Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ttc new to all this

Hi Ladies, Myself and my partner stopped using anything in January this year and have been TTC (only abbreviation I know!). I have always been sort of irregular but never tried to track them and have noticed it's around about 6 weeks in between. My last one was April 1st (no joke) and since then I've had tender boobs, constipation and really bad acid reflux. I've also been really tired but I'm working full time, a cub leader and going to college right now so linked that to being exhausted. The way I've calculated it I should be due around now but have had no period symptoms at all. I don't want to test as I don't want to get my hopes up given that I can be iregular. Is or has anyone been in any similar situations? Or can offer any advice at present re symptoms? If it doesn't arrive by about the 7/8 week mark or if the symptoms continue ill do a test but I'd rather that as a last option! Thanks in advance xx

Replies

• Hey...

Were also (me and hubby) TTC however i only took my last pill on 18th april had my usual bleed for 5 days ... obviously nothing else yet AF wise but not sure what to expect 2bh ... have seen other posts about acne/weight gain/pains etc...

However over last week or so have had lots of stomach things same as u as well as bad acid reflux and exhausted all the time ... usually up at 6am do chores etc full of beans ... over last week I've got up at 6 with hubby but when he goes to work i have had a seat on the sofa for five mins which turns into falling back to sleep for like another 90 mins!!!! Soooo not like me... but coz my belly been funny it has had me up at 3/4am so think it could just be linked to that ... but also feeling very bloated...

However am fully aware by reading peoples posts that we can bring on symptoms of being pregnant as we so want it... 

Also coz i was on the pill for 16 years without a break i also know that could have many side affects ... so in conclusion ... I'm clueless ...

So prob not much help for you hun... but didn't want to read and run type ... image xxx

• Hey Girls, Go on, do a test........ x x x good luck x x x

• Thanks ladies! I'll give it another wee bit before I check I think.

Like you babybluewolf I think I may be noticing more because I do want it. I do tend to have acid reflux but can link it to things I've ate but I've not ate anything that triggers it and it's almost every day to the point I think is it that or do I feel nauseous? Good luck to u anyway ???? xx
  • Hi Tess, literally don't have a clue about ovulation at all but I'll have a look at that link later thanks.

Going to give it another few days before testing, figure that would give the most accurate result. As I say I don't want to be too eager.

All symptoms still exist plus I'm having really interrupted sleep as well, poor concentration and no appetite (this is huge for me!)

Thanks for the reply xx
  • Well ladies, no change in symptoms apart from my tolerance of other people is wearing thin and my sense of smell is picking up everything!

So, tonight is the night I'll do my test. Keep ur fingers crossed for a bfp xx
  • Good luck x x 

• Well after reading other people's big symptoms with no result I got myself all worked up that I wasn't going to be. One test later and it's a very strong positive. Have another two so I'll double and triple check but yep bfp! Xx
  • Huge congratulations image x x x x