Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby dust to all...Fingers crossed for a BFP

HI everyone,

I thought I would start a new thread as I couldn't really see one similar that was still active. When I first started TTC I used to post on a similar thread to this but I think most of those ladies are now pregnant so thought it would be nice to start a new one. 

I'm 27 (nearly 28), oh is 27 and we are TTC our first. We've been married for almost three years. I was on the pill for about 12 years so hoping that won't make things too difficult. 

I stopped taking the pill (microgynon) in august last year and started TTC. I had veeerrry long cycles at first, which are starting to shorten now (but still quite long). In November we had to stop ttc, due to change of job and location but have just started again, now that oh and I are settled in our new jobs.

We Bd'd on 14/5 and then I think I ovulated on 15/5, so I'm now on 7dpo today. I'm now driving myself crazy wondering if by some miracle we've caught on our first re-attempt!! I have mega sore BBS (which I usually get before AF but not until around 9 dpo), a bit of stomach cramping, had the weirdest dreams last night and have just started getting some creamy cm (I normally get no cm between ov and AF) . 

What does anyone else think? I think I'm going to test in the morning. 

Please feel free to write a bit about yourselves and your situation so we can all share symptoms, go through the 2ww etc together and just generally chat image

X

Replies

• Options

Hi Mrs U

I'm 33 and my husband is 42 (married for 9 yrs) and we are TTC no 3! I have 2 boys aged 2 and 6.

Have been TTC since september 2013, since stopping the pill in August.

Currently mid cycle - my husband thinks its xmas with all the extra attention he is having in bed at the mo!

Good luck and update us if you test.

Your mind plays tricks on you when you are in 2WW - every time i think i was pregnant did a test (neg) and then AF showed next day. Makes you feel stupid that you have wasted a test.

xxx

• Options

Hi babiseren, 

Oh so we stopped taking the pill at the same time. Have your cycles gone back to normal? Mine are still around 40 days image

Yes, this week has gone INCREDIBLY slowly... I am only testing tomorrow as I am away this weekend so don't want to drink if I'm pg. I don't have any glaringly obvious symptoms but just a few strange things!! I so hope I am pg but just don't think I'd be that lucky to fall on the first attempt at TTC again. 

X

• Options
    Hi ladies

can i join... im 35, oh is 47 eek! We are currently ttc no 2 have been for around 18 months on and off, we have 1 ds who is 4.

My cycles are pretty regular between 28 & 32 days, im on day 26 today and just know af is on her way got the tell tale stomach cramps.

Looking forward to getting to know u all over the coming months hopefully our stay on this forum will be short and we can all jump over to the pregnancy one together xxxx
  • Options

Hey cool a new thread kept commenting on really old threads lol... I'm 30 and came off the pill in april ttc first baby however was on the pill 16 years image so don't expect anything soon although my body has been giving me many pregnancy symptoms ATM lol ... due on af on Monday ... We shall see ... Good luck ladies nice to chat to people going through this excitement image 

• Options

Hi all

Nice to meet you.

my cycles seem to be around 28 days.

Have been using cheapie OPK from internet but don't think i have been using them properly or at the right time so I haven't been using them for the past couple of months.

My first son was conceived by surprise and did not realise i was pregnant ustil the xmas turkey cooking in the oven made me feel ill (love the smell usually) so took a test to prove mys husband i ws no pg - and got the shock of my life.

I suffered a MC in August 2010 very early as i did not know i was pregnant ( i sound really thick don't I?!) then I got pregnant again with my son in Oct 2010.

has anyone used cheapie OPK and can offer some advice?

Have been taking sanatogen mum to be vits aswell.

thanks

• Options
    Hi ladies

well im out this month..af got me a day early making it a 27 day cycle never had one that short before, oh well onwards and upwards must try harder next month lol xx

hows everyone else getting on....anyone ready to test xx
  • Options

Got to wait till tues/we'd to yest as predictor thing says be too early otherwise... Longest wait ever ... 

• Options
    Hi ladies,

I am currently 24 weeks pregnant but just wanted to comment on a few bits image

It took me 7 months to conceive and I had been on Microgynon about 13 years. My cycles when I stopped the pill averaged about 44 days which was very frustrating! I started taking Agnus Castus as recommended by a lady on this site (herbal tablet) and my cycles immediately settled at 32 days so I would definitely recommend it image

I also used cheap OPK's from Amazon and at first I thought they were rubbish as I never had a positive but I realised I was doing them at the wrong time. I would say to start doing them as soon as AF has finished and continue until you get a positive (mine ended up being about day 19). I used to do mine after work so about 5pm but as soon as I got a hint of a line I would start doing two a day....one about 11am and then the other about 5-6pm and I evebtually got my positive image

Good luck ladies with TTC and hope you all get your BFP soon!

Angela x
  • Options
    Hi everyone

So i tested yesterday and got bfn, which i was expecting to be honest. I wasn't too disappointed as we hadn't started properly really, just happened to bd around ov. But we will be starting properly once af has been and gone. Dh will be happy, lol!!

teacup - sorry af got you, fc for next month.

baby blue wolf - what are your cycle lengths like after coming off the pill? My first cycle was about 8 weeks long i think!!!

babiseren - i used opks when i was first ttc. Like ang says, try to use them in the afternoon and try not to drink or wee for a couple of hours before you test.

ang - do you remember me from before? I was in the long cycles and levi pinks thread with you. I kept checking back occasionally to see how you were getting on and was so pleased to see you got your bfp image. A question about agnus...did you use it the cycle you fell pg? I have some but am worried about things I've read about mc. I took some after we stopped ttc and had my shortest ever cycle...so maybe i should start taking it again?

xxx
  • Options
    Hi MrsU,

Yes I remember you image

No I didnt take it the month I fell. I took it for about 3-4 cycles as it shortened my cycles after just the first month and I actually wanted to see if I stopped taking it whether my cycles would go back to 40+ days and they never did so I stopped taking it image I believe its worth taking for a couple of cycles to shorten cycles. I found ttc hard work when my cycles were 7 weeks long as I felt I only had half as many chances in a year of conceiving than someone with a 28 day cycle.

