Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

This emotional rollercoaster after a miscarriage!

Nov. 2014 I had a miscarriage was about 8 weeks. Every time I see a baby, hear a baby cry and see friends sharing their exciting news. I feel so terrible and depressed. I used to get emails about my babies progress had to delete that. It helps I have a great partner but some things I don't share.We are trying again. The feelings of sadness and depression are still there is that normal?

Replies

• Ive seen a lot of posts online that all say something along the lines of "I didn't just have a miscarriage - my baby died". 

we lost our baby at the beginning of this year - it was the first time I had been pregnant and the baby was so so wanted.

that will always be our first, and we will remember it every due date, and may other days. 

i think, to sum up - yes. It's normal to be low and devastated and sad. i also think while our partners grieve too, and support us and struggle as well, we have had different experiences to them and we will take time healing differently. Praying for you sister x

• Also if your depression is over taking you, it might be good to see a counsellor. Xx

• Thanks pixicato. Its getting better and I do have a lot of support from my partner. 

• I had a mc at 15wks in July and that was hard as we saw the baby and took him home to be berried with his brother and he should of been born 14th Jan and my brother had there little boy 15th Jan so that has been hard even going to see there baby was hard yesterday I feel bad for feeling like that but can't help it is also had a mc dec14 and I've found out I'm pregnant again straight away and it's not easy I'm petrified it will get easier but there is nothing wrong with feeling sad I still do. 

• Thanks murf

I'm sorry for your losses its not an easy deal. I think its because we become so attached with emotions it makes it harder to let go. I will pray that your pregnancy goes well. Bless you sweetie.

• I know how you all feel.  I had a mc at 6 weeks last may.  We went to the hospital and see our little speck that was our baby just before it all happened.  Due date was 7th January and a few days before what would of been my sister then announced she was pregnant.  Its so hard especially when all of your friends have either had babies or are pregnant and its something that we have wanted for so long.  I have a 7 year old daughter with a previous partner but we just want a family of our own xxx

• That was ment to be 6 year old daughter not 7 just realised my finger must of pressed on the wrong one xxx

• I know it's hard and I still have those lost feelings when I see a pregnant woman or a baby. Best of luck to you hun hope you see that plus sign or two lines soon. 

• Thank you and you 2, hopefully we will both get our BFP's soon  xxx