Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone fancy testing some pregnancy tests for us?

Hello. 

We're looking for people who are actively trying to conceive who'd be willing to try out some pregnancy test kits for us here at MFM HQ.

We've noticed lots of posts here recently about some 'early-result' pregnancy tests that may be giving false positive results – and we'd like to conduct a little test to see how common this really is.

We're looking for a small (but perfectly formed!) group of women who'd be willing to put three pregnancy tests through their paces every morning for the 5 days leading up to the day when their period would be due.

We'd send you the tests for free.

All you'd have to do is dip each one in your wee each morning, mark the result on a chart, and send us a pic of the (weed-on) test stick.

If you'd be up for being one of our testers – and please only volunteer if you reckon you can handle the possibility that you might see a positive result one day and a negative one the next – then just post on this thread, telling us (roughly) when your next period is due.

Thanks so much! 

Replies

• I'm happy to do it :)

• Oh and period is due 19th(ish)

• Yay! Thanks so much, supersquish. I remember you posting about your frustration with a certain pregnancy test recently, so it's great to have you on board!

Anyone else up for this?

• I would but I'm in Australia so prob rules me out. I'm due AF just after supersquish. Xx

• I didn't you were in Australia, Gen82UK. You should change your name to Gen82Oz immediately!

I'll check with the holders of the pregnancy test bundles to see if we could get them out to you in time - you never know, it might be possible.

We're going to post about this on some of the other TTC threads on here but, if you can think of anyone else who might like to give this a go, do please nudge them towards this thread for us. We'd be ever so grateful.

• Just moved to Oz 4 weeks ago so not even thought about changing my name here yet... xx

• Wow, what a big move! Has it gone OK? Bet it's a bit warmer there than here image

Our pregnancy test organiser's just checking the posting delivery times and, as it's getting close to Christmas, we don't think we can get the tests to you over there in time. Really sorry.

Can you think of anyone else on the Cezarette thread who might be up for this?

• Hello, we're not trying til after Xmas would this be too late? X

• Assuming you will need my address!? Lol don't think it's in my profile... X

• Hello Ccme: thanks for posting. The person who's organising the testing isn't in the office right now, so I can't answer you question - but I think it might work if you're testing in Jan. I'll find out and let you know on Monday.

And yes, supersquish: we'll need your address - we'll PM you early next week and make sure we have all the right details.

• I don't mind helping out. I'm due on the 31st. Where are y'all located? 

• Hi Helen 

not for me as iv just had Harry and his only 6 weeks old now but my best mate and her partner are ttc and she said she would be very happy to try :)

she doesn't have Internet apart from her phone so is using my account until she is up and running online which will be just after Christmas xxx

• Thanks Baby dreamer, that's great. Are you based in the UK?

And gosh sarah rowland2, you gave me a shock! I saw your name as the last poster as thought, 'Blimey, she's never TTC already?' 

But yay, it's fantastic that your best mate's up for helping us out! Could you drop me a PM when you have a mo and I'll get her details from you?

• Happy to do this we are in second month of ttc 3rd baby for me 1st for my OH 

Let me know if I can help. 

• Oh period due 28th.

• Ooh, that would be brill, cupcakemummy! Thanks so much.

We'll PM you about this early next week, if that's Ok?

• Look forward to hearing from you Helen

• I'm happy to help  due 26th x

• Pmd you Helen xx

• Mimmi: that's brilliant - thank you so much! We'll be in touch with details and stuff early next week - probably by PM, to begin with.

sarah rowland 2: got your PM - thank you - and have replied :)