Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First af after miscarriage

Hello, I had a natural miscarriage 5 weeks ago I was 7 weeks pregnant but the baby had stopped growing at 5 weeks image. I thought I was getting af a week ago when I would have been due to get her but I only had very light spotting nothing even on a panty liner only when I wiped,  I have also had sore boobs and nausea so so I did a pregnancy test just to be sure which was negative. this is my first miscarriage is this normal??? TIA x

Replies

• Options
    Hi image I had exactly the same! And from that small bleed my periods have been very regular, I have a long cycle of 37 days! I believe it's totally normal to have that small bleed, then hopefully your periods should start being regular.

Hope you're feeling ok, I had my miscarriage at what I thought was 9 weeks and when I started bleeding the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks. It's heartbreaking image are you going to try and conceive again? Hope this helps xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply Amypea, yes we started trying a week after I stopped bleeding, hoping to get a Bfp again soon image did you conceive again after your miscarriage? I have two daughters from a previous marriage my youngest is 10. I'm 37 so hoping it doesn't take too long to get a Bfp again x
  • Options
    No problem image I hope you get your BFP again soon!

We are still TTC at the minute, on month 3 now and just got AF today image it's such a rubbish feeling! Hopefully it'll happen in the next few months xx
  • Options
    Hi Amypea I finally got af yesterday looks like we will be on the same cycle this month hopefully it will be our month xx
  • Options
    Ah that's fab news! It's good to feel normal isn't it? My other half is away working for three weeks starting next week so I'll be very lucky if it's my month lol just hoping it happens in the next few months!

Good luck to you! I'm taking a new approach of not thinking about it too much or checking when I'm ovulating every other day, it's sending me crazy and clearly not working! Lol xxx
  • Options
    Lol I have never checked wether or not I'm ovulating but I do get quite strong ovulation pains every month, I booked a break away for myself and the oh at the beginning of May so hopefully if I don't get my Bfp this month maybe I might get it after that image it took 5 months to get Bfp the last time hopefully it won't take any longer this time. How long have u been trying Amypea?
  • Options
    It's been four months since my miscarriage this month and we've been trying since then really. But my oh works away a lot and I've got long cycles so I think it might take us a while. I just can't wait to be pregnant again it was the best feeling in the world.

Ohh yeah a break away sounds good, good luck hopefully we will have our BFPs soon image xx
  • Options
    I feel the same I can't wait either I have just watched one born every minute, it always makes me want it even more. It must be hard with your oh working away. Hopefully we will both get our Bfp soon x image
  • Options
    Hi Alijo,

How're you this month? I tried the 'not thinking about it' method but it hasn't really worked so far lol it's impossible not to think about! According to my calender I ovulate on Wednesday/Thursday this week and we did the deed today (OH works away from today for 1 week so can't do the deed on ovulation day - very annoying!)

Desperate for my BFP! Any news with you? Xx
  • Options
    Hello Amypea hopefully u will catch the egg, I'm on cd 21 usually ov on cd13 but I was invited to a party tonight so decided to test today as I didn't want to drink if I could be pregnant and to my complete surprise I got a faint positive I'm going to test again in a day or two and see what happens image) If I am pregnant I must have ovulated early x
  • Options
    I have everything crossed for u amypea image
  • Options
    Aw wow that's fab news! So happy for you image I can't wait for my day...wow I'm jealous of your early ovulation days, it's awful waiting 5 weeks between each AF!

Keeping everything crossed this is a healthy 9 months for you xx
  • Options
    Thanks Amypea I couldn't wait until tomorrow to test so tested today the fmu test didn't work there wasn't even a control line so I did another test but it wasn't fmu and it was negative even tho yesterday's test definitely had a line image so I'm not sure what's going on, I'm going to test again in the morning. I usually have a 27 day cycle so it's pretty short, and I usually ov on cd13 but I didn't actually think I ov this month as I didn't get ov pains which I usually do. Hopefully we will both get our Bfp this month
  • Options
    How are you Amypea?
  • Options
    Hi Alijo,

I'm good thanks image currently on CD35 and due AF in about three days, getting terrible AF pains so definitely don't think it's my month.

How's things with you? Did you test again? Xxx
  • Options
    U never know, I will still keep my fingers crossed for u, I am 5 weeks now, I did about 6 tests I think the last one was as dark as the control line so I stopped testing. I had spotting for 5 day which was only a tiny bit when I wiped but was scary, it was when af was due so I'd say it was breakthrough bleeding ( I hope) . I rang the epu they are going to scan me on the 14th of May so hopefully I might be able to relax a bit after that
  • Options
    Aw that's fab news image yeah it's a scary time now but I'm sure everything will be perfect for you.

Been 4 months of trying for me now...hope BFP hurrys up! X
  • Options
    Thank you image I hope it hurries up for u too x I was trying for 5 months the first time, I was surprised I got this Bfp soo soon x
  • Options
    Did you have any symptoms Alijo? I was due AF either yesterday or today and no signs at all I don't have any AF pains anymore...but at the same time I don't really feel pregnant :/ I suppose I feel a bit sleepy and weeing a bit more but I don't know whether I'm just thinking about it lol not going to test until Saturday morning so I'm definitely sure xx
  • Options
    My boobs were a bit sore but that was about it, I still don't really have any symptoms but then I didn't get morning sickness at all with my two daughters either. I really hope you get your Bfp I don't know how u have the willpower to wait to test, I tested before I was due af I have no willpower at all. Let me know how you get on on Saturday x