for the reply image

Sorry to sound stupid but whats CD stand for? So i count the first day of that bleed on October 2nd as a period for now? Wow you were so lucky both times!! image

x

• Sorry im silly cd is cycle day right? lol.   I was thinking of getting one of the clearblue monitors to help me understand my cycle and when im ovulating as it looks from online calenders with my bleed on 2nd October i have missed it for this month. image X

• Yeah that's right and you might not have. Depends when you ov. I brought ov sticks off eBay dead cheap and easy to use xx

• Looking online at the calenders they all say i have already ovulated image just going to buy a clearblue monitor to help me figure my days out. its so confusing x

• I would buy the ovulation prediction kits as I stopped Microgynon 30 in April and my first 3 cycles were 35 days, then my 4th was 41 days and my last one was 45 days and last month I ovulated on day 30...a lot later than I expected to so I use the OPK's.  I went to my Dr's as I was concerned about my cycles getting longer each month and she said that the pill would probably just be fully out of my body now (6 months later) but she is sending me for a scan to just rule out PCOS

I was on the pill for about 13 years x

• Yeah you can ov all over the place so e months may b early some later. Using some kind of monitor or kit is a good idea, temping and charting is useful too x

• Hi,

Sorry to intrude on the conversation, just thought I would put my experience across. 
    I came off Microgynon 18 months ago and been ttc since then :/
    It has taken a while for my cycles to get back to normal (became regular about 3 months ago), I also had severe acne breakouts after coming off the pill. Luckily this has calmed down and almost completely gone now which I think is due to my hormones getting back to normal. 
    I have also been taking Agnus Castus, whether its coincidence or not that my cycles have become regular I don't know, but I like to think I'm making a difference by taking them.
    I was on Microgynon for 6 years.

• Hi

I'm 25 and have been off microgynon for over a year of two now. I was on the pill for some 3-4 years continuously.

since coming off the pill I have had irregular periods. My partner and I have been trying to get pregnant for some time now and I have had no luck. When I saw a doctor, they checked my ovaries and was given the all clear. (Having healthy ovaries) I would have thought it would of happened by now.

Im so confused and becoming agitated. I don't know what to do, I have changed my diet, also taking pregnacare conceiving tablets to help.