Good luck! I shall keep stalking this thread image x
  • Options
    Hi ladies - I'm new here! Wondering if anybody has experience of implantation bleeding - I fear I may have had an early miscarriage image... I had light spotting last starting Thursday (9 days ago and almost a week before my period was due) which has been sort of brown with some slight red when wiping. On the 7th day of spotting up to present I've had cramping, back ache, some nausea and sensitivity to smells. I've also developed a cold and feel run down. I'm now 5-6 days late on my period however last night the spotting got heavier and I saw some darker 'fresh blood' and have put a tampon in to monitor. (Sorry for too much info). I have taken clearblue digital this morning which was negative and had a preg test at docs last week - also negative. Partner and I have been TTC and have had sex throughout the month including the day before I started spotting (last weds - 10 days ago). Any advice/ experience stories would be so welcome and gratefully received ! To the ladies above - Hope all turns out positively. Bec x
  • Options
    Hi mrs u

Sorry u got a bfn...maybe its still a bit early how many dpo are u?

Ive got to focus a bit more next month, ov always seems to fall when im working so end up being too tired to do anything also oh goes to bed early because he has to get up at 2.30am for work so its making it difficult to get the timing right .

Hope everyone else is well xx
  • Options

Hi everyone,

Hi bec, I have never had implantation bleeding (as have never been pg!!) but have thought I have a few times. From what I've read it varies so much from person to person. I think in most it is just pinky-brown spotting but for some it can be heavier. Also, pregnancy symptoms can be very similar to the build up to your period, so it really could be either! Has anything happened since you posted? Do you chart your temperatures because that would help give an indication...I find it really helpful. It does sound strange though...I guess it might have been an early miscarriage but could it be a late period instead? Are your cycles usually quite regular? 

Teacup - I hope you have more luck this month with your timings and manage to fit bd'ing in at the right time. What say of your cycle are you on?

I am on cd3 today, AF started earlier than expected on Sunday, confirming my bfn from Friday. I have started taking agnus castus again, following Ang's success with it...hopefully that'll bring my ovulation forward a couple of weeks and sort out my cycles. 

How's everyone else? Baby blue wolf? Babiseren? 

X

• Options

Hi all

sorry to see af has arrived Mrs U xx

I am currently on CD 21 period due 4 june.

No symptoms whatsoever - tempted to buy more OPK so i can start tracking.

Thanks AngWass for advicexx

Any news babyblue wolf?

How is everyone else?

• Options

Hey I was due af sunday so tested tuesday with a cheap dollarstore one and it was negative (hehe trying to justify the BFN in hope lol) but add still not here yet and all symptoms so putting it down to stressing about wanting a BFP that af still not here image ... 

Hows everyone else? Also is anyone else obsessed with watching pregnancy shows films lol ... trying to add more baby dust to myself haha xx

• Options
    Hi everyone.

Well im cd 7 today so was hoping to start bding over the weekend but had to go to the doctors this morning as kept feeling faint/light headed and being sick, turns out ive got a inner ear infection so have some antibiotics to take which then usually means i end up with thrush image .. so looks like there wont be much baby making going on over the next few days.

Babybluewolf- sorry u got a bfn but its not over till af arrives, will keep everything crossed for u xx

Babiseren- not too long then to wait to see if u get ur bfp, are u going to test soon xx

hope everyone else is well xx
  • Options
    Hello Ladies I'm new here. I'm 40 & my partner is 41 and we are ttc number 4. Am 9dpo today so have been testing, very early I know but can't help myself. This is our 3rd month trying. Babydust to us all xxx hope we get our bfp's very soon.
  • Options

Hi everyone,

Babiseren - have you had any symptoms yet?

Babybluewolf - has AF arrived or are you still waiting? Have you tested again?

Teacup - we are similar this month as I am on cd9 today. I'm taking agnus castus this month so will hopefully ovulate a bit earlier than normal but have realised it was a silly time to start taking it again as dh is away for a few days around the time I think I will ov, so I've pretty much already counted myself out this month image oh well, bring on July!!!

Hi blueclio - welcome image have you tested again since Thursday ? Fc for you.

Bec - how are you? I think I saw on another thread AF had arrived image 

X

• Options
    Hi all I tested yesterday and got my bfp image we are over the moon image will be a feb baby which is the month our 2 boys were born. Good luck to everyone and hope to see loads of bfp's very soon. Babydust to all xx
  • Options
    Hi there, im new.can I join? Im the same age 27 (28 on the 8th of june.we have a daughter aged 3 in july & r ttc for number 2.been off mycrogynon since july 2013.my cycles r long too.varying from 32 to 42 days.my last one was 56 days.i kept taking lots of tests.shame on me.im not sure wen I ovulate but I av a tracker that tells me.i might use the ovulation sticks this month. Hope u all get a bfp very soon.sending you all baby dust xxx