Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

ovulation test strips

Hi, was just wondering about ovulation test strips. . I have never really known when I ovulate so this month decided to start using them. . I tested day 4 after Af and nothing day 8 2 lines appeared so I know that is classed as negative then on day 9 just after lunch and got a strong positive image but then that evening a faint lines again a negative then again on day 10 at lunch time again a faint line. ... me and my partner DB on day 8 and 9.. my question is, is it possible to ovulate on day 9 if so did we do the deed at the right time. Xx

Replies

• Hi huni from what iv picked up it depends on the length of your cycle, also iv been told by the ladies to test the same time each day i think they say the best time to test is between 10am and 2pm.

My cycles where short before my m/c and i would get positive lines around cd11, what tests are you using?

• I started using ov sticks on my last cycle. I got strong positives three days in a row but was testing more than once each of those days and only got a positive once on each day. It really depends on the concentration of urine I think. Also, some women may only have one short LH surge. It sounds to me that you may have done the deed at the right time. However, don't forget that ov stick only predict ovulation and don't actually confirm it. From a positive they say you should ov 12-36 hours later, so you may have needed to carry on doing the deed for a couple more days depending on when you ovulated following the surge.

The only way to confirm ovulation has actually taken place is with charting your basal body temperature. 

Last cycle I did both BBT and ov sticks. I had 3 days of positive LH surge readings at lunchtime each of those days and then ovulated on 4th day. Although didnt get a bfp this time image

Hope this helps a bit. x

• I couldn't get on with ov sticks & started to panic that i wasn't ovulating at all. Doc did a blood test which confirmed i was. Then i bought a cbfm which shows every month i ovulate like clockwork. I got mine off ebay for about ??80 with sticks. I know the cbfm monitor & sticks are on offer in boots at the moment.
    I'm yet to get my bfp but that is due to hubs low sperm count but i feel the cbfm was worth the money to put my mind at ease.

hope that helps xxx

• I just bought 20 strips from Amazon, I'm not really sure about my cycles as I had the implant out on January 14th but only had my first period on Saturday 1st March (53 days later)  and it only lasted for 2 and half days. Bugger I told my man we needed to also give it ago last night but he fell asleep image I suppose I will just have to wait and see image

Thank you so much for your replies and will keep this thread updated.

xxx

• Good luck Janice! 

• Well im 8 dpo today. . When would anyone suggest I do a pregnancy test.. I have been having like a mini stich on my right hand side just above my groin today nothing Major but is noticeable. . What symptoms did anyone else have 8dpo? Xxx
  • Hi huni some people are luck enough to get a bfp (very faint) at 9dpo i have never its always been 11dpo or more but every one is different, i would use first response if your testing early, the pink dye ones x

• Hey guys... After some advice please along a similar theme. I wanted to start tracking my ovulation this month to see how my body is doing following the miscarriage last month. I had a period recently and today based on that would be CD 12. I took a test this morning... Which was negative... But then read that you shouldnt do OPK's 1st thing so did another one at 4pm... The test line at 4pm was barely there whereas the test line this morning was definitely there... Just lighter than the reference line... Is this normal?? I cant imagine that I ovulated already & have missex it this month as I'm only on day 12 but I just dont know! any advice?? Thankyou!

• Hi,  I only started with the the strips this cycle and I only started testing on CD8 as that was when they arrived in post and I'm impatientimage... I glad I did as I had strong positive on day 9 tested between 10-4pm which I have been told is the best time, however my surge only lasted that afternoon..and have just had faint lines (negative) since, Im on 9DPO and holding out testing until 14DPO. Struggling with temptation though.image I do think it is possible to ovulate that early as I'm sure I did. To be honest I dont think you are supposed to do the tests first thing so fingers crossed you havent missed it. Good luck image xxx

• Thankyou Janice! That's good to know... I will start tesing earlier next month I think to be on tge safe side

• Thankyou Janice! That's good to know... I will start tesing earlier next month I think to be on the safe side

• Bloody caved in this morning and tested with a co-op own brand test and it was negative (don't think I'm that surprised but horrible seeing no line though)... why can not just be patientimage I still have my fingers and toes crossed and hope the negative result was just because I tested too early..image anyone else had a negative 10dpo then went on to have a positive.. maybe I'm clutching at straws this month but would love to hear other ladies stories image. xxxx

• Sorry for yet another post. . I'm confusing myself i think. . :/ i ovulated early at 9 days this month, however because of that I'm 11dpo BUT still 9 days before af is due.. When would be a reasonable time to test as i have heard people getting there bfp on 11dpo but I'm still 9 days before my af????? Any advice anyone please..xx Thanks. XxI
  • I said I would keep this thread updated.. so 13dpo today wasnt going to test until tomorrow but yes I'm impatient so I did. .. im still sceptical but got a faintest of lines on my pregnancy test image so faint though I thought my eyes were deceiving me. I shouted my man to come upstairs and I gave him the 2 test, I clearly negative and this mornings one and even he said he could defo see a faint line on today's test.

.So as of today im going to say I got my

FFP (faint fat positive) as I'm still a little

dubious to put it as a BFP.. the only

symptoms I have had up to now is on day

8/9dpo I had like a light stich pain and on day 10/11/12dpo and today I have had a really horrible taste in my mouth and a very dry mouth. .

I'm hoping my positive will be a stronger positive in a couple of days. . My fingers and toes are tightly crossed. Xxxx
  • Oh wow thats fab mine where very faint when testing early keeping every thing crossed for you xx

• Yay!! Very happy for you!! So exciting!! image.

• Aww Thank you ladies image iI have gone and bought a first response today so going to do it either tomorrow or monday image sarah when I say faint I mean very faint haha..SW2 How's everything going for you? This is my first cycle of trying so I'm still a bit worried about it all. . Xxxx
  • Im still using the opk's (now on cd 17) but still no surge... Im worried that my miscarriage will have messed up my body... Ive done what i know i shouldnt & googled the subject to death but it does seem that for many women their cycles are messed up or even that they have anovulatory cycles for a while afterwards! image. I would love to get pregnant again asap but right now im in limbo... I know i cant control what my body does but at least if i knew what was going on (if i am ovulating & when) i think i would feel a lot less stressed out about it! image.

We'll get there! Im going to keep using the opk's for now incase i ovulate late ( not that it'll help with getting pregnant this cycle as hubby is away for 2 weeks ) & then next cycle i will start using them straight at the end of my period incase it comes early like you suggested.

keep us posted Janice after you take your next test... Excited to hear how you get on! image

• i know what you mean janice mine where so faint i could see them but when i tried to put a pic up on here it couldnt be seen very well xxx

• Gutted... don't really know what to think!! did another test yesterday 14DPO a different brand and NOTHING!! imagethe very faint line is still on my original first one 13 DPO but I threw it in the bin now as I kept looking at it.. but I think my hopes have now been dashed with the second test being negative.. my AF is due this Sunday so just going to see now if she arrives image I think after seeing a few posts on here that it looks like I'm out this month.. never mind I have only been trying since I had my implant out in January and this is the first month I have used ovulation tests so going to keep trying and just enjoying trying image.xxx