Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Getting pregnant after the removal of Mirena!

Hi all! I am new to this sort of thing.. but I have a burning question on my mind! I had the Mirena IUD put in on June 27th 2012. It was put in while I was on my period. After the insertion, I didn't have a period after that. I had it removed on Feburary 26th, 2014. I had it removed because I had two cysts and a slight infection from the IUD. I then started ten days of antibiotics and was checked for anything further. Nothing came back so all was well. Three days after the removal (March 1st 2014) I started having light bleeding for two days only. On March 21st, my boyfriend graduated from the Navy basic training. So being two months without each other, we had sex. It was unprotected both times we did. The first time he tried pulling out but he wasn't quite fast enough and the second time, he didn't tell me until 5 minutes after he was done. Now my question is, can I be pregnant? I mean, I really hoping I am!! It has only been 5 days since the unprotected intercourse. I have been feeling slightly funny lately. Frequent urination, constipation/gassy, weird dreams, slight cramps here and there..very dull not menstrual cramps, and today I had experienced light nausea and a slight fullness down in the uterus area. I am just curious to know what others think! And when would I be able to test? Give me all opinions!!