Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

When will be my ovulation day on 60days cycle?

Hi everyone, My last cycle was 60days which was on the 17th of July.So I will expect my next due is 17th of September. Before off the pill my period was around 30-35 days and I'm so stress on when it become shorter. I and my husband are trying to conceive and I'm thinking when should be my ovulation day? I start to test ovulation stick from today but see a very very faint line.I really scare I will not ovulate at all,almost crying image

Replies

• Ovulation is usually 14 days before AF is due. If I were you I'd get a big stock of cheap OPKs and test daily until you get a better idea of how long your cycle will be as coming of the pill will effect it. a faint line probably means you'll ovulate in the near future. The line should get darker each day until it's as darker or darker than the control. Fingers crossed for you xx

• There's no way to tell without testing, Ammika. I had a 63 day cycle, ovulating on day 21, and a 30 day cycle ovulating on day 8. Unfortunately, what your period was like when you were on the pill is absolutely no clue as to what it might be like after - after all, when you're on the pill, you're being controlled by hormones and it's not a proper af anyway. Like FaithRyan says above, ovulation test strips can work well (they never worked with me, but I like to think I'm the unluckiest person in the world!).

Taking your temperature is a BRILLIANT way, though. If you visit Fertility Friend, it gives you tutorials on how to do this and it really does work. The bad thing is you can't predict ovulation using Fertility Friend but it does help you track everything and you know for definite if you have ovulated based on your temperatures. It also starts to work out patterns/predictions for you. If you click the link under my signature, you can see my current chart there and from there, you can see the rest of the site. It sounds like a pain, taking your temperature the same time every morning before you've got out of bed, but it becomes easy and just part of the routine. Honestly is the best thing I ever did. It gives you a bit of ownership of your cycle as well, because you can see it happening written down, rather than doing guess work.

There's also a book, costing about £12, called 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' which is incredible and worth every penny. I got mine from Amazon - it's like a bible to trying to conceive and has all about charting in there. Well worth it. 

Good luck!

• Hi faithryan,

I really scare if my body not ovulate at all.If I can change the past,I would not took the pillimage..

I test one around 12PM and one more around 8PM, I don't want to missed a surge..

I really pray god will give me a gift soon
  • Hi Wooh,

I don't know how to do fertility friend but I will learn.

Your body ovulate very early in each cycle..

Finger cross I got dark positive soon image