Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC after coming off of Microgynon 30 pill

Hello ladies!

I am 23 and came off of Microgynon 30 pill last month, had my bleed from the pill and didnt start taking the next packet of pills - last period started 22nd January, was quite a light period too.

I had what felt like ovulation pains mid way through the month - pains in fallopian tubes.

Me and my boyfriend had sex quite a bit, as my sex drive seemed to increase LOADS! We had sex all over the weekend and then started getting the ovulation pains on the Sunday evening and had sex again during the week.

AF was due on Wednesday 19th - no sign yet but am getting dull aching pains down there and in my lower back - and also quite a bit of CM.

Absolutly hating this wating around! Just want my period to come back so I know for sure that I am ovulating and my periods are back to normal.

Was just wondering how long it took you ladies to get conceive after coming off of the Microgynon Pill?

Also, if you can still get period like symptoms but be pregnant?

Thank you! xxx

Replies

• My friend was on that pill. The last week of taking it she wasnt taking it properly. Missing a day or two and then the following week she stopped altogeather she fell pregnant!

Doctors tend to say when you come of the pill after a long time it can take upto a year just for your body to get back to normal and then fall pregnant but everyones different i guess.

Another friend of mine got pregnant roughly 5 months after coming off the pill and then years go when i was back at college there was a girl who had a baby and she said she fell pregnant just on the five day mini break.

Just keep trying image all you can do really x
  • i was on that pill for around 10 years, i came off it in June last year and was pregnant the next month!  over the years I sometimes went months without getting a period so understand your worry about wanting things to return to normal. I was the same, and wanted to come off the pill to let my body adjust and get back into a natural pattern.

But I also know people that have been on the pill and taken years to concieve, think it is different for everyone.

good luck xx

• Thank you both! image

I am just wondering if I need to do a pg test if AF doesnt start soon? Although it has only been two days over.

I have been feeling like I should be coming on my period any time and keep checking but its just CM!

The womans body is so confusing sometimes! hehe

xxx

• Theres no harm in taking a pregnancy test if it will make you feel better. Just buy one of the cheap tests. You could give it till Monday and if you still haven't came on then take one?xx
  • Just an update ladies, just done a test and came out negative! ???? it's so disappointing!

Now I just want my periods to come back to normal so we can properly start trying!

Xxx
  • Well I came on my period this morning, which is quite a good feeling at least my period has come back within the first month of coming off the pill!

Time to start babymaking ; )

xx

• Well at least you know when you will be ovulating. Hopefully baby making wont take too long!image x
  • I have just got my bfp after coming off this pill I was on it for 2 years and caught on our 2 month of trying so good look this will be your 1st proper period so should have a good clean out ???? good luck Hun xxxx