Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

trying for a gurl

Hi i am a mother of two boys and i am wanting to try for another baby sometime this year or next and would love to have a little.girl image any tips on how? Lol I know it's just luck of the Speen but no harm in trying image am I beat to try before or after period

Replies

• Sadly it will all come down to the 'faster swimmer' but there are some theories meant to help sway gender - How often you have intercourse during your fertile peak (usually the 5days following your period) can supposedly have an influence, you should DTD once only for a boy but more frequent for a girl....there are theories on food, eating more savoury foods for a boy & more sweet foods for a girl....there are theories on OHs body temp, he is more likely to produce male sperm at 37degrees body temp....then there is the Chinese Calender Theory which uses your age at conception paired with the month of conception to predict baby's gender....

Sadly there is no concrete evidence to support any of these actually working, some will have the 'matching gender' but alas not everybody.  Good luck TTC.image

• Apparently girl sperm are slower and longer lasting, so to maximise yr odds u should dtd a few days before ovulation and stop a couple of days before, so the girls have finished their journey already. However its all not proven lol and might mean u try to conceive that wee bit longer x
  • lol i dont know if there is any way to be sure to have a girl, i also would like a little girl as my sisters and my self all have boys, yet my mum only had girls......

but either way after last year il be happy to have either just a healthy happy baby xxxx

• Hi Lisa, have you see the book about how to determine the gender of your baby and conceive a boy or girl.

• Thanks for the replies ladies image I would be happy with either gender but would be nice to be able to buy pink lol I'm going to sound so stupid now but never quite understood the ovulation thing :/ with my last two I just did the deed lol so for trying or a girl or making the odds greater would it be a few days before your period or so many days after image thanks ladies xxx
  • Hi, of course it's difficult to predict baby's gender but I found some tips maybe they will be helpful http://saymommy.com/mom_1408_increase-chances-conceiving-baby-girl.html#.UwxQ2Pl_t8E good luck!