Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to concieve for 8 months

hello,

i have never been on these forums before but thought i needed some support and advice from other ladies also trying to concieve, i dont really have anyone to talk about this stuff with! 

It took 2 years to fall pregnant with my 1st born son (daughter a happy supprise) and i am praying it won't take that long again for baby number 3, however i am currently on my 8th month trying, 2dpo at the min.

anyone out there want to be ttc buddies & support each other through this Journey? 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

Replies

• Hi, 

I'm not quite in the same boat but I would love a buddy!.

I came off the pill recently after 10 years and a solid 8 year relationship we made the decision to start trying, with age on our side we thought it would be a doddle and even planned holidays around predicted dates thinking I would fall straight away - 4 months later and every period that goes by a huge disappointment.

This month is the closest I have been to thinking this was it however I have started to bleed which I thought maybe implantation and still is not yet in full swing after a faint line Ptest I do expect it to come any day. Ive purchased the ovulation strips which we plan to use next month. Nobody knows were trying so although I feel like a very desperate women speaking to people on here your the only people who know what were going through!!.

Best of luck x

• Hi Alba!

thank u for responding.

fingers crossed this is your month!! But if not then we can go through ovulating,dtd and tww together.

i hope more people join so we can all be a support. No-one knows we are trying again either, just hoping i amnot doing this for another 16 months like my first! 

Keep updating & let me know if you got a bfp or the dreaded AF x

• Hey, can I join you?

ttc number 1, in my first proper cycle since coming off the pill back in December - it took me 8 weeks to have a period and i'm now in my TWW of this first cycle. Think i'll be due af in about a week....but also know my cycles might take a few to regulate.

So i'm really new to this but would love people to talk to - haven't told anyone we are trying either!

• Hi Joyruu, Welcome!!

Best of luck ttc..fingers crossed for you for this month!!

i am due on in 10 days, so in my tww also. No symptoms yet except my boobs are only slightly sore! Really want this to be my month..can't wait to feel pregnant again! 

Any symptoms for you? 

• I hope its your month too!

I have backache and feel a tad sick, but I get this before AF too (why do the symptoms have to be the same!). Only slight difference is that I've had some twinges and pinching. Sometimes think my mind is playing tricks!

• Yeah i don't trust my body at all!! Previous months i could have sworn i was pregnant, had every symptom going, but nope!! Strange what our minds can do! 

• Alba, how are u? did AF come full force or has it stopped? X

how are you Joyrou? Any symptoms? 

nothing really for me? Just slight sore boobs still x

• Hi Ladies!!

My period came image

I have no children which is why I am struggling so much because I don't know what to expect. Today is my first full flow so I am now trying to work out ovulation dates for the coming months etc.

I do think stress is playing a big part in my situation, we thought ttc would be so easy and now my partner thinks there is something wrong with him! and with all the hormone changes that came with coming off the pill having sex all the time isn't quite as glamorous as I had thought it was going to be!

Ovulation test pack was quite expensive so I dont want to waste it  so happy to have some buddies!! x

• Aww Alba so sorry to hear your period came! 

It is really stressful isn't it, I thought it'd be all fun and sex and excitement and I wouldn't worry about it. That was stupid of me! It'll be worth it in the end though for all of us i'm sure. 

Toya, i'm feeling really sick today but also had more of the slightly pink spotting (sorry tmi!) so really thinking i'm about to get my period too. I'm kind of ok with that cos this is only the first post pill cycle and it'll be nice to know in a way things are working. Just want to know now either way.

i'm 8dpo though so it'd be early....time will tell!

• Aww sorry to hear Alba, have you downloaded any period tracker apps? I have Ovia & Mydays and they tell u when u are fertile and give you hints & tips! You can buy cheap ovulation strips off amazon or ebay, i use them. You get 20 for £3 

Joyrou, could be implantation bleeding? i am all messed up this month, am actually 5dpo and i too had pinkish discharge (tmi) at lunchtime, so not sure what to think but hopfully a good sign. 

when will you test Joyrou? 

• I thought implantation bleeding too, but i've had it on and off from 5-8dpo so literally no idea what's going on - seems too much/long for implantation. I am betting anything its my cycles still settling down from the pill. I've never had it before though. 

I'd be officially due on next Wednesday so I should really try not to test until then....but maybe Monday if i've not got my period then? We are away this weekend so i'll be too busy and around family and not tempted.

How about you?

• I have read that implantation bleeding can last a few hours to 3 days..so could be! But you might be right, could just be your body adjusting to no hormones. Still got my fingers crossed for you 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

I have a rule where i will not test until my period is late. Seen too many negatives 

• Its a good rule, I'd love to stick to that because you're right, the negatives would be hard.

Ok so, i'll vow not to test until next week when i'm late - lets support each other on that image

• Its a deal lol x

• Hey Alba, you okay?

are you going to try anything different this month?

i keep reading that women are trying the sperm meets egg plan, have you heard of it?

if i get AF in 8 days then i might try this on my next cycle 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

• Yes Alba, how are you feeling?

I've heard of the sperm meets egg but wondered if it was too much pressure to try for specific days - my OH and I have avoided conversations about specifically when is the best time in case it makes it not fun - though to be fair, he is currently very happy about being jumped anytime lol!

I am feeling sick today but also had more spotting (really bored of that!) so gearing up for af over the weekend......just want to get on with it now so I can start another month and hopefully get on more of a normal cycle. 

• Yeah your right it can be a lot of pressure, i just tell my hubby the week we need to do it more often than others and so far i don't think he has felt under pressure (yet) think he is enjoying himself more than anything haha! 

Mo more spotting for me, just had that little bit yesterday, but AF isn't due for 8 days so if its not implantation bleeding then dunno what that was about! 

feel fine today, bk to just slightly tender boobs! 

Am really hoping you get a positive and not the dreaded AF x

• Thanks, its just frustrating because I can't remember this ever happening before I was on the pill, in fact I remember AF used to just be more BAM, I'm here! each month rather than any sort of spotting. Its always a bit first thing and then nothing the rest of the day, for 6 days now. 

Ooh sounds like it could be perfect timing for an implantation bleed for you! Is that out of the norm for you as well? Crossing my fingers for you x

• Contraceptive can really mess ur body up, especially if you have used them a long time..crap really!

Am not sure because i came off the horid depo injection last march and have not used any sort of protection since. But my periods have been all over the place, sometimes two in a month or months apart. 

The last 3 months i have had a period every 28 days so they seem to be settling down, so i guess going by the last 3 months it is out of the norm! 

Cannot wait to test but defo waiting till i am late, just hope i am not waiting another year like my first 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

• Really hope this is your month. 

I'm so looking forward to lots of distraction this weekend, won't even be able to talk about it as we'll be staying with OH family and no one knows!